Horse riding in UAE
Horse riding, horseback riding, show jumping, equestrian clubs, facilities, lessons in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and UAE.
- Dubai Racing Club (DRC)
- Emirates Racing Authority (ERA) or Emirates Racing Association?
- UAE Equestrian & Racing Federation (Emirates Equestrian Federation), Abu Dhabi - supervises racing, showjumping, endurance events in the UAE, established 1992, tel +971-2-6661800.
Abu Dhabi horse riding and equestrian facilities
- Abu Dhabi Equestrian Club - tel +971-2-4455500
(some sources have +971-2-455500 which is out of date), website www.adec-web.com, facilities include stables and air-conditioned show jumping and riding arena
- Abu Dhabi Tourist Club - tel +971-2-4455500, email email@example.com
- Abu Dhabi Hunting & Equestrian Club - tel +971-2-447545.
- Al Dhabian Equestrian Club and Equine Rescue Center - email firstname.lastname@example.org, desert rides, beach rides, lessons, livery, polocross (polo cross, polocrosse).
- German Equestrian for Horse and Rider, Khalifa City A (location map), tel
+971-2-5562024, website www.germanequest.com.
- Ghantoot Racing and Polo Club - tel +971-2-5629055.
Ajman horse riding
- Ajman Equestrian Club, near city centre Ajman, lessons in horse riding, show jumping and dressage. Desert horse riding trips also. Tel +971-6-7433123, email email@example.com website www.geocities.com/ajman_eq_club/ (no longer available).
Al Ain horse riding
- Al Ain Hotel Intercontinental - stables, and horses available for lessons and rides.
- Al Ain Stables - tel +971-2-6789000? Owner
Sheikh Hamed bin Khadem bin Butti Al Hamed, Website www.binbuttigroup.com/alainstables/. No public riding facilities?
Dubai horse riding
- Al Ahli Horse Riding Club - location Ghusais near Al Mulla Plaza off Amman St? Behind Al Ahli Sports Club, a football club in Dubai (tel +971-4-2988700)? Founded 1998, tel +971-4-2988408, opening times 0900-2100. Lessons AED 150 for 45 mins in arena, no desert hacking, riding times 0530-0730 and 1700-2100. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Website is not www.alahliclub.info - belongs to Jane Ellen Equestrian Suppliers in UAE?
- Arabian Ranches Riding School / Equestrian Club - see Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club
- Club Joumana, Jebel Ali Hotel, Jebel Ali, Dubai - lessons and desert rides (AED 200 for 1 hour), tel +971-4-8836000 or +971-4-8048058, website www.jebelalihotel.com.
- Desert Palm Estate Dubai - accommodation and polo club resort, location Al Awir Rd, Al Warsan, near Dragonmart, 4 championship polo fields, riding school, stables, rare birds. Area 150 acres with 300 horses, tel +971-4-3238888, website
www.desertpalm.ae (forwards to desertpalm.peraquum.com).
- Dubai Equestrian Centre (Nadd Al Sheba Riding Club? Emirates Riding School? Emirates Riding Centre?), location near Nad Al Sheba camel race track - floodlit arena, dressage, and riding school. Tel +971-4-3361394. Or telephone +971-4-8845101?
- Dubai Polo & Equestrian Club (Arabian Ranches Equestrian Centre), location Arabian Ranches - tel +971-4-3618111, email email@example.com, website www.poloclubdubai.com. Facilities and activities include desert hacking, dressage, horse truck transport, riding academy, show jumping, stable tours (with or without breakfast) (not on Fridays?), opening times 0600-2200, desert hacking 0600-0800 and 1700-1900(?) AED 300.
- Emirates Desert Equestrian Club
- Emirates Equestrian Centre (Emirates Riding Centre?) (EEC) - location Dubai Endurance City near Bab Al Shams, about 45 mins drive from Dubai (see location map), established 1983, area about 80 acres (?). Is an approved British Horse Society riding and training centre. Events include dressage, show jumping, and cross country. Facilities for horses include air-conditioned stables with over 150 horses, 6 outdoor arenas (2 with Martin Collins Poly Track), 2 covered arenas, cross-country course with 21 fences, 2 lunging rings, 2 walkers, desert trail riding. Human facilities include Al Faris Restaurant overlooking the cross country field, changing rooms, and showers. Lesson times 0700-1100 and 1600-1900, email firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.emiratesequestriancentre.com. No riding or lessons on Fridays.
- Hobby Stables (or Equestrian Club) - unknown, location Al Khawaneej? Tel +971-4-2891908 according to Al Badia Magazine but location given as RAK. No further information supplied or found.
- Jebel Ali Equestrian Club (JAEC), Jebel Ali Village - established 1991, branch of the British Pony Club (?). Activities and services available include horse riding lessons from 0700-1000 and 1700-2000 (closed Fridays) (group and private), gymkhanas, dressage, hacking, jumping, livery, leasing. Facilities include
international size arena, flood lights, spectator stands, Tack Shop, spray cooling fans for horses (airconditioned stables and club house planned?). Tel +971-4-8845101, +971-4-8845566 or +971-4-8844585? Email
email@example.com, website www.jaec-me.com. Closed Fridays.
- Jebel Ali Resort & Spa - airconditioned stables open 0700-1200 and 1600-1900. Horse riding in summer from 0600-0800 and 1800-2000. No horses on Mondays (horses day off). Tel +971-4-8145555, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meydan Horse Academy in Meydan City - launching or opening in 2012?
- Mushrif Equestrian and Polo Club (MEC), opened in 2001? Location Mushriff Park off Al Khawaneej Road (see location map) - website www.horseridingdubai.com, forwards to mushrifequestrianclub.wordpress.com, also from www.mushrifec.com. Full moon horse rides by night for AED 300 per person, livery services, riding lessons, horses for sale. Tel +971-4-2571256, email email@example.com. Opening hours September to May 0500-1000 and 1500-2200.
- 22 May 2012 - MEC appears to be offering more than just the fun rides it was restricted to by the Dubai Municipality a couple of months earlier (and is open during the summer months) - perhaps as the result of media reports and an online petition launched to "Save Our Stables". MEC offers a 90 minute desert ride or full-moon ride (once per month, start at 8pm) for AED 300, introductory package of private beginner lessons AED 450 for 4 x 30 minutes, special summer packages of 8-16 rides in a month for AED 1400-2400, group and private lessons.
- 05 April 2012 (Gulf News Xpress): Dubai Municipality (DM) has imposed restrictions on riding services available at MEC. According to the report, DM only allows "fun rides" or something (where horse riders can go in circles at the end of a short rope held by someone). Lessons, and longer outback hikes are no longer allowed for the 720 students and 1,800 riders that were using MEC facilities. It appears to be unknown what motivated the DM to make this decision - the report said "Attempts by XPRESS to get a comment from Dubai Municipality met with no response." An unfortunate reminder of how suddenly authorities in Dubai can make a decision that leaves residents bemused, to say the least. And a real shame - the horse riding facilities at Mushrif Park are a great place for anyone interested in that sort of thing in Dubai.
- Plantation Equestrian and Polo Club, Dubailand - planned, facilities to include stables for up to 800 horses, clubhouses, show-jumping, dressage, cross-country, endurance, polo areas. Total area of about 15 million square feet. Project on hold as of 2009?
- Polo Club near International City - see Desert Palm Dubai.
- Zabeel Stables - no public riding facilities? Tel +971-4-3366321.
Horse riding in Fujairah
Horse riding in Ras Al Khaimah (RAK)
- RAK Equestrian Club? Or Hobby Stables?
Horse riding in Sharjah
- Al Kuhaylah Stables (Al Kahalya/Kahayla?)
- Sharjah Equestrian & Racing Club (Sharjah Equestrian Centre) (SERC, SEC), location Al Dhaid Rd about 17km from Sharjah city, facilities include floodlit sand arena, floodlit paddock, grass show jumping arena, and hacking trails. Tel +971-6-5311155, website www.forsanuae.org.ae.
Horse riding in Umm Al Quwain (UAQ)
- Umm Al Quwain Marine Club and Riding Centre (Um Al Qaiwain) - near Palm Beach Resort, lessons for beginners and advanced riders, jumping, dressage. Equestrian facilities no longer available, renamed as Umm Al Quwain Marina Club only? Tel +971-6-7666644, email firstname.lastname@example.org, website www.uaqmarineclub.com.
- Al Salam City - horse riding and stables included in plans. If it ever gets built (nothing happening as of 2010).
Horse racing tracks in UAE
- Jebel Ali racecourse
- Nad Al Sheba - closed, replaced by Meydan
Equestrian events in the UAE
- Dubai International Arabian Horse Championship - annual event in conjunction with the DIHF? Website www.diahc.ae.
- Dubai International Horse Fair (DIHF) - held in March (annual event, started 2008?) at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, website www.dihf.ae
- Dubai World Cup - annual horse race with $10 million prize money for the richest race (in 2010).
- Equestrian Triathlon - at EEC, Dubai, includes dressage, show jumping and cross country riding
- FEI World Dressage Challenge (WDC) - at EEC
- Sharjah International Arabian Horse Festival (SIAHF) - at the Sharjah Equestrian Center. Held in March each year? First one in 2000?
- The President of the UAE Cup Series
- UAE National Dressage Championships
- UAE National Show Jumping Competition
Horse and Equestrian magazines in the UAE (sort of)
- Al Medmar Magazine, Dubai, website www.almedmar.com
- Al Adiyat Magazine, Dubai
- Al Badia Magazine, Dubai, website www.albadiamagazine.com
- Al Khayal Magazine, Dubai, website www.alkhayalmagazine.com (might be spam)?
- Al Sahraa Magazine, Lebanon?
- Equestrio Arabia, Dubai
- Horse Times Magazine, Egypt, website www.horsetimesegypt.com
- Horseandhorseman, Pakistan, www.horseandhorseman.com
- Horseweb, Germany, website www.horseweb.de
- RaceWeek magazine (Race Week), Dubai
Last update Thursday 16-Aug-2012. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.