Wednesday 27 January 2021 (UAE)
Jebel Hafeet, Al Ain
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Jebel Hafeet mountain in Al Ain
This page under development.
|Summit height||1,340 m|
|GPS at peak|
- [Check height] Height is 1340 meters or 1,249 meters, on the border with Oman.
- Three or four lane tarmac highway takes you almost to the top, 13 km distance. Many places on the way up to stop, park, look at the view, take photos.
- Road was built in the 1980s at a cost of about AED 180 million. Road is rated as one of the best roads in the world to drive.
- Large car park area at end of road with cheap but unpleasant cafes and restaurants.
- Temperature at top is a few degrees cooler than at sea-level. Even in mid summer it's possible to sit relatively comfortably outside.
- Hotel Mercure near the top often has special room rates in the summer months. All the usual facilities and 5 stars.
- Restaurant at the top of the mountain is aptly named 'Top of the Mountain Restaurant'. Don't expect Gordon Ramsey to be cooking.
- Sheikh Zayed's palace at the foot of the mountain. Also some hot springs at base called Green Mubazzarah.
- Parent category - mountains in Al Ain UAE, Al Ain city, Al Ain tourist attractions.
- Child pages - none yet.
- Related pages - Al Ain Zoo and Wildlife Park, Al Ain Water Park.
- Jebel Hafit (Jabal, Jebal, Jabel Hafet).
- Jebel Hafeet accident, Al Ain hotel, hot springs, hotel, location map, map, mountain road, mountains, pictures, tombs.
Last update Wednesday 12-Nov-2014. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.