Abu Dhabi Film Festival ADFF
The Abu Dhabi Film Festival (ADFF) is an annual event held in October with international, Arab, and Middle East films being shown and promoted. Name changed from Middle East International Film Festival for 2010.
- An explanation for the new name came from Huda Al Shamsi, Director of Marketing and Sponsorship for ADFF, who said in a press release 16 August 2010 that "We are proud of our new name, which came naturally out of a strengthened mission to nurture a rich film culture in the UAE , as well as regionally and internationally."
- ADFF organised by the Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage (ADACH).
Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2012 (6th edition)
- Dates for ADFF 2012 are 11-20 October 2012.
- Charles Dickens Great Expectations program of 10 films ('Dickens on Film') will be shown from 27 March to 02 April 2012 at Abu Dhabi Marina Mall, presented by the British Council in the UAE working with the Abu Dhabi Film Festival (ADFF).
2012 is the bicentenary of the birth of Charles Dickens.
- ADFF Executive Director is Peter Scarlet.
Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2011 (5th edition)
- Dates for ADFF 2011 are 13-22 October 2011.
- Competitions for narrative, documentary, and short films.
- Afaq Jadida (New Horizons) Competition for films by new international directors, focused on narrative films.
- Environmental film program, "What in the World Are We Doing to Our World?" renamed as "Our World." Award presented in partnership with Masdar.
- Special events to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the birth of Naguib Mahfouz, including films inspired by his work, publication of a book about his relationship with cinema, exhibition of film posters, and a roundtable discussion.
Abu Dhabi Film Festival 2010 (4th edition)
- 2010 is the first time the film festival operates under the name 'Abu Dhabi Film Festival' but it is called the 4th edition as the previous 3 festivals were under the name 'Middle East International Film Festival'
- Dates for ADFF 2010 are 14-23 October 2010.
- Executive Director is Peter Scarlet.
- Advertising campaign developed by JWT.
- Attending personalities include Uma Thurman and Adrien Brody.
- Sponsors and supporters include L'Oreal Paris as Official Make Up Artist.
Last update Monday 26-Mar-2012. Page development 1H 2T 3D 4L 5C.
Related websites (new window)