Mirdif City Centre entertainment
Mirdif City Centre entertainment, attractions, activities, events
Mirdif City Centre entertainment, attractions, activities, events. VOX Cinemas, Yalla Bowling, iFly, Magic Planet, PlayNation.
|Name or area||Location||Timings||Notes|
|[?] Aquaplay||north||1000-2300 (to 2400 Thu, Fri)||Became Little Explorers Junior?|
|[?] Cite Des Enfants||south||Became Little Explorers?|
|Little Explorers Junior||north||Water Zone, Play Zone, Space Zone|
|Magic Planet||2 nos, north end and south end|
|[Closed] Orbi Dubai||south||Open May 2017 to May 2019.|
|[?] Play Nation||1000-2300 (to 2400 Thu, Fri)|
|shopping||north, east, south, west|
|[?] Soccer Circus|
|Sky Trail||south||Climbing activity and wall|
Events at Mirdif City Centre
Entertainment, leisure and cinema area
- Indoor sort of nature museum in partnership with Sega and BBC World. Opened May 2017, closed 30 Apr 2019 (website notice).
- Website www.orbidubai.com, offline since Jun 2019.
[Below information last update 12 Nov 2009]
The Mirdiff City Center shopping mall will have an entertainment area with cinemas, children's play area, and other amusements. Originally the size was about 20,000 sq meters (215,000 sq ft) but a press release on 29 Jul 2009 about the handover of the entertainment area from one Majid Al Futtaim subsidiary to another, said that the total area was about 25,000 square meters (269,000 square feet), or about 12% of the total shopping mall GLA.
Majid Al Futtaim (MAF) introduced in November 2009 a new leisure brand subsidiary, Playnation, which will comprise the Mirdif City Center Mall leisure and entertainment facilites. The Mirdiff Mall Playnation area will include Cite des Enfants, iFly, Magic Planet, Soccer Circus, and Yalla! Bowling. The Aquaplay brand seems to be operated as a separate subsidiary of Majid Al Futtaim Leisure (MAFL).
List of MCC attractions and activity areas
- Aquaplay Mirdif - water based kiddie rides for young children and parents with umbrellas. Bring a towel.
- Bowling alley with 12 lanes - Yalla! Bowling.
- Cinema - 10 screen multiplex (reduced from 12-14 screens in earlier information).
- Cite Des Enfants - children's play area and edutainment area, but not just for French kids.
- "iFly" indoor sky diving experience - in the entertainment area.
- Magic Planet - video games, whack-a-mole, glass cases full of cuddly toys that are impossible to retrieve, and the usual amusement park gadgets and machines.
- Soccer Circus - in the entertainment area.
- Virgin Active Gyms.
Aquaplay children's water entertainment center
[Last update 28 Sep 2009]
Aquaplay is a children's indoor entertainment area with water based adventure activities for kids aged 2-8 years old. The facility will have a marine and beach them with painted palm trees, beaches, and sailing gear. Announced in press release 27 Sep 2009.
- Aquapals - the collection of Aquaplay characters in the theme park, headed by Captain Splash, provide explanations and education about the marine world.
- Aquatraptions - the various interactive aqua activities.
Aquaplay activities and attractions
- Bumper Boat Pool.
- Gemstone Digging.
- Flume Ride (indoors) with 2 ramps and 2 chutes.
- Mad Lab - see how the Aquaplay rides and facilities work.
- Tug Boat Swing Ship.
Cite des Enfants
Cite des Enfants is an edutainment area for small children, designed for them to learn stuff while playing, and established by Majid Al Futtaim Leisure (MAFL) subsidiary Playnation in conjunction with the Cite des Sciences et de I'industrie (CSI), a large science museum in Paris (www.cite-sciences.fr). Cite des Enfants activity areas and themes include:
- All Together
- I Discover Myself
- I Can Do
- I Experiment
- I Locate Myself
The MAFL press release (10 Nov 2009) says, "Each zone has been designed by a team of scenic artists, designers, educationalists, and child psychologists, to allow for exercising the body and mind and to foster cognitive learning." Yes, quite, erm, well, there you go.
- Freefall parachuting simulation attraction without the parachutes, or falling sensation that parachute-less jumpers experience from 10,000 feet up.
- iFLY jumpers do get to wear a jumpsuit, helmet and goggles though, and can ride the air chute while attempting twists, turns, and somersaults.
- Two wind tunnels available.
- Might be a weight limit of 110-115 kg (250 lbs) to avoid clogging up the fan.
- Not recommended or permitted for pregnant women.
- Indoor interactive soccer stadium where soccer (football) wannabes can practice ball skills - shooting, passing, ball control etc, with accompanying cheering crowd noises.
- Next to the Soccer CIrcus are other indoor sports areas - badminton, indoor cricket, indoor field hockey, indoor soccer, indoor volleyball.
Yalla! Bowling Lanes and Lounge
- Yalla! Bowling is a 12 lane indoor "cosmic" ten pin bowling center.
- Video simulation and video games also in the area.
- Additional pool and billiards area.
- Food and drink available.
- Parent category: Mirdif City Centre.
- Child pages: Activity details.
- Related pages: Amusement parks, Theme parks.
Last update Thursday 24-Oct-2019.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.