Umm Suqeim 3
Umm Suqeim 3 community district
Umm Suqeim 3 (Third, Three) is a community area in the city of Dubai, part of the district of Jumeirah. Significant landmarks in US 3 include the Burj Al Arab Hotel, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Umm Suqeim or Sunset Beach, Wild Wadi Water Park, and part of Madinat Jumeirah. The suburb is mostly villas and town houses for wealthier residents of Dubai.
- [Update] Umm Suqeim Road.
Geography and access
[Add Umm Suqeim 3 location map here]
[J1] Jumeira Rd, Beach Rd, and Jumeirah Beach Rd all refer to the same road.
- Umm Suqeim 3 borders the communities of Al Sufouh 1, Umm Suqeim 2, and Umm Al Sheif. The NW side of US3 faces the ocean.
- Al Thanya Road (Al Thanaya, Al Thanayah, Al Thanyah) runs between US2 and US3. Provides access to and from Sheikh Zayed Rd (SZR) (Dubai-Abu Dhabi highway exit 42) but only in Abu Dhabi and Jebel Ali direction onto SZR, and only from Sharjah direction if exiting SZR.
- Jumeira Road (Jumeirah Beach Rd) runs through US3 near the coast.
- Al Wasl Road runs between Umm Suqeim 2 and Umm Al Sheif.
- Umm Suqeim Road runs between Al Sufouh 1 and US3, provides access to Sheikh Zayed Rd (exit 39), Mall of the Emirates, Al Barsha areas.
- Burj Al Arab Hotel
- Jumeirah Beach Hotel
- Umm Suqeim public beach (Sunset Beach). Very busy on Fridays and busy on Saturdays.
- Wild Wadi Waterpark
- Madinat Jumeirah - entrance at the end of Umm Suqeim Rd so west half lies in Al Sufouh 1 and east half lies in Umm Suqeim 3.
- Umm Suqeim Beach Park lies in Umm Suqeim 2 district just on the other side of Al Thanya Rd.
Property and real estate in Umm Suqeim 3
- Houses and villas - rentals available, ownership only for UAE and GCC nationals.
- [Check] Apartments - only one apartment block, on 21st Street, near the Emirates Hospitality Academy. Rental only.
- No expat or foreign ownership permitted of land or property.
Shopping, restaurants and cafes
- Aswaaq shopping center - small mall with supermarket, beauty saloon, French Bakery cafe, a few other services. On Al Yazzi St between the large mosque and Kings School.
- Eat and Drink restaurant - shawarmas and other good value cheap food (Chinese, Indian, Arabic). Corner of Al Yazzi St and 17C St.
- [Closed] Pizza House - Street 17C. Tel +971-4-3944789.
- Mash Bagher Kebab restaurant - Persian kebabs and other Iranian food. Corner Al Yazzi St and 17C St. Tel +971-4-3884076.
Medical clinics and facilities in Umm Suqeim 3
- Argana Beauty Salon and Spa - on Al Yazzi St near corner with Street 17C.
- Koster Clinic - on Al Yazzi St near corner with Street 17C.
Dentists in Umm Suqeim 3
Beauty salons and spas in Umm Suqeim 3
Education, schools and nurseries in Umm Suqeim 3
Nurseries in Umm Suqeim 3 - list with locations and map.
- Emirates Academy Institute of Hospitality Management, tertiary vocational institute for hotel related studies.
- Kings School Dubai (Jumeirah campus), secondary British school, expensive but a top class school.
- Raffles International School (previously Raffles School South campus) - international private school, expensive.
- Raffles World Academy (was Raffles School West campus) - international private school, expensive.
Services and other places in Umm Suqeim 3
- Accommodation complex for Jumeirah Group employees (Burj Al Arab, Jumeirah Beach Hotel).
- [?] Consulate of Thailand in Dubai (EM, GM).
- [Update] Mosques - large one next to Aswaaq supermarket, several others.
Street and road renaming and renumbering in Umm Suqeim 3
[Not finished, update in progress ...]
|Odd numbers, NE to SW direction|
|New name||Old number||Notes|
|Al Mejadmi St||1B||Also streets 15C, 32A|
|3A||Beach side of Jumeirah Rd|
|5A||Beach side of Jumeirah Rd|
|Unamed road between 28A and 30A|
|Unamed path between 32A and Al Wasl Rd|
|Al Marcup St||7, 7th|
|9, 9th||Beach side of Jumeirah Rd|
|11A||Beach side of Jumeirah Rd|
|Al Fils St||11C|
|Traig St||11D||Small road between 30A and 32A|
|Al Mail St||13, 13th|
|Unnamed road between 28A and 30A|
|Al Mejadmi St||15C||Extends to Al Wasl Rd (not obvious on some maps)|
|17, 17th||Access to Jumeira Beach Rd|
|17A||Access to Jumeira Beach Rd|
|The Kings Road1||17C||No new name1|
|(Al?) Wisadeh St||19 B, C, or D||Old number unknown or nonexistent|
|Al Kait St||21, 21st|
|(Al?) Wisadeh St||21 A, B, C, or D||Road loops back to Al Yazzi St|
|Al Bawoura St||23, 25, or 272||Old number unknown or nonexistent2|
|Thanks for visiting||Dubai||Tell your friends|
|Even numbers, NW to SE direction|
|New name||Old number||Notes|
|2C3||Umm Suqeim Beach road (Sunset Beach)3|
|4A||Beach side of Jumeirah Rd|
|6A||Beach side of Jumeirah Rd|
|6B||Beach side of Jumeirah Rd|
|10A||Access to Al Thanya Rd|
|Unnamed road near 18A, between 3B and 5B|
|20, 20th||Raffles International School (South campus)|
|Unnamed road between 21 and 27|
|22, 22nd||Raffles World Academy (Raffles School West campus)|
|Unnamed road between 21 and 27|
|Al Yazzi St||26||Not Al Yassi St. Access to Al Thanya Rd|
|Al Fanna St||28A|
|Al Feteela||30A||Not Al Fateela St|
|Al Mejadmi||32A||Also streets 1B and 15C|
|Al Bawoura||Old number unknown or nonexistent2|
- No new name (at least, no one told us, and we couldn't find a road sign). Road goes to Kings School Dubai so we thought that would be an appropriate name for the time being.
- New road, runs diagonally from Street 17C (no new name) to Al Yazzi St (26th St) between streets 23B and 27.
- Public beach, unofficially called Sunset Beach by surfers. Where all the tour buses take tourists and visitors for the beach photo with the Burj Al Arab hotel behind you. You too can join the crowds especially on a Friday afternoon - the busiest time. Go early morning for the best photos (5am in summer, 7am in winter), sun will be behind you and hotel.
- Parent category - Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim, Communities in Dubai.
- Child pages - Nurseries in Umm Suqeim 3.
- Related pages - Schools in Dubai, Burj Al Arab Hotel, Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Umm Suqeim or Sunset Beach (or beaches in Dubai), Wild Wadi Water Park, Madinat Jumeirah, public parks in Dubai.
Other headings and notes
- Aswaaq Umm Suqeim 3 - community shopping center with supermarket, ladies salon, cafe between Kings Dubai School and large mosque, on Al Yazzi St (was 26th St).
- French Bakery Umm Suqeim 3 - cafe and bakery in Aswaaq Center on Al Yassi St.
- [Check Aswaaq] Subway Umm Suqeim 3 - there isn't one? There's a Subway in Umm Suqeim 2 on Beach Rd opposite Starbucks. Is there one in Aswaaq Umm Suqeim? Nothing listed in Subway directory for US3. There's also one in Umm Al Sheif on the other side of Al Wasl Road from Umm Suqeim 3, in the ENOC petrol station, also not listed in Subway location directory online.
- Umm Suqeim 3 Park 1 - small park between Al Fanna St (28A) and Al Feteela St (30A), next to mosque. Has a basketball court and children's playground. Note that Umm Suqeim beach park is in Umm Suqeim 2 community area.
Last update Saturday 14-Mar-2015. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.