Aldar Academies is a relatively new (established May 2007) schools operator in Abu Dhabi, a subsidiary of the profitable Aldar Properties company although Aldar Academies say they are a non-profit organisation. Aldar Academies have opened a new school in September 2007, 2008, and 2009, and might open another one in September 2010. The first three schools have catered mostly to those wanting a Western expat private education, and follow a British curriculum.
List of Aldar Academy schools in Abu Dhabi
Aldar Academies profile and contact details
|| John Curley
||PO Box 51133, Abu Dhabi, UAE
|| Al Dhafrah
||off Defense Rd (11th Street), near East Rd (4th St)
06 April 2011
- Table updated to include new Aldar schools planned, under development, and/or opening soon.
- The Al Bateen Secondary School (ABSS) website says "All ALDAR schools are non-profit making schools. Any surplus is re-invested in the school for the benefit of the students." Aldar shareholders might not be impressed although according to the Aldar financial report for the year ending 31 December 2010, their schools business sector wasn't profit making anyway. Aldar reported a loss of AED 13 million for 2010 but it wasn't clear why - segment revenue was AED 91 million, depreciation and amortisation was AED 16 million, and no other details were supplied.
31 March 2010
- Aldar annual report for 2009 said about Aldar Academies planned schools for the future: A wide range of new academies have been proposed but as yet not confirmed. These include schools in Al Ain, Al Raha Beach, Yas Island, Saadiyat Island, and Al Falah development.
30 August 2009
- Contact details updated, previously was tel +971-2-6964488 and fax +971-2-6417503, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
12 November 2007
06 September 2007
Aldar Academies LLC is a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi based Aldar Properties (ALDAR). The Managing Director of Aldar Academies, Mr John Curly, said in a press release from 05 September 2007: "ALDAR Academies LLC is run on a not-for-profit basis". As Aldar Properties is a publicly listed company (on the Abu Dhabi Securities Market), their shareholders may have something to say about that policy.
- www.aldaracademies.ae gives a network error.
- www.aldaracademies.com is an unrelated spam website.
- Aldar Academies information on Aldar website.
- Head of Educational Development is Jim Harvey.
Aldar Academies intend to open and operate 20 schools in Abu Dhabi by 2012. The first one is the British curriculum Pearl Primary School, open 10 September 2007. A second school, intended as a follow-on school for PPS students and also following the British curriculum, will open at Al Raha Gardens in September 2008.
Teaching jobs at Aldar Academies schools
- Teaching vacancies and positions are usually advertised in the Times Educational Supplement (TES) UK.
- There is also a general Aldar recruitment website at ebiz.aldar.com but might not have teaching jobs - check the TES instead.
- Send CVs and applications to email address email@example.com. Contact person is Mr Jim Harvey.
Aldar Academies management and personnel
Last update Thursday 07-Apr-2011