La Maison d Hotes Jumeirah Dubai
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
La Maison d'Hôtes Jumeirah Dubai
La Maison d'Hôtes was a pleasant and popular French-run guesthouse, or boutique hotel, offering bed & breakfast in the Jumeirah suburb of Dubai, in operation from 2007 to early 2010. La Maison was pretty much the only Bed and Breakfast (B&B) style guesthouse in Dubai. There are a couple of hotels in Bastakiya area that are sort of guesthouses, and a Youth Hostel in Deira (no we know Youth Hostels are not the same but we're trying to think of something different from a tower block hotel, luxury beach resort, or apartment block in Deira, which are generally the accommodation options in Dubai).
Closing date was 11 January 2010 after its licence to operate as a guest house in Jumeirah was not renewed by the Dubai Municipality. Leaving some people wondering why the DM gave them a licence in the first place if they didn't like the idea.
La Maison D'Hôtes closure notice (no longer on website)
La Maison D'Hôtes closes definitely its doors on the 11th of January 2010
After 3 years of shared pleasure with you to make this ambitious project live, we are closing our doors definitely on the 11th of January after the municipality has refused to renew our authorization to work as a guest house in the residential district of Jumeirah. We sincerely thank you for taking place in this wonderful experience by our side and to have testified your trust and satisfaction by your faithfulness.
La Maison D'Hôtes information
Information below is no longer valid of course, but left here for archival purposes.
La Maison d'Hôtes room facilities
- Themed rooms based on Afghanistan, Bedouin, Berber, Oman, Persia, Sri Lanka
- Minimum 25 sq meter area
- TV with a selection of American, Arabic, Asian, European satellite and cable channels
- Safe deposit box
- Internet access on request
- Limited room service
La Maison d'Hôtes guest house facilities
- Airport pickup for AED 70
- Business center
- Coffee Corner (open 0900-1800)
- Conference room with seating for 24-32 people depending on configuration
- Laundry service
- Lounges (5) with books and games
- Private lounge and dining room
- Restaurant for breakfast, lunch, dinner (closed on Fridays). No alcohol served.
- Souvenir shop
- Swimming pools (2)
- Tourist information
- Wifi access in lounges
La Maison d'Hôtes room rates per night (February 2008)
- Standard Double Room AED 850
- Deluxe Double Room AED 950
- Executive Suite AED 1050
- 2 bedroom with ensuite AED 1300
- Additional 10% municipality taxes and 10% service charges
- Additional AED 75 for breakfast (AED 45 for children 4-10 years old, free for children under 4 years)
La Maison d'Hôtes contact details
- Location 83B St (between 14D and 26D streets), Jumeirah 1, sort of across from Al Rabeeh Kindergarten (not confirmed)?
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (probably no longer operating from 11 January 2010).
- Postal address La Maison d'Hôtes, PO Box 212930, Jumeirah, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Managing Directors - Claude Berquier and Julie Renaudie.
- Reception & Tourism Desk Manager - Elise Schawlb (not Schwalb?).
Ze Blue Box - Boîte Bleue à La Maison d'Hôtes
- Online fine food shopping in the UAE with deliveries to La Maison d'Hôtes, website www.zebluebox.com
Last update Thursday 31-Oct-2013
- www.lamaisondhotesdubai.com - La Maison d'Hôtes website, has reverted to spam / parked page when checked 25 January 2010
- [Disabled] Submit URL.