University Hospital Sharjah
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
University Hospital Sharjah
|University name||University Hospital Sharjah|
|Director's name||Dr Hakam Yasseen (Medical Director), Nigel Weale (CEO)|
|Executive body or owner||Government of Sharjah, University of Sharjah|
|Date founded||July 2011|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||private university|
|University location / area||Sharjah University City - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 72772, Sharjah, UAE|
|Lecturer salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
University Hospital Sharjah admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Sharjah universities forum
University Hospital Sharjah (UHS) degree courses and programs
- See University of Sharjah programs. UHS is a teaching hospital for medical students and faculty at University of Sharjah so does not offer its own courses.
14 July 2011 - University Hospital Sharjah opening announced (press release)
- Opening of the Sharjah Teaching Hospital (STH), or Sharjah University Hospital (SUH) announced (delayed from end 2008). Development cost over AED 1 billion.
- University Hospital Sharjah location next to the Sharjah University City area.
- Facilities include Outpatient and Inpatient facilities, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Radiology and Imaging department, Operating Rooms, Intensive Care Unit, NeoNatal Intensive Care, Coronary Care, Endoscopy (including Gastrointestinal and Urology), Medicine (including Cardiology, Rheumatology, Diabetology, Endocrinology, Pulmonary sub specialties), Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics.
- Other facilities and services to be added include ENT, Orthopaedics, Ophthalmology.
- Capacity 210 beds (by end of 2011).
- Same website appears at www.sth.ae and www.uhs.ae.
14 January 2010
- Opening date of the Sharjah University Hospital announced as 29 May 2010 (press release).
30 November 2008
- Progress report (or press release) (date unknown) said development of Sharjah Teaching Hospital approved in 2006 by the Ruler of Sharjah, His Highness Sheikh Dr Sultan Bin Mohamed Al Qassimi.
- First patients expected to be admitted by end 2008.
Last update 18 July 2011
General comments - might not apply to University Hospital Sharjah
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Teaching in Sharjah and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for lecturers too)
|Universities||Abu Dhabi universities | Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ universities | Dubai universities | Ras Al Khaimah universities | Sharjah universities | UAE universities|
|MBAs||Abu Dhabi MBA | Dubai MBA | UAE MBA|
|Sharjah education||List of Sharjah universities | List of Sharjah colleges | List of Sharjah schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.