Dubai Police Cars fleet
Dubai Police Cars fleet
Dubai Police Force cars, Dubai Police super car fleet, includes an Aston Martin One-77, a Bentley Continental GT, a Bugatti Veyron, Camaro, Ferrari FF, Lamborghini Aventador, Mercedes Brabus G-wagon, and several other exotic sports cars.
List of Abu Dhabi and Dubai Police supercars
- 2019 Nov 26: Dubai Police twittered a picture of the Tesla Cybertruck in Dubai Police colors resulting in speculation that Dubai Police had ordered or plans to order one or more of the cardboard box shaped electric pickup trucks with fragile windows. References:
- 2019 Nov 25: Dubai Police announced they had added a Mercedes AMG GT 63 S to their supercar fleet. They said it has "throbbing power". Mercedes says it has a biturbo. Total number of vehicles in the police car fleet is now 15, which means some previous vehicles might have been impounded or sold since there are ~30 vehicles in our list, including the Renault Twizy but not bicycles. In October 2018 Mercedes recorded the fastest Nurburgring Nordschleife lap for a 4 door production saloon in an AMG GT 63 S with a time of 7m 25.41s while trying to overtake Sabine Schmitz driving a motorhome. References:
- media.daimler.com a very long URL - Nurburgring lap in the AMG.
- www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bgLjcX6NU4 - Nurburgring lap video, Wohmobil not visible, Ms Schmitz ist too schnell.
List of Dubai Police Cars
|Car model||Price||Engine||Power||Top Speed||0-100kph||Plate No2||Date1|
|Aston Martin One-774||$1.79m3||7.3L V12||750 bhp||354 kph||3.7 sec||11||06 May 2013|
|Audi Q7, 4 nos||13 Nov 2016|
|Audi R8||4.2L V8||562 bhp||261 kph||4.2 sec||222, 555|
|Audi R8, 2 more||13 Nov 2016|
|Bentley Continental GT||6.0L W12||552 bhp||318 kph||4.8 sec||4|
|BMW i8 (Hybrid petrol and electric)||$140,000||1.5L||357 bhp||250 kph||4.4 sec||11112||11 Mar 2015|
|BMW M6 Gran Coupe||22|
|Brabus - see Mercedes|
|Bugatti Veyron5||$1.4m5||8.0L||1,000 bhp||431 kph5||2.7 sec||15 May 2013|
|Bugatti Veyron6||431 kph||2||06 Feb 2014|
|Chevrolet Camaro SS||6.2L V8||426 bhp||250 kph||5.5 sec||999|
|[No or not yet] Ferrari 458 Italia8|
|Ferrari FF, 2 nos?||$250,000||6.3L V8||651 bhp||335 kph||3.7 sec||8000, 9||19 Apr 2013|
|Ford Mustang Roush12||5.0L V8||575 bhp||240 kph||4.5 sec||33|
|[No] Ford Mustang Shelby8|
|Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4||$550,000||6.5L V12||691 bhp||349 kph||2.9 sec?||8||04 Dec 2013|
|[No or not yet] Lamborghini Gallardo8|
|Lexus GS 35011||AED 250k||1039||30 Nov 2014|
|Lexus RCF (RC-F)||5.0L V8||467 bhp||273 kph||4.4 sec||11112||04 Feb 2015|
|McLaren MP4-12C||AED1.1m||3.8L V8||616 bhp||333 kph||2.9 sec||2020||24 Dec 2013|
|Maserati GranTurismo [Sport, not MC?]13||AED 500k+||4.7L V8||454 bhp||299 kph||4.8 sec||14||15 May 2019|
|Mercedes AMG GT 63 S||$159,000||4.0L V8||639 bhp||315 kph||3.2 sec||23||25 Nov 2019|
|Mercedes G-Wagon Brabus (B63S?)||5.5L V8||700 bhp||240 kph||4.9 sec||7772|
|Mercedes-Benz SL63 (AMG)||5.5L V8||530 bhp||300 kph||4.0 sec||63 (!)|
|Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG||5|
|Nissan GTR||$100,000||3.8L V6||542 bhp||311 kph||3.2 sec||333|
|[No] Porsche GT310|
|[?] Porsche Panamera SE Hybrid|
|Renault Twizy||20 bhp||75 kph||Haha, no||7772||31 May 2013|
|Rhino eco-friendly car - see Renault?||electric||battery||No chance||Apr 2014|
|Tesla Cybertruck (maybe)||$40k-$70k||electric||big battery||110-130mph14||2.9-6.5 sec||26 Nov 2019|
|Toyota LandCruiser 70 Series, 3 door||1112||04 Feb 2015|
Other high performance vehicles
|Can Am Spyder superbike (3 wheels)7||115 bhp||200 kph||4-5 secs||02 Jun 2013|
|Victory Team power boat|
Abu Dhabi Police Force fleet
|Car Model||Price||Engine||Power||Top Speed||0-100kph||Plate No2||Date1|
|[No] Carbon Motors E79||21 Mar 2013|
|Chevrolet Camaro SS||13801|
|F1 race car (F999)?|
|Fiat 500 (new, not original version)||Mar 2010?|
|Ford F150 Raptor|
|Lykan Hypersport||$3m, $4m, $5?||3.75L||780 bhp||395 kph||2.9 sec||Jun 2015|
|Motorcycle - Orange County Choppers|
|Rolls Royce Phantom||$500,000||6.8L V12||999||10 Mar 2015|
|VW Golf GTI||11333|
- Date first joined police force vehicle fleet, or date first reported or announced.
- Usually based on first hand observation or photographs. Some apparent conflicts for example photos seen of plate 777 on the G-Wagon and the Twizy, and plate 1111 on the Lexus RCF and BMW i8.
- Different figures reported - $1.79m (AED 6.57m), AED11m ($3m). Dubai Police didn't say what they paid for it.
- Top Gear drove one in Dubai in 2012? Report was in September 2012 magazine issue.
- Reports of a Bugatti Veyron addition to the Dubai Police supercar fleet were based on a Twitter photo tweet by Lt Gen Dhahi Khalfan Tamim, Chief of Dubai Police. Different figures reported, even in the same report:
- $1.4m, $1.6m, $2.7m (AED 10m), $4m - for example the International Business Times said "Dubai Police Add $1.4M Bugatti Veyron ... the Dubai Police Department has gone and added a $4 million Bugatti Veyron ..."
- Different top speeds reported - 407 kph and 431 kph. Most reports said 431 kph?
- However, one report said it was a photoshopped photo and not a real Dubai Police car, from autoblog.nl: "Bugatti Veyron voor politie Dubai is een hoax. Voor nu." (in Dutch, translation: Bugatti Veyron for Dubai police is a hoax. For now.), 23 May 2013.
- Dubai Police Twitter account said "#Dubai_Police launches its newest Super Patrol Car - Bugatti Veyron". Presumably a real one this time (a Dubai Police Veyron picture was tweeted by the Dubai Police Chief on his own Twitter account in May 2013).
- Dubai Police Bugatti Veyron 0-100 km/h time also reported as 2.2 sec (2.7 sec).
- Specifications and performance figures not given for the Dubai Police model, figures in italics are estimates from other sources. Same vehicle reported later as a "Rhino" or an unnamed "green eco-friendly vehicle" (information given not clear).
- Some reports seen saying Dubai Police had a Ferrari 458 Italia in their fleet but confirmation not found. Similarly for a Lamborghini Gallardo. At least not as of March 2015, but who knows what they'll buy next ...
- Differences with Ferrari FF vs Ferrari 458: the FF has a bigger boot (or trunk), which makes it more useful for transporting criminals.
- Aventador vs Gallardo comparison: the Avantador has headlight washers, remote boot release, and child safety locks, the Gallardo doesn't. And the Aventador is faster.
- Photos seen in March 2013 of a Carbon Motors E7 in Abu Dhabi Police colors but since the company went bust around that time, presumably it was not delivered even if it was ordered. The E7 was to be a purpose built police car, available for purchase only by police forces.
- Photos seen in March 2014 of a Porsche GT3 in Dubai Police paint job by SignatureWraps in Belgium with Dutch number plates (NL 85-XV-LK) and incorrect police emergency number (997 instead of 999). Doesn't appear to be an actual Dubai Police force car. No announcement from Dubai Police found about acquiring a GT3 ... so far.
- Lexus GS350 badged car, which model not announced. New price is AED 180,000 for GS250 2.5L V6 250 bhp up to AED 275,000 for GS450 F Hybrid 3.5L V6 340 bhp. Also not clear if this is part of the supercar fleet or a daily driver for standard cop car duties, but so far there is only one being used by Dubai Police.
- Ford Mustang Roush power also reported as 670 bhp (575 bhp).
- Maserati GranTurismo performance figures given are for the Sport version. The MC version has a top speed of 301 km/h and 0-60mph (~0-100 kph) time of 4.7s, same horsepower of 354 bhp. Version not specified in press release but it looks like a Sport model in photos and videos. The MC model has an air scoop (air dam) on the bonnet (hood).
- Top speed information not given by Tesla, or not found. Secondary reference: www.consumerreports.org/hybrids-evs/electric-tesla-cybertruck-unveiled-with-edgy-futuristic-design/
Why does Dubai Police have a fleet of supercars?
According to Brigadier Nabil Abdulla Al Redha of the Dubai Police, "We mostly use the cars in places that have lots of tourists, allowing them to take pictures. This is promoting the image of Dubai to the world." (E-247 report 24 Dec 2013).
Abu Dhabi Police super cars timeline
- 2015 Jun: Lykan Hypersport. Reference: www.wmotors.ae/lykan-hypersport.html
Dubai Police supercar and luxury car announcements timeline and history
- 2019 May 15: Maserati GranTurismo addition announced.
- [update needed]
- 2016 Nov 13: 6 new cars added to fleet, two Audi R8s and four Audi Q7s.
List of Dubai Police normal cars
- Nissan Pathfinder
- Toyota Prado
List of other vehicles used by Dubai Police
- Electric bikes - reported or announced 27 Jan 2014 (Gulf News). Dubai Police are testing an "environment-friendly electronic motorbike". Plans are to use eco-bikes or green bikes in shopping centers, at events, in areas with dense traffic, and as a tourist attraction. Trial period duration not supplied. Power output, top speed, 0-100kph time, not provided. Probably the same vehicle reported elsewhere as a Segway or Zippi.
- Horses - Dubai Police have mounted police patrols at night in community areas Al Bada'a (Al Badaa), Al Qusais, Al Raffa (Al Rafaa, Umm Rafa'ah), Al Twar, Jumeirah, Mirdiff (Mirdif), Naif, Satwa. Dubai Police have had a horse department since 1976. Stables in Al Aweer and Al Qusais (Al Ghusais).
- Zippi - a modified or rebranded Segway, complete with flashing lights, reported Jan 2014.
List of some vehicles not used by the Dubai Police
- Bicycle with electric motor removed from kitchen egg-beater.
- Horse and cart with blue and red candles, flickering if it's a windy day.
- Premier Padmini.
- Volkswagen Beetle (6V).
- "Dubai Mounted Police in step with the times" - Gulf News report 13 Jun 2014.
Last update Tuesday 03-Dec-2019. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- www.instagram.com/dubaipolicehq - Dubai Police Instagram account with photos of supercars.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.