Al Ghurair Shopping Center
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Al Ghurair Shopping Center
The Al Ghurair Shopping Center is part of the Al Ghurair City complex in Deira, Dubai. The shopping mall has a cinema complex, food court, outdoor cafes and restaurants, a Spinneys Dubai supermarket, along with the usual assortment of shops.
- Al Ghurair City includes the shopping mall, and apartment complex.
- Underground covered parking available.
- McDonalds and several other restaurants and cafes have outdoor seating on Al Rigga Road, and around the back of the Al Ghurair Center.
- Dubai Metro Union Square station on the Red Line is a short walk from the mall. Al Riga station is not too far either.
- One of the oldest shopping malls in Dubai (Al Mulla Plaza is another one). First opened in 1981.
Al Ghurair Center extension and expansion
- Opening date of new extension to Al Ghurair shopping mall is Tuesday 01 October 2013 (press release 30 Sep 2013).
- Project value AED 2 billion, includes 130 (or 150 according to 19 Feb 2013 press release) new stores bringing total to 350 outlets. Total GLA expanded by 375,000 sq feet to 850,000 sq ft.
- New facilities and attractions include a Sparky's family entertainment area with ice rink, climbing wall, bumper cars, 5D cinema, indoor roller coaster. Also a new food court with 18 outlets, and a 30m high indoor fountain display in the main atrium (not quite as high as the Dubai Fountains).
- Other new shops include Aeropostale, Calzedonia, Cortefiel, Crazy 8, George, I Am, Iconic, Mango, Marks & Spencer, Omega.
- David Thurling, Vice-President of Al Ghurair Properties malls division said about the mall after new expansion opened "In many ways, the centre will build on the inherent vibrancy of the surrounding streets to create a bustling experience similar to places like Greenwich Village in New York or Covent Garden in London," (The National 03 Oct 2013). Er, yes, ok then.
Hotel, office tower, residential apartments
- Al Ghurair Rayhaan - 5 star hotel with 428 rooms, open Dec 2012.
- Al Ghurair Arjaan serviced apartments with 192 apartments, open Dec 2012
- Office tower
Al Ghurair Center shopping mall new shops and news
- Sombra Fashion - Spanish clothing for women, new shop opened by Abughazaleh Trading Company (ABCO) in Al Ghurair Centre, 2nd Sombra store in the UAE, first is in Sahara Center Sharjah, announced 19 Jan 2014.
Information below is all from prior to opening of Al Ghurair extension in Oct 2013, and not yet updated ...
Al Ghurair City shopping mall opening hours and times
|Area||Saturday to Thursday||Friday|
|Shops||1000-2200 (10am-10pm)||1400-2200 (2pm-10pm)|
|Food Court||1000-2200 (10am-10pm)||1400-2200 (2pm-10pm)|
|Spinneys||0800-2400 (8am-midnight)||0800-2400 (8am-midnight)|
Al Ghurair Center list of shops
- Total of about 200 retail shops, restaurants, and other outlets.
|Category||Shop and Store Names|
|ATMs and cash machines||See Banks|
|Beauty Saloons||Amro Ladies Saloon, Beverly Hills Saloon (men), N-Bar|
|Books||Not really, try Spinneys or Gulf Greetings|
|Cafes and Coffee Shops||Barista Espresso Cafe (closed?), Blenz Coffee, Cafe Cupreme, Caribou Coffee, Mugg & Bean, Seattle's Best Coffee, Starbucks Coffee, Testa Rossa Cafe|
|Cards, Gifts, and Stationery||Gulf Greetings, Lifestyle, Papermoon Gift Wrapping, Royal Majesty|
|Children's and Maternity Clothes||Adams, Babyshop, BoBoli, Carter's, Funland (kids party clothes), Girandola, Girls, Iana, Jadorekidz (May 2010, NMD Fashions), Kid's Way, Lugean, La Senza Girl, Marasil, Mothercare, Pumpkin Patch, Tout Compte Fait|
|Clothing Accessories||Aldo Accessories, Claire's, Falantina, Jewel Craft, Just Accessories (2010?), Le Chateau, Monet & Co., Paris Gallery, Splash|
|Clothing and Fashion, general||See Fashion, mixed|
|Cosmetics and Perfumes||Ajmal Perfumes, Arabian Oud, Inglot, King of Gaharu, Knooz Saba (2010?), Oud Al Hamarain, Palace of Oudh, Paris Gallery, Rasasi, Red Earth, Reeha Trading Establishment, Skin Food, The Face Shop (2010?)|
|Department Stores||BHS, Jashanmal, Max, Sharief|
|Electronics||Al Dirham, Plug-Ins Electronix|
|Fashion, Arabic||Ali Al Jazeeri, First Choice House, First Lady, Habayeb, Hanayen, Joory Fashion (2010?), Kashmir Art Gallery (pashminas and shawls), Mashael, Mumtaz & Khunji, Sweet Lady, The Swan|
|Fashion, Lingerie||Blush, Calvin Klein, Change, La Senza, Lugean Lingerie, Nayomi, Triumph International|
|Fashion, Men||Al Mundo, Balmain, Marco Azzali, Marco Barocco, Mexx, Pierre Cardin, Phat Farm, Retro, Splash, Springfield, Ted Lapidus|
|Fashion, Mixed||Bossini, Columbia, French Connection, G2000, Giordano, Guess, Hang Ten, Jeans West, Lee Cooper, Levi's, Timberland|
|Fashion, Teenagers||See mens or ladies fashion|
|Fashion, Women||Apple Bottoms, Baby Phat, Cartoon Fashion, Espirit, Evans, H.Flo (2010?), La City (La Cité?), Le Chateau, Liz Claiborne, Maraheb Boutique, Mexx, MS, Rosetta, Splash|
|Food Court||Al Safeer (Lebanese), Chinese Palace, Coldstone Creamery, Kudu (burgers and fries), Mini Melts Ice Cream, Nawab (Indian), Picantina, Sala Thai, Santino's (Italian), Sweet Factory (kiosk), Tasty Corn (kiosk)|
|Food (not in food court)||Baskin Robbins ice-cream, Chili's American Grill, Chinese Palace Restaurant, Chow King (Chinese), Cinnabon, Fish & Co., Gerard Patisserie, Hatam Restaurant, McDonald's Al Ghurair, Nando's, Papa John's Pizza, Shogun Restaurant|
|Footwear||See shoes, and/or handbags|
|Handbags||Aldo, Bata, Calonge, Domino, Fortune Duck, Marelli, Naturaliser, Nine West, Paris Gallery, Sacoche, Spring, Tango, Vialli|
|Health and Fitness|
|Home Accessories & Furnishings||2 XL, Kashmir Art Gallery (carpets and rugs), Swarovski|
|Jewellery||Damas, Fashion Gold, Life Style, Marbeya Jewellery, Popley La Classique, Prima Gold, Swarovski|
|Luggage, Leather Goods||Jashanmal, Leather Palace, Sharief, Segue|
|Money Exchange||Al Ghurair International Exchange|
|Optics, Spectacles, Sunglasses||Al Jaber Optical Centre, Paris Gallery, Yateem Opticians|
|Pharmacy||Moon Two Pharmacy|
|Phones||Aptec Mobiles, Axiom, Du|
|Services||Etisalat bill payment machine|
|Shoes||Aldo, Bata, Charles & Keith, Clarks, Ecco Shoes, K Corner, Le Chateau, Milano, Nike, Shoe Express (2010?), Timberland. See also Handbags.|
|Sports and Leisure||Adidas, Converse, Nike, Pairs, Sun & Sand Sports, Yasaki Sports|
|Tailors||Al Naamani Tailoring|
|Textiles||Abdullah Hussain Khunji, Afrah, Al Melaa, Al Yazia Trading, Aroma, Charme, Damas Textiles, Emessa, Felwa, Gulf Elegance, Laurent, La Viera, Louloua, Majestic Textiles, Marseh, Monteroza, Naz Textiles, Nobles (men), Signe, Sposa Bella, Verona, White Thread (men)|
|Toys and Games||Early Learning Center (ELC), Toy Store (2010?)|
|Watches||Hour Choice (kiosk), Paris Gallery, Popley La Classique, Rado & Tissot (2010?), Rivoli, Swatch|
|Other / not categorized|
Al Ghurair City shopping mall contact details
- Tel customer service +971-4-2055309 or +971-4-2055285, email email@example.com.
- Postal address: Al Ghurair City, PO Box 6999, Dubai, UAE.
- Location map (new window).
Last update Saturday 22-Feb-2014. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- www.alghuraircentre.com - new Al Ghurair City and shopping mall website.
- www.alghuraircity.com - old website, forwards to an alghuraircentre.com error page.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.