Al Ahmadiya School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Al Ahmadiya School
Al Ahmadia School is an old school building and education museum in the Al Ras area of Deira, Dubai, near Shindagha Tunnel, and is one of Duba's cultural and historic sites. Definitely worth a visit but you cannot enrol your children there any longer.
- Al Ahmadiya School was in active operation from 1912-1965.
- The Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM), a Dubai Government department, now oversees the school and its restoration.
- Tel +971-4-2260286, fFax +971-4-2257020, email email@example.com
Al Ahmadiyah School location and access
- Al Ahmadhia location is just off Al Khor Street, parallel to Dubai Creek.
- Al Ahmadiya School location map
- Nearby is the Dubai Heritage House, also worth a visit.
- Car parking is almost impossible unless it's a public holiday. Park on the other side of the creek (also difficult) and catch an abra. Al Seef Station is easiest to park at but furthest away. Or walk through the Shindagha pedestrian tunnel if it's not too hot.
18 August 2007
- Al Ahmadia / Al Ahmadiyah / Al Ahmadiya School is a historic landmark, not an active school. AlAhmadia School is historically important as it was the first school to be built in Dubai, in 1912 by Sheikh Ahmed bin Dalmouk.
- AlAhmadiyah School closed in 1965 and was reopened in March 2000 after a two year period of renovation conducted by the Historic Building Section of the Dubai Municipality at a cost of AED 5 million. It is now a museum of education, and can be visited - free entry, open 0800-1930 daily except Fri 1430-1930, shorter hours during Ramadan.
- Former students included Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum and Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum (in the 1950s).
- The school is near Heritage House, another historic landmark built in 1890 in Al Ahmadiyah St (sometimes written as AlAhmadiya or Al Ahmadiyya).
Last update Monday 28-Sep-2009
- Dubai schools list - mostly real schools (although some parents and students might beg to differ)
- Education in Dubai - about current education systems and curriculums
- Historical sights in Dubai - other historic places in Dubai for tourists to visit
- Tourism in Dubai - more stuff for tourists to do
- [Disabled] Submit URL.