Manarat Al Saadiyat - Saadiyat Island Visitor Center
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Manarat Al Saadiyat
Manarat Al Saadiyat is the Saadiyat Island Visitor Center and Exhibition Center with art galleries, models, audiovisual displays, and information about the Saadiyat Island project. The building is located in the Cultural District of the island and is well worth a visit.
- Manarat is Arabic for "lighthouse" and Saadiyat is Arabic for "happiness"
- The center is signposted of the new Shahama-Abu Dhabi highway that runs through Yas Island and Saadiyat Island to the Khalifa Bridge.
- The visitor center official opening date for the public was around 23 March 2010.
- Manarat Al Saadiyat building area is 15,400 square meters (165,000 sq feet).
- The building also contains a central events area, sales centre for Saadiyat Island developments, and a 250-seat theatre.
- Developer of the Manarat Al Saadiyat center is the Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC).
Manarat Al Saadiyat opening hours and contact details
- The center is open 1000-2000 (10am to 8pm), seven days.
- Entry is free for adults and children
The Saadiyat Story
- The Saadiyat Story is the main exhibition showcasing the culture and history behind the Saadiyat Island development, along with models of posh beach resorts and golf courses, and future plans.
- There are nine chapters to The Saadiyat Story.
- Exhibition area 1,874 sq meters.
- Scheduled opening was November 2009 but delayed until March 2010?
Manarat Al Saadiyat Art Galleries
- Arts Abu Dhabi Gallery - 1,946 sq meter area for exhibitions and educational programs. Opened in November 2009.
- Guggenheim Abu Dhabi Gallery - contemporary art gallery, area 1,817 sq m, showcase for the future Guggenheim Museum Abu Dhabi, scheduled opening April 2010 (delayed until later in 2010)
- Louvre Abu Dhabi Gallery - area 1,300 sq m, showcase for the Louvre Abu Dhabi museum, scheduled opening April 2010 (bu delayed)
- Universal Art Gallery?
Manarat Al Saadiyat Exhibitions
- Disorientation II - art exhibition that opened in November 2009.
- Saadiyat Art Cars Expo - from October to November 2009 on the grounds of Manarat Al Saadiyat, open daily from 1000-2000, showcasing a variety of Classic Cars from Europe and America with 'pop art' makeovers by UAE and international artists. Also a selection of vintage cars showing the motoring development of Abu Dhabi from 1950-1980.
Manarat Al Saadiyat facilities
- More Cafe opening mid to late 2010?
- Central Events Gallery - general central events space, area 660 sq meters
Last update Monday 19-Jul-2010. Page development 4L 5C.
- www.artsabudhabi.ae - Art and Culture in Abu Dhabi
- [Disabled] Submit URL.