University of Jazeera in Dubai
||University of Jazeera
||Dr Ahmed (President)
|Executive body or owner
||Board of Trustees
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
private university, Ministry of Higher Education license
|University location / area
||AlTwar / Al Twar / Al Tawaar 3 (no map)
||PO Box 36567, Dubai, UAE
||28,500-42,750 dhs per year (2008-2009)
|Lecturer salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
University of Jazeera admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Dubai universities forum
31 May 2009
- University of Jazeera (UOJ) or Jazeera University (not Al Jazeera University) offers courses in:
- Banking and Finance
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Information Systems and Technology (IT)
- Law and Economics
- Property Management
- Other programs under consideration in the areas of
Multimedia Design, Educational Technology, and Mass Communication.
- UOJ website has page heading "Institute of Special Needs". No further information available, unclear if that means courses for teachers interested in special needs students, or if special needs students are accepted at UOJ.
- UOJ website at both www.universityofjazeera.ae and www.uojazeera.com (looks like same content in both places).
- Total of 120 credit-hours required to complete a BBA or BSc, 135 credit hours for Bachelor in Law and Economics (LLB? BCom?).
- Tuition fees for 2008-2009 calculated on the basis of AED 950 per credit-hour (e.g. a course studied 3 hours per week costs AED 2850 for the semester). Most courses are 3 credit-hours each. Annual fees estimate based on 3-4 years study to complete a degree, although the usual course limit restriction is 18 credit hours per semester, or 36 per year, so most students will take at least 4 years to complete a bachelor's degree (in some circumstances, students may register for up to 21 credit hours in a semester).
- Additional fees for materials and lab use.
- Other fees include application fee 1200 dhs, orientation fee 600 dhs, student ID card 150 dhs, and various other fees for letters, lockers, lost ID cards, transcripts, etc. See UOJ student handbook for full details.
- University scholarships available to students with high grades at high school.
- Financial assistance might be available if students are unable to pay. Apply to the Student Affairs Office.
- Jazeera University facilities include bookshop, cafetaria, IT center, library, medical clinic.
- UOJ student organisations include student alumni association, student clubs and societies, student union.
- Student dormitory accommodation available.
- Transport possibly arranged within Dubai.
- Teachers / lecturers / instructors should have bachelor's degree and minimum 2 years of experience. Apply by sending letter / CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. See UOJ website for current openings.
- There is also a University of Jazeera in Medani, Sudan. Presumably unrelated, and more usually called Al Jazeera University or Gezira University.
- Alternative, or previous, contact details in some sources are telephone number +971-4-2830007, fax +971-4-2830009. Same contact details (and PO Box) also seen for Gulf Consultant Advocates & Legal Consultancy (email@example.com), and for
Dar Al Khalij Investment, both in Garhood, Dubai.
MOHESR approved courses (last checked 31 May 2009)
- Bachelor in Law and Economics
- Bachelor of Business Administration Banking and Finance
- Bachelor of Business Administration Human Resources Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration Property Management
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology
Last update 31 May 2009
General comments - might not apply to University of Jazeera
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.