Abu Dhabi Education Zone
Abu Dhabi Educational Zone (ADEZ)
The Abu Dhabi Education Zone (ADEZ) is the education region of the city of Abu Dhabi. There is also an Al Ain Education Zone (AEZ / AAEZ) and a Western Region Education Zone (WEZ). The Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) governs schools in all three educational zones, and from January 2008, took over supervision of ADEZ from the UAE Ministry of Education (MOE).
- ADEZ was established in 1980 as a complimentary organisation to the UAE Ministry of Education.
- ADEZ licences and issues permits to educational establishments in Abu Dhabi (or did - this role taken over by the ADEC).
- ADEZ oversees school curriculums and programs.
- Director of ADEZ is Mr Mohammed Salem M Al Dhaheri, he took over the position in 2001 (still current January 2009).
- Previous directors were Yousef Saleh Al Hosany, Yousef Ali Al Ansari, Issa Khalifa Al Suweidi, Sultan Al Saman.
- The difference between ADEC and ADEZ according to Dr Mugheer Khamis Al Khaili, the ADEC Director General, in a Gulf News interview reported 28 September 2008, is that "ADEC plans and takes decisions, while the Abu Dhabi Education Zone is in charge of the implementation process."
ADEZ contact details
- Postal address: Abu Dhabi Educational Zone, PO Box 70713, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- Location: near junction of Sheikh Zayed the First St (7th St) and King Khalid Bin Abdul Aziz Saeed St (26th St), Al Khalidiya (Al Khalidiyah) area. Or in Al Rowdah (Al Rawdah) according to some sources - near intersection of 13th (Delma Rd) and 26th streets (King Khalid Bin Abdulaziz Street)?
- Tel +971-2-6653000, fax +971-2-6659994, email email@example.com (website offline so unknown if email still valid).
Last update Sunday 09-Feb-2014
- ADEC - Abu Dhabi Educational Council
- Abu Dhabi colleges
- Abu Dhabi schools - list of schools in Abu Dhabi
- Abu Dhabi universities
- www.adez.ae - Abu Dhabi Education Zone website, in Arabic and English. Most pages return an error (last checked May 2009)
- [Disabled] Submit URL.