Bus routes in Sharjah
List of bus routes in Sharjah
List of public bus routes and numbers covering areas in Sharjah emirate and city, with schedules, timetables, and fares. Routes start from and finish at Jubail bus station and Rolla Park Square.
- Sharjah Roads and Transport Authority is the Sharjah RTA (SRTA, not the same as the Dubai RTA), regulates and manages buses, taxis, and road infrastructure in Sharjah.
- Sharjah Public Transportation Corporation (SPTC), Sharjah Transport Services (STS), Sharjah Transport Corporation (STC), Sharjah Transport (ST), all refer to the government authority regulating public transport services in Sharjah (buses and taxis).
- KGL Public Transport Services (KGL PTS) was awarded the franchise to operate the Sharjah Public Bus Transport Network. Mowasalat is the brand name used for the bus operations.
- Sharjah buses are colored orange and white (unless covered with advertising).
- Bus timings generally 0600 first bus to 2100-2200 last bus daily (reaching endpoint at 2200-2300), but frequency on Fridays might be different (reduced or increased depending on route).
- Ramadan bus services operate as normal with respect to first and last buses, but frequencies might be adjusted.
- Ticket fares and costs: Standard fare AED 6.00 per journey, no variation for route or distance within Sharjah (cash payment on bus). Or use a Sayer Card to pay fare cost of AED 4.50, a 25% discount on regular fares.
- Route maps and timetable pdf downloads available at http://www.mowasalat.ae/routes.php.
- In table below, MS = Metro Station, BS = Bus Station, R/A = roundabout.
|Number||Start and end points||Frequency||Timing||Areas||Fare||Update||Notes|
|1||Rolla Sq, Sahara Center||20-30 min||Ind. Area 1,2,4,5, Al Nahda||AED 6.00||19 Jul 2017||Fridays every 60 min.|
|2||Port Khalid, Al Sharq||15 min||0530-2300||Cancelled?||Still on mowasalat.ae but not in route list.|
|3||Rolla Sq, Muweilah||25-30 min||AED 6.00||19 Jul 2017||Fridays every 15 min after 1130.|
|8||Rolla Sq, Sahara Mall||8-15 min||Similar to route 1||AED 6.00||19 Jul 2017|
|12||Rolla Sq, National Paints||90 min||0530-2300||Cancelled?||AED 5.00||Still on mowasalat.ae but not in route list.|
|14||Al Sharq, SHJ Airport||15-20 min||via Al Rolla Sq||AED 6.00||19 Jul 2017||End at Ajman border. Fri every 10m 1300-2100.|
|14X||Rolla Sq, Muweilah||15-20 min||AED 6.00||19 Jul 2017||Express. Fri every 10m 1300-2200.|
|15||Rolla Sq, SHJ Airport||30-45 min||University City||AED 6.00||19 Jul 2017|
|19||Al Ittihad, Ind. Area 15||90 min||0530-2300||Cancelled?||AED 5.00||Still on mowasalat.ae but not in route list.|
|77||Muweilah, Al Saja'a (Sajaa)||40 min||AED 6.00||19 Jul 2017||Fridays every 15-30 min.|
|88||Rolla Sq, Al Saja'a||10-20 min||AED 6.00||19 Jul 2017||Fridays every 6 min from 1500-2130.|
|99||Jubail, SHJ Airport||15-20 min||AED 6.00||19 Jul 2017||Fridays 30-45 min.|
|1E||Dubai, RAK||Via Jubail, Ajman, UAQ. Not STC bus.|
|111||SHJ Airport, Rashidiya MS||60 min||0530-2330||Al Ghusais, Sonapur||AED 5-10||05 Mar 20161||Started 2010. Cancelled in 2010?|
|112||Jubail, Ajman||18 min||0530-2315||To Al Musala bus station in Ajman||AED 5||05 Mar 20161|
|113||Jubail, Dubai Rashidiya MS|
|113||Rolla, Dubai Al Qusais||60 min||0600-2300||via Jubail BS, National Paints R/A||AED 5-10||05 Mar 20161||Route update to Rashidiya MS|
|114||Jubail, Hamriya Free Zone||Not really inter-emirate, doesn't stop in Ajman?|
|114||Rolla, Hamriya Free Zone||60 min||0500-2300||Stops in Ajman||AED 5||05 Mar 20161||Route update departs from Jubail BS?|
|115||Jubail, Ras Al Khaimah|
|115||Jubail, Al Nakheel RAK||60 min||0600-2300||Stops at UAQ Union R/A||AED 15-20||05 Mar 20161|
|116||Jubail, Khorfakkan||60 min||0500-2300||Al Dhaid, Masafi, Fujairah, Kalba, Al Sidji||AED 15-25||05 Mar 20161||Started Aug 2010. Sharjah to East Coast route.|
|117||Jubail, Abu Dhabi||30 min||0500-2300||Does not stop in Dubai||AED 25-40||05 Mar 20161||AUH Central Bus Station in Al Wahda area.|
|118||Jubail, Al Ain||45 min||0700-2245||Buraimi (?), Al Qattara R/A||AED 30||05 Mar 20161||Operator Al Ghazal.|
|119||Khor Fakkan, Dibba||45 min||0530-2300||Khorfakkan, Kalba, Dibba Al Hosn||AED 5-10||05 Mar 20161||East Coast only route.|
|120||Al Dhaid, Al Madaam||120 min||0500-2300||via Dhaid Al Hisn R/A, Al Maleha||AED 5-15||05 Mar 20161||Started Aug 2010. Central Region route.|
|308||Jubail, Jebel Ali Ind Area 8|
|313||Rolla BS, DXB Terminal 2||30 min||0530-2300||via Jubail BS, DAFZA (Al Quds St)||AED 10-15||24 Feb 2017||Fri 45m intervals, 0600-2315.|
|313||DXB T2, Rolla BS||30 min||0645-0015||24 Feb 2017||Fri 45m intervals, 0730-0045.|
|Sharjah Dubai bus routes||Operated by the RTA, not KGL or ST||05 Mar 20161|
|E301||Rashidiya MS||Cancelled from 01 Feb 2011.|
|E306||Al Ghubaiba||15 min||24 hrs||Replaced by E306N for 1100-0500?|
|E306N||Al Ghubaibah||45 min||1100-0500|
|E307||Deira Bus Station (?)|
|E308||Jebel Ali||Cancelled from 01 Feb 2011, see ST route 308.|
|E309||Al Quoz||Not in ST route list from 05 Mar 20161||Cancelled from 01 Feb 2011.|
|?||Karama Bus Station|
|?||Al Ghusais (Qusais)|
- Text in grey or italics is unconfirmed, or old confirmed information but might be out of date (price, route, or timing changes).
- Reference www.st.gov.ae/en/transport-intercity-routes.php but unavailable since Mar 2016, and not updated since Nov 2014? Copyright notice says 2012.
Sharjah City Sightseeing tour bus
- Hop-on-hop-off bus is not part of the Sharjah RTA public bus network.
- Ticket prices (adult, in 2017) AED 100 for 24 hrs, AED 150 for 48 hrs.
- These routes start and end at the Central Souq (Souk).
- Red Route (Leisure Tour) covers downtown Sharjah, Sharjah Corniche, Al Khan Lagoon, Al Majaz, Khalid Lagoon, Al Qasba, Sharjah Aquarium, Sahara Center Mall, Safeer Mall, and Sharjah City Center Mall.
- Green Route (Cultural Tour) covers the Heritage Area, Cultural Square, Sharjah Science Museum, Sharjah Archeology Museum, AL Mahatta Museum.
- Blue Route (Night Tour) similar to Red Route.
- Purple Route (Ajman Tour) links to Green Route and goes to ... erm ... Ajman.
Sayer transport cards
Sayer prepaid cards (similar to NOL cards in Dubai) can be purchased at Jubail Bus Station, and (as of Oct 2014) on buses from the driver.
- Sayer card kiosks at other bus stations?
- Sayer card cost is AED 5 + credit amount of AED 45, 90, or 180. Sayer card validity is 5 years.
- Recharge or top up of Sayer cards can be done at Jubail Bus Station or on a bus, ask the driver and pay the recharge amount.
- Registration of Sayer card can be done online at Mowasalat website. Takes 7-10 days (they say). You'll need to upload a copy of your Sayer card, and Emirates ID or passport. Note that the Mowasalat website is not secure (uses http not https) for uploads. Advantage of Sayer card registration is replacement and balance transfer if you lose it.
Rihlati trip planner
The Mowasalat website has a handy Rihlati trip planner for finding the best route to your destination, but it's a bit of a struggle to use.
- Dates are restricted to 2-4 days in the past. If you leave default setting at current date and time, you get an error.
- Finding correct place names is a bit hit and miss. For example searching for "Jubail bus station" gets you a "No items found" message. Try just using "Jubail".
- It seems like you can only use it for destinations or origin points in Sharjah emirate (the main part, not East Coast destinations).
- Jubail to Hamriya Free Zone is a simple enough journey (bus route 114 goes direct) but Rihlati recommends you catch a bus to Al Sharq, then walk 14 km through Ajman to Hamriya.
- We also tried Sharjah to Dubai, Al Ain, Abu Dhabi with no luck.
- There is an SMS option also, costs AED 1 per message.
Try it yourself here: pts.mowasalat.ae/tripplanner.aspx. Good luck and have a pleasant journey.
Night bus routes in Sharjah
- There are no night bus services within Sharjah emirate. Some inter-emirate or intercity bus services operate 24 hrs.
Sharjah Airport bus routes
See Sharjah Airport page.
Bus routes to and from airport are 14, 15, 88, 99 (as of Jul 2017).
How to connect between Sharjah International Airport (SHJ) and Dubai Airport (DXB), Al Maktoum Airport (DWC), Abu Dhabi Airport (AUH), Ras Al Khaimah Airport (RKT), or Fujairah Airport (FUJ)?
Air-conditioned bus shelters in Sharjah
- Haha, no. Bring an umbrella with inbuilt shower. You'll be lucky to find any sort of shelter. Most bus stops are just a pole with a sign listing the bus routes that stop there. But eventually all stops will or might have some shade ...
- 30 Oct 2012 Khaleej Times report said "Sharjah Transport has built 125 out of 540 new shaded bus stops in 12 areas across the city this year so far ..."
Bus Stations in Sharjah
Main bus terminals
- Al Jubail Bus Station. Not the same as Jubail Fish Market bus stop, although it's only a short walk between them. Mostly for inter-emirate and intercity buses, but some Sharjah routes stop there.
- Al Rolla Park Square Bus Terminal. Most but not all Sharjah bus routes start and end here.
Other bus stations and terminals
- Al Azra bus station - is a bus depot with staff accommodation and maintenance facilities, not a bus stop? Opened in Nov 2012.
- Al Sharq Bus Terminal (border with Ajman).
- Al Taawun Bus Station (new in 2015 or 2016?) (Al Tawun, Tawuun, Taawon), next to Al Taawun Shopping Mall. Reference ZAS Architects project page www.zasa.com/project/view/al-taawun-bus-terminal/.
- Muweilah Bus Terminal (Muwailah).
Planned bus stations and depots (Nov 2012 news release)
- Al Liyah, Al Rifaa, Al Sajaa (open when?), Al Taawun (open Apr 2016?), Industrial Area 5, Khorfakkan (East Coast), Muweilah (open when?), Wasit.
Bus depots in Sharjah
See above list of bus stations. New bus depot opened in Al Azra area Nov 2012?
Route and information updates
- 16 Sep 2015 (Emirates 24-7): Sharjah RTA added 10 new luxury coaches on the Sharjah Dubai route. The report said "In total, eight bus routes run between Sharjah and Dubai, while one route each connects to Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah, with the latter connecting to Al Dhaid and Khor Fakkan en route."
- 26 Oct 2014 (WAM): Sharjah RTA announced that Sayer cards could be purchased and reloaded on Sharjah buses, in addition to at Jubail bus station.
- Jun 2010: Sayer prepaid transport card launched.
Bus route details
- See table.
- Sharjah Transport website says (or said ... site is offline since 2016?) "Sharjah Public Transport Corporation operates passenger bus services nationwide, between Sharjah City, Ras Al Khaimah, Khor Fakkan, Kalba, Fujairah, Masafi, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Hamriyah Free Zone, Dhaid, Madam, Dibba Al Hisn, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain and Dubai."
Contact numbers for Sharjah bus related services are:
- Sharjah Transport 24 hr customer relations tel 700067000 or 700-067000? Seen in 2010-2013 news reports as a toll-free number for the STC "Customer Service Centre" to handly complaints and suggestions, but not confirmed if toll-free, 24 hrs, or still valid. Toll-free numbers in UAE start with 800.
- KGL tel 600-522282 (premium rate, not toll-free), or try landline +971-6-5046282 (but you'll probably be redirected).
- KGL fax: +971-6-5754260, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (don't expect a reply, is old information and site is down).
- Sharjah RTA tel 600-525252 (premium rate, not toll-free).
Last update Thursday 20-Jul-2017. Page development 4L 5C.
- Sharjah emirate - general information about Sharjah
- Sharjah International Airport
- Sharjah to Dubai bus routes
- Sharjah taxi services
- List of Dubai bus routes
- Inter-emirate bus routes
- www.mowasalat.ae - official Sharjah public bus operator website, with routes and timetables, but only within Sharjah city area, not routes to other emirates or East Coast destinations (checked Jul 2017).
- www.st.gov.ae - official Sharjah Transport website but offline since Mar 2016? Had details of Sharjah City routes, and intercity and inter-emirates routes (checked Jul 2017).
- www.stc.gov.ae - another Sharjah Transport website? Also unavailable (Jul 2017).
- www.srta.gov.ae - Sharjah RTA website but limited information, and nothing about bus services (Jul 2017).
- [Disabled] Submit URL.