Saturday 11 July 2020 (UAE)
United International Private School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
United International Private School in Dubai
United International Private School information
||United International Private School
|Type of institute
||private profit-making K-10 school
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
|Qualifications or Courses
|Head of school
||Mary Jane Onato (Principal)
|Executive body or owner
||Colonel Mohammad Al Hersh and Dr Mohammed Al Neyadi
||01 Sep 1992
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|School area, location map
||Muhaisnah 4, Al Qusais - location map
||PO Box 60817, Dubai, UAE
|School fees structure
||4,300-11,000 dhs per year (2011-2012)
|Teacher salary range
||2,900 dhs per month (estimate only)
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile
United International Private School admissions, reviews, notes
United International Private School reviews - add yours here.
United International Private School (UIPS) Dubai tuition fee structure
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008
- Update 22 December 2011: A Gulf News report said A senior UIPS official has revealed, meanwhile, that no fee increases are planned for its 1,600 students in the upcoming school year. "We have not raised our fees since 2007," said Badria Ali, Assistant Managing Director of UIPS.
- Updated fee schedule not supplied by UIPS but the GN report said Kindergarten students at UIPS are charged around Dh6,000, while grade school charges start from Dh7,000. A fourth-year high school student pays around Dh11,000 annually.
10 September 2013
22 December 2011
- United International Private School in Dubai (UIPS) held its 20th anniversary, covered by a Gulf News report.
- The report also said the school was applying for accreditation - Jenny Gonzales, a senior school official, has said they have started the process of filing an application with the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities' Commission on Accreditation. "This is the first step towards accreditation,"
- History of UIPS (Gulf News 22 December 2011 and Gulf Today 16 December 2011):
- 2011 - current enrolment figure of 1,600 students.
- 2001 - moved to new buildings and campus in Al Ghusais
- 1999 - granted a permit by the Department of Education in Manila
- 1992 - Founded in a villa as a kindergarten in Al Garhoud area of Dubai with 125 students and 20 staff.
16 December 2011
09 September 2011
- Principal's name updated to Mary Jane Onato. Previously was Ms Lizabeth M Comia (who is still principal according to KHDA information)? Date of change not supplied.
- Website domains www.uips.ae and www.uips.sch.ae both forward to uipsd.serostudio.com.
- A report in the Gulf Today said that UIPS was one of two Filipino curriculum schools in the UAE to start implementing the "K+12 Educational Highway" (K12EH) educational reform from the Philippines Department of Education for the academic year 2011-2012.
- New building and sports facilities open in 2011?
05 January 2008
- United International Private School (UIPS) say they are the first and only Filipino school in Dubai (there are a couple of Filipino schools in Abu Dhabi and a couple in Sharjah).
- Students are almost all Filipino, as are teachers.
- Also called United International School - when it was in Satwa? School moved from Satwa to Al Qusais (Al Gusais) in 2001? Some sources still have telephone number as +971-4-3498281 which was Satwa number.
- Website www.uips.co.ae was for UIPS but returns DNS error now. Another email address is email@example.com.
- School made the news headlines in September 2005 when some Muslim parents withdrew their 6 year old children because the school had an out-of-date Islamic text book with incorrect information.
- UIPS was also warned by the Ministry of Education in August 2005 for following the Philippines curriculum when they were licensed for an American curriculum.
- DECS permit issued 22 February 1999. Founders and owners are
Col. Mohammad Al Hersh and Dr. Mohammed Al Neyadi?
Schools in the same area as United International Private School
Last update 27 December 2012
General comments - might not apply to United International Private School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
Related websites (new window)