[Renamed] Uptown K12 School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Uptown K12 School in Dubai
|School name||Uptown K12 School|
|Type of institute||private K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality|
|Qualifications or Courses|
|Head of school|
|Executive body or owner||Taaleem|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Mirdiff - location map|
|Postal address||Dubai, UAE|
|School fees structure|
|Teacher salary range||see general comments|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Uptown K12 School admissions, reviews, notes
Start a new topic in the Dubai school reviews forum with comments about this school.
Uptown K12 School Mirdiff general information
- Uptown Primary School Dubai - relocated and became part of the Uptown School site from September 2013.
- Uptown High School (closed) - was in Muhaisnah 4. The new Uptown School expanding to secondary school level grades starting September 2013.
- Uptown International School, Uptown K12 School - same as the new Uptown School.
22 April 2012
- The new Taaleem K12 school in Mirdiff will be called Uptown School (see new page). Opening date will be September 2012.
- The primary school which was known as Uptown School will be (or has been) renamed as Uptown Primary School.
30 June 2011
- Taaleem is planning development of a new Uptown School in Mirdif for grades K-12 according to newsletters and other sources.
- Construction start date planned for later in 2011. Planned opening date and actual school name not supplied.
- The Uptown High School closed at end of 2010-2011 Academic Year, but the Uptown Primary School continues to operate.
- Gulf News reported on 30 June 2011 that "Disclosing plans for a combined campus for UPS and UH, Pierrepont said the Dubai Government had facilitated the acquisition of a premium school plot in Mirdif for the development of K12 Uptown. He said a letter to this effect had been sent out to parents on June 5" referring to comments from the Director of Communications at Taaleem, Clive Pierrepont.
- A report in The National on 17 June 2011 said "The education provider also announced it will build a new Uptown K-12 campus in Mirdif" referring to Taleem.
- A newsletter on 19 June 2011 from the Uptown School principal, Elizabeth Loadwick, said "You will have heard the news that we now have a new plot for 'Uptown 3' and the building of this new campus will commence after the summer. This was always the dream for Uptown School and I am pleased to see it finally come to fruition."
Last update 29 April 2012
- International schools in Dubai
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.