Dubai Police Cars fleet
Dubai Police Cars fleet
Dubai Police Force cars, Dubai Police super car fleet, includes an Aston Martin One-77, a Bentley Continental GT, a Bugatti Veyron, Camaro, Ferrari FF, Lamborghini Aventador, Mercedes Brabus G-wagon, and several other exotic sports cars.
List of Abu Dhabi and Dubai Police supercars
|Car model||Price||Engine||Power||Top Speed||0-100kph||Plate No2||Date1|
Dubai Police Force list
|Aston Martin One-774||$1.79m3||7.3L V12||750 bhp||354 kph||3.7 sec||11||06 May 2013|
|Audi Q7, 4 nos||13 Nov 2016|
|Audi R8||4.2L V8||562 bhp||261 kph||4.2 sec||222, 555|
|Audi R8, 2 more||13 Nov 2016|
|Bentley Continental GT||6.0L W12||552 bhp||318 kph||4.8 sec||4|
|BMW i8 (Hybrid petrol and electric)||$140,000||1.5L||357 bhp||250 kph||4.4 sec||11112||11 Mar 2015|
|BMW M6 Gran Coupe||22|
|Brabus - see Mercedes|
|Bugatti Veyron5||$1.4m5||8.0L||1,000 bhp||431 kph5||2.7 sec||15 May 2013|
|Bugatti Veyron6||431 kph||2||06 Feb 2014|
|Chevrolet Camaro SS||6.2L V8||426 bhp||250 kph||5.5 sec||999|
|[No or not yet] Ferrari 458 Italia8|
|Ferrari FF, 2 nos?||$250,000||6.3L V8||651 bhp||335 kph||3.7 sec||8000, 9||19 Apr 2013|
|Ford Mustang Roush12||5.0L V8||575 bhp||240 kph||4.5 sec||33|
|[No] Ford Mustang Shelby8|
|Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4||$550,000||6.5L V12||691 bhp||349 kph||2.9 sec?||8||04 Dec 2013|
|[No or not yet] Lamborghini Gallardo8|
|Lexus GS 35011||AED 250k||1039||30 Nov 2014|
|Lexus RCF (RC-F)||5.0L V8||467 bhp||273 kph||4.4 sec||11112||04 Feb 2015|
|McLaren MP4-12C||AED1.1m||3.8L V8||616 bhp||333 kph||2.9 sec||2020||24 Dec 2013|
|Thanks for visiting Dubai Police Cars|
|Mercedes G-Wagon Brabus (B63S?)||5.5L V8||700 bhp||240 kph||4.9 sec||7772|
|Mercedes-Benz SL63 (AMG)||5.5L V8||530 bhp||300 kph||4.0 sec||63 (!)|
|Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG||5|
|Nissan GTR||$100,000||3.8L V6||542 bhp||311 kph||3.2 sec||333|
|[No] Porsche GT310|
|[?] Porsche Panamera SE Hybrid|
|Renault Twizy||20 bhp||75 kph||Haha, no||7772||31 May 2013|
|Rhino eco-friendly car - see Renault?||battery||No chance||Apr 2014|
|Toyota LandCruiser 70 Series, 3 door||1112||04 Feb 2015|
|Other high performance vehicles|
|Can Am Spyder superbike (3 wheels)7||115 bhp||200 kph||4-5 secs||02 Jun 2013|
|Victory Team power boat|
Abu Dhabi Police Force fleet
|[No] Carbon Motors E79||21 Mar 2013|
|Chevrolet Camaro SS||13801|
|F1 race car (F999)?|
|Fiat 500 (new, not original version)||Mar 2010?|
|Ford F150 Raptor|
|Motorcycle - Orange County Choppers|
|Rolls Royce Phantom||$500,000||6.8L V12||999||10 Mar 2015|
|VW Golf GTI||11333|
- Date first joined police force vehicle fleet, or date first reported or announced.
- Usually based on first hand observation or photographs. Some apparent conflicts for example photos seen of plate 777 on the G-Wagon and the Twizy, and plate 1111 on the Lexus RCF and BMW i8.
- Different figures reported - $1.79m (AED 6.57m), AED11m ($3m). Unknown what Dubai Police paid for it.
- Top Gear drove one in Dubai in 2012? Report was in September 2012 magazine issue.
- Reports of a Bugatti Veyron addition to the Dubai Police supercar fleet were based on a Twitter photo tweet by Lt Gen Dhahi Khalfan Tamim, Chief of Dubai Police. Different figures reported, even in the same report:
- $1.4m, $1.6m, $2.7m (AED 10m), $4m - for example the International Business Times said "Dubai Police Add $1.4M Bugatti Veyron ... the Dubai Police Department has gone and added a $4 million Bugatti Veyron ..."
- Different top speeds reported - 407 kph and 431 kph. Most reports said 431 kph?
- However, one report said it was a photoshopped photo and not a real Dubai Police car, from autoblog.nl: "Bugatti Veyron voor politie Dubai is een hoax. Voor nu." (in Dutch, translation: Bugatti Veyron for Dubai police is a hoax. For now.), 23 May 2013.
- Dubai Police Twitter account said "#Dubai_Police launches its newest Super Patrol Car - Bugatti Veyron". Presumably a real one this time (a Dubai Police Veyron picture was tweeted by the Dubai Police Chief on his own Twitter account in May 2013).
- Dubai Police Bugatti Veyron 0-100 km/h time also reported as 2.2 sec (2.7 sec).
- Differences with Ferrari FF vs Ferrari 458: the FF has a bigger boot (or trunk), which makes it more useful for transporting criminals.
- Aventador vs Gallardo comparison: the Avantador has headlight washers, remote boot release, and child safety locks, the Gallardo doesn't. And the Aventador is faster.
Why does Dubai Police have a fleet of supercars?
According to Brigadier Nabil Abdulla Al Redha of the Dubai Police, "We mostly use the cars in places that have lots of tourists, allowing them to take pictures. This is promoting the image of Dubai to the world." (E-247 report 24 Dec 2013).
Dubai Police supercar and luxury car announcements timeline and history
- 13 Nov 2016: 6 new cars added to fleet, two Audi R8s and four Audi Q7s.
List of Dubai Police normal cars
- Nissan Pathfinder
- Toyota Prado
List of other vehicles used by Dubai Police
- Electric bikes - reported or announced 27 Jan 2014 (Gulf News). Dubai Police are testing an "environment-friendly electronic motorbike". Plans are to use eco-bikes or green bikes in shopping centers, at events, in areas with dense traffic, and as a tourist attraction. Trial period duration not supplied. Power output, top speed, 0-100kph time, not provided. Probably the same vehicle reported elsewhere as a Segway or Zippi.
- Horses - Dubai Police have mounted police patrols at night in community areas Al Bada'a (Al Badaa), Al Qusais, Al Raffa (Al Rafaa, Umm Rafa'ah), Al Twar, Jumeirah, Mirdiff (Mirdif), Naif, Satwa. Dubai Police have had a horse department since 1976. Stables in Al Aweer and Al Qusais (Al Ghusais).
- Zippi - a modified or rebranded Segway, complete with flashing lights, reported Jan 2014.
List of some vehicles not used by the Dubai Police
- Bicycle with electric motor removed from kitchen egg-beater.
- Horse and cart with blue and red candles, flickering if it's a windy day.
- Premier Padmini.
- Volkswagen Beetle (6V).
- "Dubai Mounted Police in step with the times" - Gulf News report 13 Jun 2014.
Last update Monday 14-Nov-2016. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- www.instagram.com/dubaipolicehq - Dubai Police Instagram account with photos of supercars.