Princess Haya Dubai
Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein, Dubai
Her Royal Highness Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein of Jordan, First Lady of Dubai, is the wife of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai.
- Born 03 May 1974, daughter of the late King Hussein of Jordan (1952-1999) and Queen Alia (1948-1977).
- Graduated in Politics, Philosophy and Economics from Oxford University in the UK.
- Married Sheikh Mohammed on 10 April 2004. Princess Haya is the second of his two wives, his first wife is Sheikha Hind Bint Maktoum Bin Juma Al Maktoum.
- She is an accomplished horse jockey - represented Jordan in the 2000 Olympics and in the World Equestrian Games in showjumping.
- Youngest ever President of the Federation Equestre Internationale (FEI) - elected in May 2006.
- The current King Abdullah II of Jordan is her half-brother.
- 2005 to 2007 served as Goodwill Ambassador for the World Food Program (WFP)
- October 2006 awarded the Guirlande d'Honneur (The Laural Wreath) and Celebrity of the Year by the Milan International FICTS Festival (Federation Internationale Cinema Television Sportifs).
- 21 September 2007 - designated United Nations Messenger of Peace by United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon.
- 17 December 2007 - announced patronage of the 8th Al Fares Equine Trade Fair in Johannesburg April 2008, and Dubai October 2008.
Princess Haya Initiative for the Development of Health, Physical Education & School Sports
- The Princess Haya Initiative for the Development of Health, Physical Education & School Sports is a program to encourage school students to participate in sports and other activities to improve their physical health.
- Program launched in 2007 by the Dubai KHDA, initially focusing on government schools in Dubai.
- The KHDA and Dubai Sports City in May 2010 together got involved in the program, starting with cricket coaching for PE teachers at public schools.
Birth of son to Princess Haya and Sheikh Mohammed
- Announced on Sheikh Mohammed's Twitter feed 07 January 2011 (Princess Haya and I were blessed with a baby boy ... We named him "Zayed").
- Son's name is Zayed. Date of birth not disclosed.
Birth of Princess Haya's first daughter - Sheikha Al Jalila
- 02 December 2007 (UAE National Day) - Princess Haya gives birth to a baby daughter, HH Sheikha Al Jalila Bint Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum (originally reported as Sheikha Alia Bint Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum).
- This is Princess Haya's first child. Sheikh Mohammed has another 17 children, 12 of them with his other wife, Sheikha Hind.
- The young royal's first name is also written as Aljalila, but not Al Jalia or Aljalia.
- Jalila / Jaleela / Galila means Exalted, Great, Important, Noble, or Revered (male equivalent is Jalil).
- Jalila is also the name of a female scientist superhero in the AK Comics series 'Middle East Heros', published in Egypt.