University of Southern Queensland Dubai
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
University of Southern Queensland Dubai
|University name||University of Southern Queensland Dubai|
|Director's name||Dr Rodney Gerber (Chief Academic Officer)|
|Executive body or owner||USQ Australia / International Academic Corporation|
|Date founded||September 2004|
|Number of students (approx)||300|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||private university|
|University location / area||Dubai Knowledge Village, Block 17 - location map|
|Postal address||Dubai, UAE|
|Telephone||closed Aug 2005|
|Qualifications||BBA, BIT, BMC, MBA, MIT|
|Lecturer salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
University of Southern Queensland Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Dubai universities forum
26 August 2005 - USQ Dubai closed
- USQD was closed down by Dubai Knowledge Village, according to a Gulf News report of a statement from DKV dated 25 August 2005 that said "Dubai Knowledge Village had received feedback from students … which developed into major complaints from both students and parents on the quality of education over the 2004-2005 academic year." and "DKV was compelled to de-licence the University of Southern Queensland's branch in Dubai. While taking this decision, DKV made sure that students could complete the current semester (ending September 22, 2005)."
- Someone (unnamed) from USQD was then reported in 7 Days with a different point of view, related to problems with their local partner (International Academic Corporation) and the licensing arrangement - "KV had initially suggested a local partner and after the University had invested substantially toward setting up an alternative arrangement KV just reversed its policy and said it would not provide a separate licence to the local partner. It was a complete turnaround,". A statement from USQD apparently said the new policy was "an unacceptable change in position by KV as it shifts all the financial risk of the campus to USQ."
- And so on, back and forth between UOQD and KV.
- USQD students were possibly able to continue their studies at other KV institutions - Heriot-Watt University Dubai, Middlesex University Dubai, and University of Wollongong Dubai (UOWD).
- Domain www.usqindubai.com no longer valid. Email probably invalid too.
30 September 2004
- There were reports in the Australian press about the opening of USQ Dubai being surrounded in controversy, with the Vice-Chancellor and President of USQ in Australia, Professor Bill Lovegrove, being surprised to find out about the opening of USQ in Dubai by reading a newspaper. As a result, 3 senior staff at USQ in Australia were suspended and the matter was to be referred to the Crime and Misconduct Commission in Queensland. Then the VC said go ahead with the Dubai branch anyway (a relief for the 100 or so students who had already enrolled), and officially launched the Dubai campus on 27 September 2004.
- USQ Dubai (USQD) Admissions Office tel +971-4-3901161, other telephone numbers +971-4-3901731, +971-4-3901732, +971-4-3901733.
USQ Dubai programs and courses
Three-year undergraduate Bachelor's degrees, full-time and part-time postgraduate Master's degrees, a University Preparation Program, and USQ Australia Distance Learning Programs.
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Mass Communication
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (International Business)
- Master of Information Technology
General comments - might not apply to University of Southern Queensland Dubai
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Dubai Knowledge Village - tertiary institutes and related services in Al Sofouh, Dubai.
- Teaching in Dubai and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for lecturers too)
- University Quality Assurance Board Dubai (UQAIB) - licences DKV organisations in Dubai
|Universities||Universities in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ | Universities in Dubai | Universities in Ras Al Khaimah | Universities in Sharjah | Universities in UAE|
|MBAs||MBA in Abu Dhabi | MBA in Dubai | MBA in UAE|
|Dubai education||KHDA | List of Dubai universities | List of Dubai colleges | List of Dubai schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.