Second hand used car parts Dubai Sharjah
A theoretically easy, but in reality sometimes difficult, mission in the UAE is to find a second hand or used car part for your car in Dubai. First of all, there's actually little point in looking in Dubai - jump in your car (if it's still working) and drive to Sharjah to find used car parts. But keep in mind the following.
- Time spent searching for car parts could be time spent on more productive or enjoyable activities so even though the new car part from a dealer is much more expensive, more might be less in the end in this case.
- Check the new price before starting your search, unless you have a pretty good idea of what it is. If or when you do eventually find the correct used part, you might find the price charged is higher than the new price.
- If you look and/or sound like someone unfamiliar with second hand car parts in the UAE, or cars in general, you will probably be charged an outrageously high price. This group usually includes westerners, those looking or sounding like westerners, and women.
- Buying new car parts from non-dealer sources is risky as there is a large market for fake goods in the UAE. Whilst in the case of a DVD the worst that can usually happen is that it won't work properly, with car parts the consequences might be more serious for example if you install fake brake pads or tyres that fail as soon as you use them in an emergency. The average layman cannot tell the difference between the fake and the genuine products. Keep in mind also that when a sales person or sign says something is "Genuine", there's a good chance they mean it's a genuine copy of the original.
If we still haven't put you off your search, then try the following. First of all, don't bother with the Yellow Pages or internet searches for companies to phone. You're better off going in person and looking in the general area where car accessories and parts shops are located in Sharjah.
- Sharjah Industrial Area 3 and Maliha Road for Japanese cars, and maybe German cars. Lots of motors, engines, and other mechanical bits lined up on greasy floors - don't wear your high-heels for a shopping expedition there.
- Sharjah Industrial Area 4 for American and any other brand cars. Pickings are pretty slim anyway.
- Locations that have wrecked but mostly complete looking cars are unlikely to sell you just a part. You'll have to buy the whole machine (at a price that will make you wonder if there's a few kilos of gold hidden in the bashed up chassis somewhere).
- The parts shops will have obviously dismantled cars and rows of engines and other bits.
Used car parts dealers in Sharjah
- Houston Car Parts off Maliha Rd (on 9th street in Industrial Area / Sania 2 - one of the biggest, if not the biggest. If they don't have what you're looking for, seriously consider giving up. They're expensive though - try and find what you want at another dealer first.
- Near Houston Car Parts are several other car wreckers. Much smaller but if you can be bothered putting in the legwork, they might have what you want.
Remember that most dealers will be closed from about 1300-1600, and Friday mornings.
Last update Thursday 06-Jan-2011. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
Related websites (new window)