Ajman emirate and city
Ajman emirate, UAE, and Ajman city - change to template. Also spelt Ujman (check)?
This page under development, not ready, don't use. <description>, <keywords>
Ajman is the smallest of the UAE emirates both by size and population, most of it lies along the coast north of Dubai and Sharjah.
- Ajman emirate and Ajman city are mostly the same place, geographically surrounded by the Sharjah emirate. Al Hamriya district (part of Sharjah emirate) on the northern border of Ajman separates the emirates of Ajman and Umm Al Quwain (UAQ).
- There are a couple of other areas of the UAE which are part of the Ajman emirate politically, although separated from the main Ajman area by parts of other emirates:
- Al Manama dependency, region and town (Al Manamah) - a small area in the mountains between Al Dhaid and Masafi, about 60 km east of Ajman city, bordered by Fujairah and Sharjah emirates. Marked on some maps as part of Fujairah emirate? Sounds odd, Ajman is planning to build an airport in the Manama area, which would be unlikely if that area didn't belong to Ajman.
- Masfout region and town (Masfut, Masfouth, Masafwat) - a larger area than Manama (about half the size of the main Ajman emirate) located about 110-120 km southeast of Ajman city, before Hatta when travelling from Dubai. An agricultural area, and the mountains also have natural resources including magnesium and curium mineral deposits. Bordered by Oman, Ras Al Khaimah emirate, and the Hatta part of Dubai emirate.
- As with other emirates in the UAE there are no passport checks when travelling by road between emirates, and most people most of the time won't be aware of the exact point at which an emirate's border is crossed. On rare occasions there might be a checkpoint between emirates but any government issued ID should be sufficient.
- Parent category - UAE emirates
- Child pages - Ajman city and towns
- Related pages - Ajman International Airport, Ajman Bank, Ajman Uptown Shopping Mall, Ajman Factory Mart, Ajman communities, Ajman schools, nurseries, universities, other UAE emirates, list of emirates and cities in the UAE
- Ajman Academy - an expensive IB school in Ajman, different from The Royal Academy and The First Academy, also schools in Ajman.
- Ajman Bank - an Islamic bank based in Ajman emirate.
- Ajman Free Zone - free trade zone in Ajman.
- Ajman Moniscione - name of an Arabian stallion, mother Anthea Moniscione, father WH Justice. Other related horses include Anette Moniscione (daughter), Aura Moniscione (girlfriend or wife, or just dated for a night to produce Anette).
- Ajman Palace - The Ajman Palace Hotel, luxury resort hotel on the Ajman Corniche.
- Ajman Saray - a beach resort hotel in Ajman city, part of the Starwood Hotels and Resorts group.
- Ajman stamps
- Ajman Stud - Arabian horse farm owned by the Ajman Crown Prince, Sheikh Ammar bin Humaid Al Nuaimi.
- Ajman University of Science and Technology (AUST)
- China Mall Ajman
- Cinestar Ajman
- FEWA Ajman
- GMC Hospital Ajman
- Kempinski Hotel Ajman (Kempinski Ajman)
- International Indian School Ajman
- Preston University Ajman
- Ramada Ajman
- VOX Cinemas Ajman
- Al Manama Private School
- Al Manama centre, group, hypermarket, mall, restaurant, school, supermarket, tower, Ajman, location.
- Masfout club, general hospital, location map, mountains. Holiday Arabian Resort Masfout.
Ajman roads and infrastructure
- Al Hamadiya bridge - open 06 Feb 2013. Construction project cost AED 223m, contractor Emirates Road Contracting Co.
Last update Friday 09-May-2014. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.