Friday 25 September 2020 (UAE)
Winchester School Dubai
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Winchester School Dubai
|School name||Winchester School Dubai|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian, UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||NC|
|Head of school||Ms Meenakshi Dahiya (Principal and CEO)|
|Executive body or owner||GEMS Education, Varkey Group|
|Date founded||September 2005|
|Number of students (approx)||1800|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||The Gardens, Jebel Ali - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 38058, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||www.thewinchesterschool.com (new window)|
|School fees structure||13,500-30,200 dhs per year (2018-2019)|
|Teacher salary range||2,000-10,000 dhs per month (2009-2010)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Winchester School Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Winchester School Dubai reviews - add yours here.
The Winchester School Jebel Ali (TWS) (GEMS Winchester School Jebel Ali) Discovery Gardens tuition fee structure, general information
- TWS-Jebel Ali is a sister school to the newer GEMS Winchester School Dubai in Oud Metha which opened in September 2012.
- GEMS Winchester, Westminster, and Wellington schools in the UAE are unrelated to each other (except for having a common owner). GEMS Winchester schools in the UAE (existing, planned, or proposed) include: The Winchester School in Abu Dhabi (open Sep 2013), The Winchester Schools in Dubai (Oud Metha and Jebel Ali - Discovery Gardens).
- TWS is not directly related to the Westminster School Al Ghusais (Dubai) or the Wellington School in Dubai, although all institutes are GEMS schools.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2018-2019d||13,500||13,500||16,900||16,900||16,900||16,900||16,900||18,100||18,100||18,100||21,400||24,200||24,200||30,200||30,200|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013||9,923||9,923||12,404||12,404||12,404||12,404||12,404||13,230||13,230||13,230||15,711||17,710||17,710||22,135||22,135|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2011-2012||9,104||9,104||11,380||11,380||11,380||11,380||11,380||12,138||12,138||12,138||14,414||16,248||16,248||20,307||20,307|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011||9,104||9,104||11,380||11,380||11,380||11,380||11,380||12,138||12,138||12,138||14,414||16,248||16,248||20,307||20,307|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010||9,104||9,104||11,380||11,380||11,380||11,380||11,380||12,138||12,138||12,138||14,414||16,248||16,248||20,307||20,307|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009||8,352||8,352||10,440||10,440||10,440||10,440||10,440||11,136||11,136||11,136||13,224||14,906||14,906||16,008|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||8,352||8,352||10,440||10,440||10,440||10,440||10,440||11,136||11,136||11,136||13,224||14,906||14,906|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2006-2007||7,200||7,200||9,000||9,000||9,000||9,000||9,000||9,600||9,600||9,600||11,400||12,850|
- 2012-2013 fee range AED 9,923-22,135. Annual bus transportation fees are AED 3,100-5,100 depending on area. Uniforms, books, stationery are not included in the tuition fees. Registration fee not supplied but is probably AED 500.
- Location is The Gardens near Ibn Battuta shopping mall, sometimes called The Jebel Ali Gardens, or The Gardens Jebel Ali. Not so far away from Discovery Gardens (across the road in fact) but is a different development.
Teaching jobs at TWS
- Search for vacancies at the GEMS education website at careers.gemseducation.com.
- 2016: Ms Meenakshi Dahiya (Principal and CEO). 2005-2016 at TWS as Head of Early Years > Head of Primary > Vice-Principal.
- 2011-2016? Ms Ranju Anand (Principal or Acting Principal), previously TWS Vice-Principal.
- <2011: Mr Raminder Singh Vig (Principal), became TWS Deputy Principal?
06 September 2012
- 2012-2013 fees increased 9%, higher than the 4.5% permitted by the KHDA for schools with a "good" rating. The larger increase was reportedly approved by the KHDA because the school had "invested in ITP infrastructure" (Emirates 24-7 06 September 2012).
- The school also wants to increase staff salaries, reportedly, according to the GEMS COO, William Wellesley. The Emirates 24-7 report quoted him as saying in a newsletter that "Staff salaries have been frozen for a while and we would like to award an increase to staff this academic year."
20 February 2011
- Principal's name updated to Ms Ranju Anand (was previously Vice Principal). Previous head was Mr Raminder Singh Vig (date of change not supplied) (Mr Vig is now Deputy Principal?). GEMS information has both as principal, and both as vice-principal depending on where you look, or Mrs Anand might be Acting Principal?
- January 2011 newsletter to parents has Ms Ranju Anand as Principal, and Ms Norma Lea as Acting Vice-Principal.
23 September 2008 review
- Tuition fees assumed to be for 2008-2009 (not confirmed), unchanged from 2007-2008. KHDA information is that TWS requested a 60% increase in tuition fees but was not eligible as they'd already had 16% increase for 2007-2008.
08 February 2007 review
- The Winchester School (TWS) will eventually offer classes from KG to Grade 12.
- 7 Days (a Dubai newspaper) on 10 January 2007 reported that a teacher was suspended from The Winchester School (link to forum topic) for tying up and gagging a grade 3 student. There was a good deal of controversy with a mixture of stories and letters from parents to the paper with one version apparently from the student in question claiming the class was just horsing around and the whole thing got blown all out of proportion. This came shortly after controversy over GEMS wanting to increase school fees up to 70% (in the end they backed down), although the two stories probably weren't related. More information in the forum topic.
Schools in the same area as Winchester School Dubai
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Delhi Private School Dubai||2003||K-12||Indian||8,686-12,159||DPSD reviews|
Last update 14 August 2020
General comments - might not apply to Winchester School Dubai
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.