Dragon Mart mall in Dubai
Dragon Mart in Dubai (DragonMart mall)
Dragon Mart is a large shopping mall dedicated to selling Chinese-made products, located on the Dubai-Hatta Rd in the International City community area of Dubai, before the Warsan area heading in Oman direction. Location map, shops, travel by bus or metro, contact details, opening hours and timings.
This page under development.
- Almost anything you can think of is available at Dragon Mart, and enough things you can't think of that you can wander around aimlessly for several hours.
- Prices are at bargain level compared to similar products not made in China, and sometimes negotiable. About 5-15% discount is common depending on item and bargaining skills.
- Quality is what you'd expect, or should expect - you get what you pay for. Don't expect the same degree of reliability as for similar products made in Germany or Japan.
- Don't buy sophisticated electrical or electronic products if you want something reliable (mobile phones, smartphones, and computers for example).
- Be careful buying children's toys - safety standards and warning labels in China are not the same as in Western Europe or the USA. Removing bits and pieces out of your kid's ears, nose, and throat is not a fun thing to do, and the cost of a doctor or hospital visit will probably negate any savings you make on the toy purchase.
- Fake items similar to what you find in Deira or Karama are also available at Dragon Mart - iPhones and other smartphones for example. And usually with the same sort of problems (don't work, poor battery life, lock up, etc).
- Warranties or guarantees are inconsistent or not available, but if something is new and doesn't work, you might get a refund or replacement if you go back within a few days of purchase.
|Dragonmart opening times and hours|
|Shops||1000-2200||1000-2300||1400-2300||DM website incorrect1|
|Car park||24 hrs||24 hrs||24 hrs|
- Dragonmart website and signs on some or all entrances to Dragonmart say Sun-Wed 1000-2200 and Thu-Sat 1000-2400 (midnight). These are incorrect, table above is correct when last checked Jan 2014, except Fri, might be variable opening times from 1000 (10 am).
Dragon Mart location map and driving directions
- Access from the Dubai-Hatta highway heading in Oman direction. From E311 take International City, Warsan exit 52 and head towards Hatta Oman, not Dubai. From E611, exit on to E44 in Dubai direction and do a U-turn at exit 14.
- Dragonmart carpark entrance is next exit after the International City signposted exit from the E44 highway (Dubai-Hatta Rd). If you take the IC exit, you can still get to Dragonmart - turn left at the first roundabout and follow your nose. Exit back to Dubai is signposted but involves driving towards Hatta on main highway (E44) and doing a U-turn at first large interchange (roundabout) with Academic City Rd. You can try going through or around International City instead but traffic congestion makes that a tedious alternative and the distance isn't shorter anyway.
- See location map (new window).
Public transport to Dragonmart
- by Dubai Metro - not possible directly but bus route 53 stops at Deira City Center metro station, and bus X23 from Burjuman metro station both go to International City and Dragonmart. Bus X23 also stops at Oud Metha metro station?
- by Dubai Taxi - allow 40-60 dhs from Jumeirah, Bur Dubai, Downtown Dubai or Deira; allow 60-100 dhs from Tecom, Dubai Marina, Jebel Ali.
- RTA bus routes to Dragon Mart:
- X23 (express) - from Gold Souk Bus Station in Deira, Shindhaga Tunnel, Bank St, Burjuman metro station, Oud Metha Rd, Ras Al Khor industrial areas, International City and Dragonmart.
- 53 from Gold Souq Bus Station in Deira, Deira City Center, Dubai Festival City, Nad Al Hamar to International City and Dragonmart.
- 300 - International City internal bus route, stops at Dragonmart.
- 333 - Warsan 3 to International City, stops at Dragonmart. Update: route cancelled 01 Dec 2013.
*DragonMart2 - Dragon Mart expansion
- Parent category - International City (?), Nakheel, shopping malls in Dubai
- Child pages - large shops in Dragonmart (?)
- Related pages - Auchan, Emirates NBD, International City (?), RAK Bank
- Dragonmart, Dragon Mart, Dragonmart extension (expansion)
- Geant opening a hypermarket in Dragonmart? Replacing Auchan which closed end of 2010? Mentioned in 21 Mar 2012 press release, opening date not provided.
- *Parent company (check) is Nakheel Retail Shopping Malls, a subsidiary of Nakheel Retail, which is a division or subsidiary of Nakheel Properties, a Dubai Government owned company.
Last update Wednesday 05-Feb-2014. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
- www.chinamexmart.com - was the Dragonmart in Dubai website (inconsistent availability)? Now something for Chinamex, China City International? In Chinese. English version forwards to a USA website or one for an American company in China (Jan 2014)?
- www.dragonmart.ae - Dragon Mart official website.
- [Disabled] Submit URL.