Al Ain Landmarks
Al Ain landmarks
Al Ain landmarks, historical buildings and sites, other notable locations and attractions.
Historical buildings and sites
Al Jahili Fort
- Al Jahili Fort is a large fort in Al Ain, and one of the largest forts in the UAE.
- Built from 1891-1898 under instruction from Sheikh Zayed Bin Khalifa (Zayed The First).
- Opened 03 December 2008 as a cultural center after restoration by the Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage (ADACH) from 2007-2008.
- Contains a visitor information center, display of photographs by Wilfred Thesiger, an exhibition gallery, a cafe, and souvenir shop.
- Opening times are Sun-Fri from 0830-1330 and 1630-1830 (summer) or 1530-1730 (winter). Closed Saturdays. Entry AED 1 for adults, free for children.
- Outdoor concerts are occasionally held in the large courtyard.
- Al Jahili Fort is featured on the UAE 50 dirham note.
Al Ain landmarks to be added, updated
- Al Ain Water Park?
- Al Ain Wildlife Park and Zoo?
- Al Qattara Fort, Arts Center, Souk
- Central Al Ain area - UNESCO World Heritage Site application
- Hili Fun City?
- Jebel Hafeet
- Jebel Hafeet picnic area at base
- Oasis area
Last update Thursday 21-Nov-2013. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.