Property ownership in Dubai UAE
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Property ownership in Dubai and the UAE
Property ownership and laws in Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Ras Al Khaimah and other UAE emirates - information and guide.
- Foreigners can buy property - apartments, villas, and sometimes land - in Dubai and some of the other UAE emirates.
- It is not necessary for the property owner to live in the UAE.
- Emirates that do allow foreigners and expats to buy property usually have restrictions on locations where they can own property.
- Some emirates allow freehold ownership, some allow leasehold only, some allow both.
- UAE citizens can own land and property anywhere in the UAE. Nationals of GCC countries can probably buy property anywhere in the UAE also.
- All comments below apply to non-UAE and non-GCC citizens.
Property ownership in Abu Dhabi
- Leasehold ownership only, in selected developments?
Property ownership in Ajman
- Freehold ownership in some developments
Property ownership in Dubai
- Freehold and leasehold ownership in some developments.
- First emirate in UAE to allow freehold property ownership by foreigners.
Property ownership in Fujairah
Property ownership in Ras Al Khaimah (RAK)
- Freehold and leasehold ownership rights in some developments and buildings
- Second emirate in the UAE to allow foreigners to own property?
- Freehold ownership law for foreigners passed in November 2005?
Property ownership in Sharjah
- Leasehold ownership only permitted for non-UAE and non-GCC nationals
- Freehold property ownership rights under consideration after sharp falls of up to 50% in property prices in Sharjah during 2008 and 2009 according to comments in report from CB Richard Ellis (CBRE), a property consultant in the UAE (08 August 2010 reports).
- Sharjah power cuts in the summer are prompting many residents of Sharjah to consider moving to Dubai or Ajman.
Property ownership in Umm Al Quwain
- Freehold and leasehold ownership in some developments
Last update Tuesday 10-Aug-2010. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- Dubai property owner visa - residence visas for property owners in the UAE
- Property agents in Dubai
- Property in Dubai
- Property law in Dubai
- Property developers in Dubai
- Property developments in Dubai
- Property developments in RAK
- [Disabled] Submit URL.