Universal Empire Institute of Technology in Dubai
||Universal Empire Institute of Technology
|Executive body or owner
||Sudhir Gopi Holdings
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
|College location / area
||3rd Floor, Block 11, Dubai International Academic City (DIAC) - location map
||PO Box 30948, Dubai, UAE
||MBA, MA, BA, BCom, BEd, Diplomas
|Instructor salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
Universal Empire Institute of Technology admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Dubai colleges forum
Universal Empire Institute of Technology Dubai (UEIT-Dubai, UEITD?) courses, programs, fees, and general information
- UEIT is not in the list of institutes accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education. Qualifications obtained through UEIT might not be recognised by some companies or organisations (especially government ones) when applying for jobs in the UAE.
- UEIT is (was) an authorised (?) training center for Indira Gandhi National University India (IGNOU) open university, offering programs in Commerce, Education, Humanities, Management, Science - degrees and courses include BA, BBA, BCA, BCom, BEd, BSc, MA, MBA, MCA, MCom.
- UEIT is an Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) accredited (?) training center for Chartered Accountancy (CA) exams.
- Fees information not supplied. Please send fee structure to email@example.com.
03 June 2012
- UEIT closed? Website not available. UEIT not found in supplied lists of DIAC institutions or KHDA institutions.
- Not clear if UEIT is (or was) one of the Sudhir Gopti Holdings (SG Group) institutes or not, all of which are apparently closed, at least the ones in the UAE, and the owner has reportedly done a runner and has an arrest warrant outstanding from the Dubai Police.
- Website was at www.ueitonline.com (not available when checked)? Domain www.ueit.com seen in some sources appears to be spam. Facebook pages for UEIT appear to be spam, or pages supporting spam websites.
- Other website domain URLs previously seen for UEIT are all spam now (www.universal-empire.com, www.ucmsonline.com, www.uems.com).
- Contact numbers were telephone +971-4-4389667, fax +971-4-3356755, location was 3rd Floor, Block 11, Dubai International Academic City (DIAC).
Date unknown but maybe 04 January 2012?
- A statement (dated 04 January 2012?) from IGNOU about their (disconnected) association with UEIT said:
- SUSPENSION OF ACTIVITIES WITH M/s Universal Empire Institute of Technology, Dubai TILL FURTHER ORDERS
- This is to inform to all concerned, that IGNOU has suspended all the activities with M/s Universal Empire Institute of Technology Group (including Royal College of Applied Science & Technology, Ras-Al-Khaimah), Dubai regarding providing of Student Support Services to IGNOU’s students with the approval of competent authority with effect from 19.10.2011 till further orders. It has also been learnt that the Centre is still approaching to students for Admission to various programmes of IGNOU with them. Any student / person / institution dealing with M/s Universal Empire Institute of Technology Group (including Royal College of Applied Science & Technology, Ras-Al-Khaimah), Dubai shall be doing the same at his / her cost and the University shall not be held responsible for the same.
02 January 2012
- A message from IGNOU (statement date unknown) said "University authorities have decided to attach / shift / transfer the affected students of UEIT, Dubai to some other Partner Institute in surrounding area so that their studies are not hampered. Such students are advised to contact any of the following Partner Institutes of the University and submit their re-registration / re-admission forms along with the requisite fee for the programme latest by 7.1.2012". The partner institutes listed were:
20 December 2011
- A statement from IGNOU about students studying at UEIT who completed IGNOU degrees said that students could collect their degrees from the Indian Consulate in Dubai ...
- IGNOU authorities have decided to release the Degree Certificates of the successful students who had enrolled with our Partner Institute – M/s Universal Empire Institute of Technology, Dubai. The degrees of such students have been dispatched to Consulate General of India, Dubai at the following address:
- Mr. Sanjay Verma, Esq.,
Consulate General of India, Dubai,
Al Hamriya, Diplomatic Enclave
- P.O. BOX 737, DUBAI,
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
- Tel: +3971222/3971333,
Tlx.: 46061 CGIND EM,
- You are advised to contact Consulate General of India, Dubai for collection of your degrees on surrender IGNOU Identity Card (in original) as well as the proof of remitting the Degree Registration Charges to the Centre.
- In case you have not remitted the said charges to the Centre, you are advised to remit the requisite fee of US$ 15 per degree through Demand Draft in favour of “IGNOU” payable at “New Delhi”. You may hand-over the said draft to the Consulate General of India, Dubai while receiving the degee certificate from there. However, no fee is to be paid for Certificate Programme
- You are advised to contact the above office of Consulate General of India, Dubai during working hours and latest by 31st January, 2012.
- The un-distributed degree certificates may be collected from the Headquarters of the University from 15th March, 2012 onwards.
- A statement from IGNOU said "The Grade Cards pertaining to Dubai (5503) Centre has been withheld as the PI has not remitted IGNOU's share of fees" referring to UEIT.
30 July 2010
- UEIT in three locations according to supplied information (but might be out of date):
- UEIT Dubai, UAE - tel +971-4-3355920, fax +971-4-3356755, email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- UEIT Cochin, India - tel +91-484-2368618 or +91-484-2368612, fax +91-484-2362777, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UEIT Trichur, India - tel +91-487-2388741 or +91-487-2388381, fax +91-487-2388742, email email@example.com.
- Websites at www.universal-empire.com, www.ucmsonline.com, www.uems.com?
- Website at www.ueitonline.com doesn't appear to have been updated since 2003?
23 May 2009
- Universal Empire Institute of Technology (UEIT) is related to UEIMS Dubai?
- UEIT is a partner of the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) in India.
- UEIT is "The Off-Campus Centre of Mahatma Ghandi University in Dubai" according to the UEIT website
- Contact details for UEIT at DIAC (from press advertisements). Dubai Knowledge Village contact details are telephone +971-4-3355920 / +971-4-3672121 / +971-4-3672122, fax +971-4-3356755 / +971-4-3678419, location first floor - building 8 - DKV.
- Additional telephone numbers (mobile) +971-50-4317647, +971-50-6758545, or +971-55-7551305.
- Additional email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Also seen written as Univresal Empire Institute of Technology Dubai (presumably a typo).
List of UEIT courses includes
- Post Graduate degrees: MBA, MCA, MTM (Tourism), MA (Lit)
- Post Graduate diplomas: HR, Marketing, Finance, Operations
- Graduate degree programs: B Com, BA, BCA, BTS (Tourism)
- Other courses: B Ed, BPP
Last update 08 July 2012
General comments - might not apply to Universal Empire Institute of Technology
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.