Universal Empire Institute of Medical Sciences in Ras Al Khaimah
||Universal Empire Institute of Medical Sciences
||Sudhir Gopi (Chairman and Managing Director)
|Executive body or owner
||Sudhir Gopi Holdings
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
|College location / area
||Knowledge Center, South Dhait, RAK - location map
||Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
||MBBS, BDS, MD
|Instructor salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
Universal Empire Institute of Medical Sciences admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Ras Al Khaimah colleges forum
Universal Empire Institute of Medical Sciences courses and programs, and tuition fees information
- To be updated.
- Other names include UEIMS School of Medicine and Dentistry, or UEIMS Medical Science University?
03 June 2012
- UEIMS is closed? UEIMS is one of several SG Holding organisations closed according to a Gulf News report.
- Website no longer available at domain www.ueims.com (is now spam, new URL not found or supplied).
- Contact details were tel +971-7-2359055, fax +971-7-2359059, website www.ueims.com, PO Box 500332 (not clear if it was in Dubai or RAK).
- There is still a
Universal Empire Institute of Medical Sciences listed in the UAE Yellow Pages, located in Dubai,
PO Box 500332, tel +971-4-4332773. But that's the same as information from a few years ago before UEIMS moved to RAK.
31 January 2011
- SG Holdings information says UEIMS is still in Dubai Knowledge Village (DKV). Qualifications offered include MBBS, MD, MDS, MS. UEIMS DKV is the off-campus center for the International University of the Health Sciences, St. Kitts, West Indies for the MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) program.
13 December 2010
- Emarat Al Youm, an Arabic newspaper, reported that the KHDA cancelled the commercial and academic licenses of MGU, along with two other institutes in Dubai - Mahatma Gandhi University, and the International Institute for Management and Technology. Emirates Business 24-7 reported that Mohammed Darwish of the KHDA said the authority had to cancel the licenses of these universities as their programmes did not match the quality of education followed by their mother university.
- An anonymous official of the institute was quoted as saying (referring to the MBBS program) "The programme is accredited, recognised and approved by the Charter of the government of St. Christopher & Nevis also listed in the World Health Organisation (WHO) World directory of medical school."
12 January 2010
- UEIMS moved from DIAC to the Ras Al Khaimah Academy Zone, part of the RAK Free Trade Zone in 2009? According to a report in The National 12 January 2010,
Dr Warren Fox, the chairman of the Dubai based UQAIB said "Early on it became apparent … that the programme wasn't fitting the validation model, the institution made the decision it would relocate." Perhaps referring to the UQAIB assessment criteria.
- Contact details updated. Previous contact details at DIAC were telephone +971-4-4332773, fax +971-4-4370305, location 3rd Floor, Block 12, Dubai International Academic City, PO Box 500332 Dubai.
- PO Box
500332 is still valid according to UEIMS website, but in RAK? Not confirmed.
- Additional phone numbers in RAK are
+971-7-2359033 and +971-7-235-9044.
- Additional email addresses are email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fees information not found.
23 May 2009
- UEIMS name changed to "UEIMS School of Medicine and Dentistry"?
- Unknown if related to the Universal Empire Institute of Technology Dubai (UEIT), also in Dubai Academic City (DAC).
- UEIMS new location Dubai International Academic City (DIAC). Contact details updated. Previous contact details at DKV telephone +971-4-3901980, fax +971-4-3664654, was located in Block 8, Dubai Knowledge Village.
- Additional email email@example.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org still valid?
- Additional DIAC tel number
- Pre-Medical Program and Pre-Clinical Training offered in addition to MBBS and BDS courses.
22 August 2006
- Universal Empire Institute of Medical Sciences (UEIMS) based at Dubai Knowledge Village (DKV).
- Clinical training at Bombay Hospital in India.
- No UAEIMS website?
Last update 09 July 2012
General comments - might not apply to Universal Empire Institute of Medical Sciences
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.