Wellington Academy Dubai
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Wellington Academy Dubai
|School name||Wellington Academy Dubai|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||NC, GCSE, IB|
|Head of school||Michael Gernon (Principal and CEO)|
|Executive body or owner||GEMS Education, Varkey Group|
|Date founded||September 2011|
|Number of students (approx)||1,000|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Dubai Silicon Oasis - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 8607, Dubai, UAE|
|School fees structure||31,000-70,000 dhs per year (2013-2014)|
|Teacher salary range||7,000 - 18,400 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Wellington Academy Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Wellington Academy Dubai reviews - add yours here.
GEMS Wellington Academy Dubai Silicon Oasis (GWA, GWAD, GWADSO) tuition fee structure and general information
See also another GWA - the Wellington Academy Al Khail (opening date September 2013).
|Annual fees (AED) 2013-2014||31,000||38,500||38,500||38,500||38,500||38,500||38,500||38,500||62,000||62,000||62,000||64,000||64,000||70,000|
|Annual fees (AED) 2012-2013||31,000||38,500||38,500||38,500||38,500||38,500||38,500||38,500||62,000||62,000||62,000||64,000||64,000||70,000|
|Annual fees (AED) 2011-2012||31,000||38,500||38,500||38,500||38,500||38,500||38,500||38,500||62,000||62,000||62,000||64,000||64,000||70,000|
- 2013-2014 - registration fee AED 500 (non-refundable), admission fee AED 7,500 (non-refundable but deducted from term 1 fees), re-enrolment fee AED 2,500 (non-refundable). Bus transport (within Dubai) AED 4,600-8,100 per year (return trips), one way trips AED 3,250-5,700 if places available.
- Year 10 classes (Key Stage 4, GCSE) start September 2012, Year 12 classes (Lower Sixth Forum, IB Diploma and IB Certificate) start September 2013.
- Additional (or new?) email address is email@example.com (previously was firstname.lastname@example.org). Fax number not supplied (not confirmed).
- Postal address not supplied - PO Box 8607 Dubai is for several companies, including GEMS Education, Chicago Maintenance and Construction Company, and/or International Healthcare Management Systems.
- Location of school is in Dubai Silicon Oasis, GPS co-ordinates 25°7'4.03"N, 55°23'18.10"E (25.117399, 55.387639).
Teaching jobs at GEMS Wellington Academy DSO
- Prior to opening of new school, CV and job application letters should be sent to email@example.com. Details of salary package etc not supplied. Closing date 18 October 2010.
- See general GEMS school teaching jobs for more information.
30 July 2013
- GEMS is opening another Wellington Academy - off Al Khail Road. Opening date September 2013 for KG-Grade 6.
- New head of GWA Silicon Oasis is Michael Gernon (Principal and CEO). Previously was Martin Clark.
- GWA has been awarded IB World School status by the IB Organisation (IBO) as of June 2013, and is authorized to offer the IB Diploma program from June 2013.
12 October 2010
- Principal / Headteacher /CEO is no longer (or won't be) Martin Clark? The TES is advertising the position of Founding Principal for GEMS Wellington Academy.
- Opening date of school is September 2011 (delayed again), and they will now offer IB also according to advertisement - GEMS Wellington Academy - Dubai Silicon Oasis, ... Opening in September 2011 the school will offer the National Curriculum for England and the International Baccalaureate Diploma ...
20 August 2009
- GEMS WA website says opening date for the Wellington Academy in Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO) is September 2010 (when first announced it was expected to be September 2008).
- School will initially open for Foundation Stage to Year 8 students, expanding by one grade each year until it reaches Year 13.
09 May 2009
- Full name is GEMS Wellington Academy (GWA?), or GEMS Wellington Academy - Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO).
- GWA is the new GEMS school in DSO, expected to open in September 2009 (delayed from September 2008 opening). Was previously being called the GEMS DSO Smart School. Unknown if it will still be smart.
- GWA is, or was, also called GEMS Wellington International School? Which would have been confusing since there is already a Wellington International School in Dubai, also run by GEMS.
- Location will be handy for all the Emirates pilots living in the Silicon Oasis villa compound, and others living in the new Silicon Oasis apartment blocks.
- Classes initially from Foundation Stage (FS1) to Year 8 (ages 3-13 years), eventually up to Year 13 by 2014 if one grade per year added.
- Capacity for 2,200 students according to original GEMS press release in 2007.
- National Curriculum for England used, previous press release said IB Diploma at senior levels was being considered but an email from GEMS later on suggested that might not be the case any longer.
- Facilities will include athletics track, auditorium with seating for 550 people, basketball and volleyball courts, cyber cafe, Sixth Form study area with wireless internet, swimming pool, soccer field, specialist labs and rooms for art, music, and science.
- Website www.gemswis-dso.com still under construction.
- Contact details at new school location not available. Contact Kavita Jaichandani for GEMS WA information according to the GWA website, tel: +971-4-3477770,
- Principal's name on GWA website is Martin Clark, but Mr Clark is currently head of Jumeirah College, another GEMS school. Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org?
- No fees information available. Sign outside construction site said a "GEMS Premium School" so presumably fees will be premium level also. Maybe AED 40,000-60,000, rising to 80k-100k for senior levels when they get started (GEMS World Academy - Dubai, another GEMS VIP K-12 school has tuition fees of AED53k-92k for 2008-2009).
- Other schools nearby in Dubai Academic City include Dubai English Speaking College, the Dubai French School, and the Dubai German School.
Schools in the same area as Wellington Academy Dubai
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Horizon School Dubai||1992||primary||UK||26,220-35,210||HSD reviews|
|International Indian High School Dubai||April 2011||primary||Indian||8,300-14,000||IIHSD reviews|
Last update 05 August 2013
General comments - might not apply to Wellington Academy Dubai
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.