Al Ain Landmarks
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Al Ain landmarks
Al Ain landmarks, historical buildings and sites, other notable locations and attractions.
Historical buildings and sites
Al Jahili Fort
- Al Jahili Fort is a large fort in Al Ain, and one of the largest forts in the UAE.
- Built from 1891-1898 under instruction from Sheikh Zayed Bin Khalifa (Zayed The First).
- Opened 03 December 2008 as a cultural center after restoration by the Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage (ADACH) from 2007-2008.
- Contains a visitor information center, display of photographs by Wilfred Thesiger, an exhibition gallery, a cafe, and souvenir shop.
- Opening times are Sun-Fri from 0830-1330 and 1630-1830 (summer) or 1530-1730 (winter). Closed Saturdays. Entry AED 1 for adults, free for children.
- Outdoor concerts are occasionally held in the large courtyard.
- Al Jahili Fort is featured on the UAE 50 dirham note.
Al Ain landmarks to be added, updated
- Al Ain Water Park?
- Al Ain Wildlife Park and Zoo?
- Al Qattara Fort, Arts Center, Souk
- Central Al Ain area - UNESCO World Heritage Site application
- Hili Fun City?
- Jebel Hafeet
- Jebel Hafeet picnic area at base
- Oasis area
Last update Thursday 21-Nov-2013. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.