List of companies in Dubai
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
List of Dubai companies
List of companies in Dubai. Biggest and other large publicly and privately owned companies based in the emirate of Dubai. Also Dubai Government owned companies.
Obviously a list of all companies in Dubai is going to be a long one. This list is restricted to companies which are based in Dubai, and are significant in some way. Very large companies and conglomerates are included, companies listed on the stock exchange, companies with a household name. Restrictions are that the company head office is based in the emirate of Dubai, or was established in Dubai. Ownership restrictions are family conglomerates, Dubai Government, public shareholders, private investors, or a combination.
For example, Ford Motor Company is not included as it is a US based company, and the agency agreement is held by Al Tayer Motors, a subsidiary of the Al Tayer Group. So Al Tayer Group would be listed on this page, but Al Tayer Motors would not, as it could be regarded as an Al Tayer Group company rather than a Dubai company (and would be listed on the Al Tayer Group information page).
|Al Futtaim Group|
|Al Ghurair Group|
|Al Habtoor Group|
|Al Tayer Group|
|Du||Telecoms||Long name - EITC|
|Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB)||Bank||Public|
|Dubal - Dubai Aluminium|
|Ducab - Dubai Cable|
|Emirates Airline||Airline||Emirates Group|
|Emirates NBD (ENBD)||Bank||Public|
|Investment Corporation Dubai||Government|
|Majid Al Futtaim Group||See also Al Futtaim|
|Noor Islamic Bank||Bank|
|Largest 10 public companies2|
|Arabtec construction||Construction||Moved to Abu Dhabi?|
|Commercial Bank of Dubai||Bank|
|Dubai Financial Market (DFM)||Finance||stock market|
|Dubai Islamic Bank||Bank|
|Dubai Ports World (DP World)||Transport|
|Oman Insurance Company||Insurance||HQ in Dubai, UAE|
|Not a Dubai company|
|Dubai Inc.||Not a real company|
|Etisalat||Telecoms||Abu Dhabi company|
|Hilal Islamic Bank (Crescent)||Bank||Abu Dhabi bank?|
|Check before adding to list|
|Al Maya Group|
|Arabtec||Construction||Moved to Abu Dhabi?|
|Dubai Airports Company||Transport||Government|
|Dubai Investments (Company)|
|Emirates Islamic Bank|
|Sudhir Gopi Holdings||Closed?|
|Taleem < Madaares < Beacon|
|West Zone supermarkets|
|Inclusion to be decided|
|ADX listed companies||Abu Dhabi|
|DFM listed companies|
|DP World (Dubai Ports World)|
|Jobs in Dubai||Not in Dubai?|
|Nasdaq Dubai companies|
|TECOM Investments||$1.6 bn1,F||Subsidiary of DH|
|Abu Dhabi companies|
|Abu Dhabi Ports Company||ADPC|
- 2011 financial year.
- *Publicly listed only, largest by market cap (stock market share price x number of shares). See also list of largest companies in Dubai heading below.
- A. Arabian Business
- F. Forbes or Forbes Middle East
- Large (how large?)
- Household name
- Owner isn't another company?
Headings or tables
- Publicly listed companies - DFM and Nasdaq Dubai.
- Large private companies - local.
- Large private companies - international?
- Dubai government owned companies.
- Dubai family conglomerates.
- PJSC - public and private (... Joint Stock Company)?
Table column headings
- Public, private, government, branch, agency holder (eg Ford > Al Tayer).
- Number employees.
- Date established in Dubai.
- Market cap? Too variable?
- Annual turnover or revenue?
- Annual profit (or loss)?
- Head office location (map), tel.
- Website, email.
- CEO or president?
Top companies in Dubai
Top companies to work for in Dubai
Large companies. In this list based on reputation (vague comment translated as because of something we heard), not any officially sanctioned or methodical survey. Take the list with as much salt as you can stand. If you see any other list, check for how it was made, otherwise assume it was made up either because companies on the list paid someone to put them there, or someone just wanted to make something up (like us) and picked a few companies at random (like us). At least we're being honest about it though.
- Al Futtaim Group
- Dubai Government - for Emirati nationals. Generous benefits, salaries, and holidays actually mean it is difficult for the private sector to attract Emirati employees.
- Dubai Petroleum
- Emirates Airlines - despite what grumbly employees say, they are still better than many other employers in Dubai, but expect to work hard for your money, and there is little tolerance for error, especially for employees on planes.
- Majid Al Futtaim Group
05 Feb 2013 - Arabian Business has an annual list of best 15 companies to work for in the UAE, which includes a few that most people haven't heard of. Perhaps it's a novel way for companies to get a list of prospective employees to choose from. AB didn't say if companies paid them to be on the list, nor did they explain why they are the best companies to work for (except for an occasional comment). The 2013 list is (yes we know, if it's a trick to get employees to send CVs, we're helping them, but we agree with some of the companies):
- Microsoft, Marriott, FedEx, The One (furniture shop), DHL, Ericcson, Omnicon Media Group, Emirates Securities and Commodities Authority (ESCA or SCA), Bayt.com (don't confuse with Bayut which looks to us like a spam website), EMC2 (EMC2), Pepsico, Dulsco, Merck Serono, General Electric, Mondelez International.
Top companies by size - largest or biggest companies in Dubai
Criteria to use - market capitalization, number of employees, asset value?
Arabian Business - Dubai largest company list
Arabian Business regularly or occasionally publishes a list of largest publicly listed companies in Dubai based on market cap, which is the same as lists that can be obtained from DFM, Nasdaq Dubai (DIFX), and ADX (Dubai and Abu Dhabi) stock exchange information. However the AB report headline can be misleading. For example "Revealed: Dubai's 50 biggest companies" on 26 Aug 2012 criticisms include:
- There are barely 50 companies publicly listed on the DFM (about 55 at the time of the report), and a handful on the Nasdaq Dubai in the DIFC, so although technically, the headline is correct, many companies are relatively small with a market cap of less than AED 1 billion (US$270 million).
- Several companies included in the AB list are not Dubai based companies. Although listed on the DFM, they are cross-listings or secondary listings of companies based in other GCC countries - Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia.
- Some companies with primary listings on the DFM are based in the UAE but not in Dubai - for example Gulfa Mineral Water in Ajman, Air Arabia in Sharjah.
26 August 2012 list is:
- DP World (DPW), AED 31.5 bn. Dubai Ports World, listed on the Nasdaq Dubai.
- Emaar Properties (EMAAR), AED 21 bn.
- Emirates NBD Bank (EMIRATESNBD), AED 16.8 bn.
- Du telecom (DU), AED 16.3 bn. Full name is Emirates Integrated Telecommunications Company (EITC).
- Mashreq Bank (MASQ), AED 8.9 bn.
- Dubai Financial Market Company (DFM), AED 7.9 bn.
- Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB), AED 7.4 bn.
- Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD), AED 5.6 bn.
- Arabtec (ARTC), AED 4.5 bn.
- Oman Insurance Company (OIC), AED 3.3 bn. Despite the name, is in fact a Dubai based company.
- *Air Arabia (AIRARABIA), AED 3.1 bn. Based in Sharjah.
- Emirates Islamic Bank (EIB), AED 2.7 bn.
- Dubai Investments Company (DIC), AED 2.65 bn. Not the same as, or related to, Dubai International Capital (DIC).
- Aramex (ARMX), AED 2.4 bn.
- Deyaar Development Company (DEYAAR), AED 2.05 bn.
- Drake and Scull International (DSI), AED 1.96 bn.
- Amlak Finance (AMLAK), AED 1.53bn.
- Union Properties (UPP), AED 1.34bn.
- Tamweel Finance (TAMWEEL), AED 1.26 bn.
- Dubai Refreshments Company (DRC), AED 1.08 bn. PepsiCo company in Dubai.
- Al Sagr National Insurance Company (ASNIC), AED 1.05 billion.
- National Cement Company (NCC), AED 840m.
- National General Insurance Company (NGI), AED 814m.
- Depa Limited (DEPA), 806m. Listed on the Nasdaq Dubai.
- Ajman Bank (AJMANBANK), AED 798m.
- Shuaa Capital (SHUAA), AED 684m.
- Gulf General Investments Company (GGICO), AED 462m.
- Islamic Arab Insurance Company (IAIC, SALAMA), AED 460m.
- Emirates Investment Bank (EIBANK), AED 427m.
- Al Firdous Holding Company (ALFIRDOUS), AED 420m.
- Gulf Navigation (GULFNAV), AED 410m.
- *The Public Warehousing Company (PWC, WARE, AGILITY), AED 406m. Correct name Agility Logistics. Based in Kuwait.
- Arab Orient Insurance Company (ORIENT, AOIC), AED 398m.
- Alliance Insurance Company (ALLIANCE), AED 384m.
- National Central Cooling Company (TABREED), AED 304m.
- Arabian Scandinavian Insurance Company (ASCANA), AED 293m.
- Dubai National Insurance and Reinsurance (DNIR), AED 269.5m.
- Dubai Insurance Company (DIN), AED 260m.
- *National Industries Group Holding (NIND), AED 242. Based in Kuwait.
- Dubai Islamic Insurance (AMAN), AED 190m.
- *Gulf Finance House, AED 182m. Based in Bahrain.
- Emirates Refreshments Company (ERC), AED 181.5m. Was or also called Jeema Mineral Water (JEEMA)?
- United Food Companies, AED 140m.
- United Kaipara Dairies Company (UNIKAI), AED 100m.
- Takaful Al-Emarat Insurance (TAKAFUL-EM), AED 97.5m.
- National Real Estate Company, AED 93m.
- *Arab Insurance Group (ARIG), market cap AED 82.5 million. Based in Bahrain.
- *Gulfa Mineral Water (GULFA), market cap AED 71.75 million. Based in Ajman (Masfout).
- Takaful House Insurance (DARTAKAFUL), market cap AED 63.5 million.
- *Global Investment House (GLOBAL), market cap AED 59 million. Misleading, GIH based in Kuwait.
- Parent category - companies UAE, Dubai
- Child pages - company pages
- Related pages - companies other emirates, companies by sector, setting up a company or business in Dubai, free zones in Dubai, Dubai Economic Department.
Companies lists by sector (see also other headings)
- Banks in Dubai
- Education companies in Dubai
- Recruitment agencies in Dubai
- Travel agents in Dubai
Companies other emirates
- Abu Dhabi banks
- Boutik malls
- Best company to work for in Dubai
- Companies in Dubai hiring, company in Dubai for jobs.
- Companies in Dubai Free Zone
- Companies in Dubai Marina
- Companies in Dubai Internet City, Dubai Media City, Dubai Airport Free Zone (DAFZ), Dubai Outsource Zone, Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC)
- Construction, freezone, maintenance, shipping, oil, insurance, aluminium, Oman Insurance, contracting, company in Dubai.
- Dubai Airport Free Zone companies list.
- Dubai construction, free zone, oil, shipping, oil and gas, real estate, pharmaceutical, software, security, companies.
- Dubai Insurance, Petroleum, Contracting, Cable, Oil, Aluminium, Investment (DIC - Dubai Investments PJSC or Company), Refreshments, Airports, Construction, Company.
- List of companies Dubai Internet City, Dubai Investment Park, Dubai Airport Free Zone, Dubai Silicon Oasis, Dubai Free Zone, Dubai Outsource Zone.
- List of Dubai companies emails, in India, Wikipedia.
- List of pharmaceutical, multinational, freezone, oil and gas, trading, companies in Dubai.
- Shipping, insurance, construction, event management, real estate, FMCG, interior design, companies in Dubai. Also list of ...
- Top companies in Dubai, Dubai top companies.
- dubailand.gov.ae - officially approved list of brokers, developers in Dubai.
Last update Sunday 01-Mar-2015. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.