| Where is Dubai? | Public holidays | Dress code |
DSF 2009 events and raffles
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Dubai Shopping Festival events, raffles, shows
Dubai Shopping Festival DSF 2009 list of events, activities, shows, concerts, and raffles with dates, times, location, cost (if known). Based on information from DSF which may be subject to change. Confirm dates of one-off events independently before buying tickets. All times and dates may be subject to change - check the DSF website (hopefully it will be kept up to date), and Dubai newspapers which will usually have a daily list of events and times. The Dubai Shopping Festival 2009 starts on 15 January 2009 and finishes 15 February 2009 according to most information, but one press release from DSF said the DSF starts 10 January 2009 (assumed to be a typo).
DSF highlights and events
- Al Seef Street / Al Seef Road, 15 January - 15 February 2009 from 5pm-10pm, apart from the Night Souk, will host the Fun Fair, Skill Games Zone, Floating Restaurants, and cultural shows on a specially built stage. Al Seef St is the road that runs behind the embassies in Bur Dubai and down along Dubai Creek to Bastakiya.
- Biggest Biryani Bowl, 06 February 2009 from 4pm, Global Village Dubailand, a record attempt with a 2.5 ton bowl of biryani. Bon Appétit!
- Carpet Oasis, 15 January - 07 February 2009 from 10am to 10pm (except Fridays - start 3pm), West Hall, Airport Expo Dubai. A display of carpets, rugs, and handicrafts from around the world, including Afghanistan, India, Iran, Pakistan, Turkemenistan.
- Creations, 23 January - 30 January 2008 at 6:30pm and 8pm, BurJuman Center, a platform for UAE and regional fashion designers to display their work. Labels include Lida O'Reilly (Mauritius), Aiisha Couture (Lebanon), Larisa Katz (Netherlands), Oka Diputra (Indonesia), Mich Dulce (Philippines), Carloss Tufression (Brazil), Elena Gracia (UK), and Samora Couture (US).
- DSF Desert Camp by Watani, 15 January - 15 February 2009, Al Warqa'a 4, operating 24/7, rent a tent and play in the sand. Activities include camel rides, quad bikes, horse riding, barbecue facilities, food court with local cuisine, traditional souk, kids zone, entertainment shows.
- Dubai Fashion 2009, 09-11 February 2009, starts 8:30pm, Arena Ballroom, Madinat Jumeirah. International fashion presented by Saks Fifth Avenue, Etoile, Harvey Nichols
- Dubai Food Festival - 01 February to 14 February 2009 from 5pm - 11pm daily, Uptown Mirdiff (main venue) and Al Seef Street (floating restaurants). Celebrity chefs, live cooking counters, and culinary workshops. Extra promotions include "Sampling Sundays" and "Buffet Tuesdays". The Emirates Culinary Guild will attempt to make the world's largest dessert buffet on the last day of DSF 2009, with 2009 desserts.
- Dubai Mall, 15 January - 15 February 2009, Defense Roundabout, Sheikh Zayed Road, various activities.
- Dubai Records - 14 February 2009 at 6pm, Uptown Mirdiff, new to DSF for 2009. Dubai Records will highlight world records created in Dubai. No point in being modest now is there?
- FIFA trophy Dubai - at Dubai Mall for Visa card holders to look at. Fireworks by Al Zarooni, weekends from 15 January to 15 February 2009, starts 8:30pm at Dubai Festival City, and 9pm at Al Seef Street
- Forest Circus Themed Show, 29 January to 06 February 2009 (not 03 February), The Dubai Mall. A Chinese acrobat and circus show set in a forest theme. Did someone say Cirque de Soreir?
- Global Village, 15 January - 21 February 2009 from 4pm to 12am Sun-Wed and 4pm-1am Thu-Sat, location is Dubailand, Emirates Road.
- House of Talents - 31 January to 09 February 2009, 5pm-10pm daily, Eye of Horus, Wafi Shopping Center. House of Talents is for gifted women to showcase their skills in handicrafts, architecture, fashion design, sculpting, information technology, drawing, interior design, music, jewellery designing, photography, perfume making, poetry and writing.
- JBR "The Walk Festivities", 15 January - 15 February 2009 from 4pm-10pm, Jumeirah Beach Residence, new for DSF 2009. The Walk will have street paintings, recycled art displays, metal art, stand-up comedy shows, sand sculptures, photography displays, kiosks selling trinkets.
- Jumeirah Road Drive-Through, 15 January - 15 February 2009 from 5pm-10pm, Jumeirah Beach Road, cafes and restaurants and street performers.
- Night Souk / Night Souq DSF 2009, 15 January - 15 February 2009 from 6pm-2am Sunday to Wednesday, and 6pm-3am Thursday-Saturday. Shopping, entertainment, food court, raffle draws, special offers.
DSF 2009 Dubai Carnivals
- Al Seef Street, dates 15-17 January and 12-15 February 2009
- Global Village, dates 05-07 February 2009
- Jumeirah Road, dates 22-24 January 2009
- Jumeirah Beach Residence, dates 19-31 January 2009
Dubai Carnivals all start at 8pm and feature 300 performers parading through the streets with fancy costumes and music reflecting various cultures and traditions. DSF didn't say if they'd wash your windscreens.
DSF Concerts, Music Festivals, Theatre Performances
- Boombastic Beats – Shaggy Live in Concert, 12 February 2009 at 8:30pm, Dubai Festival City, more noise
- Fatboy Slim Live in Dubai, 11 February 2009 from 6pm-11:30pm, Barasti Bar at The Le Meridian Mina Seyahi Beach Resort, a noisy DJ
- Freej production - not in the list of DSF festivities but runs about the same time as DSF, a theatre show about Arab history and culture.
- Ghulam Ali, 06 February 2009 at 9pm, Crystal Ballroom at the Hyatt Regency, a Ghazal singer from Pakistan.
- Iron Maiden Dubai - Live in Concert, 13 February 2009 at 9pm, Dubai Media City Amphitheatre, massive noise - bring ear plugs
- Kavi Sammelan and Mushaira - Indian Republic Day, 29 January 2009 at 9pm, Sheikh Rashid Auditorium, The Indian High School, Hindu and Urdu poetry
- Pankaj Udhas, 15 February 2009 at 9pm, Crystal Ballroom at the Hyatt Regency, a Ghazal singer from India
- Tamer Hosny, 16 January 2009 at 9pm, Dubai Festival City, Arab singer
- The Woman in Black DSF, 28 January to 06 February 2009 (not every day), evening shows 8pm, matinee shows 2pm, The Madinat Theatre, Madinat Souk Jumeirah, a London West End spooky play.
- Zakir Hussain, 30 January 2009 at 7pm, Dubai Tennis Stadium at the Dubai Aviation Club, Indian music
- ENOC – Eppco Raffle, 15 February 2009, prize is an AED 3 million apartment in Jumeirah Village
- Lexus Mega Raffle, 9pm 15 January - 15 February 2009, Al Seef Street, win a Lexus RX 350, Lexus ES 350, or 100,000 currency units of your choice (just like last year's daft DSF 100k raffle). Raffle tickets AED 200 each from some Eppco and Enoc petrol stations, and kiosks in shopping centers and shopping areas of Dubai.
- Mashreq Millionaire Raffle, 10 February 10 2009, AED 4 million in prize money
- Nissan Grand Raffle, 9pm 15 January - 15 February 2009, Al Seef Street, daily prize is one of a Nissan Patrol, Armada, Murano, Pathfinder, XTerra, Qashqai, XTrail, or Navara, except for the last day of DSF 2009 when 12 cars will be handed out including an Altima and Tiida. Raffle tickets from the same places as the Lexus draw.
DSF Shopping Centers
- Deira City Center "Shop Like a Movie Star" - spend AED 300+ to win shopping vouchers, AED 100,000 per week. Free CityExpress shuttle bus to bring reluctant shoppers in the neighbourhood to the mall.
- Dubai Festival City - Key sponsor of DSF 2009
- Jumeirah Town Center - spend AED 200+ to enter a prize draw
- Mercato shopping mall "DSF Carnivale" in Jumeirah will have a Venetian carnival theme with an attempt had having an Italian street festival atmosphere with the main stage hosting theatre and other shows. Spend AED 200+ and enter a prize draw.
Last update Wednesday 11-Sep-2013
- Dubai Shopping Festival - general information
- Dubai Shopping Festival 2009 - forum topic. Add your comments, corrections, questions
- Shopping malls Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai - and a few budget hotels in Dubai
- Tourist guide to Dubai - a few things to do
Related websites (new window)
- [Disabled] Submit URL.