UFE Academy Abu Dhabi
||UFE Academy Abu Dhabi
|Type of institute
||private K-12 school
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
|Qualifications or Courses
|Head of school
||Amna Al Shamsi (Principal)
|Executive body or owner
||Universal Future Education, UFE
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|School area, location map
||Baniyas, Bani Yas East, Mussafah - location map
||Abu Dhabi, UAE
|School fees structure
||3,000-6,400 dhs per year (2010-2011)
|Teacher salary range
||1,700 dhs per month (estimate only, not confirmed)
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
UFE Academy Abu Dhabi admissions, reviews, notes
Start a new topic in the Abu Dhabi school reviews forum with comments about this school
UFE Academy Abu Dhabi fee structure and general information
- UFE Private Academy renamed as the Middle East Private School Abu Dhabi (MEPS). Further updates will be added to that page.
- There is (or was) also a UFE American School proposed or planned. Information not supplied regarding whether the UFE School and Academy are the same or different institutes.
- 2010-2011 tuition fees AED 3,000-5,400 for students from closed villa schools, or up to AED 6,400 for new students (reported figures, not confirmed).
- 2010-2011 fees information not supplied. Please send fee structure to email@example.com.
- UFE Academy is co-ed from KG to G3, with boys and girls segregated from G4-G12, or segregated from KG-G9. Conflicting reports, also for student capacity figure, correct information not supplied or confirmed by UFE.
- KT report 17 Aug 2010 said The academy, which will follow the Ministry of Education curriculum, has a capacity to accept some 1,100 students from Kindergarten to Grade 12 with separate sections for boys and girls from Grade 4 and above.
- TN report 11 Aug 2010 quoted the new Principal, Amna al Shamsi, saying "We will open for students in [kindergarten] to grade nine, for boys and girls, but in separate classrooms, ... Every year after that, we will add a grade, until we have all 12 grades and around 1,200 students."
- Facilities at the newly refurbished school campus will include auditorium, library, sports hall and gym facilities, science and computer labs (chemistry, physics, IT), an air-conditioned walkway and covered play area for the primary school section, medical clinic with a registered nurse (KT report 17 Aug 2010).
- Location - Baniyas East, Mussafah.
13 September 2010 review - UFE school renamed, and opening date delayed
- UFE Private Academy has been renamed as the Middle East Private School (MEPS) according to a Khaleej Times report 12 September 2010.
- Opening date of the new school delayed to Sunday 19 September 2010.
13 August 2010 - UFE Academy
- UFE Academy (but not UFC Academy) is the new name for the Saad Bin Obaidah School in Baniyas according to a Khaleej Times (KT) report 12 August 2010. Or maybe UFE Private Academy? Or also the Universal Future Education Private Academy (UFEPA)?
- Telephone numbers (KT) for admission and registration - mobile +971-50-2333179 and +971-50-1244105. Or try UFE tel +971-2-6774300.
- Tuition fees reported as AED 3,000-5,400 for students moving from the closed villa schools (see, or up to AED 6,400 for new students.
- Additional fees charged for books, bus transport, uniform and books, but amounts not supplied.
- Kasey Conrad, consultant at Universal Future Education (UFE) said to the KT "We are doing the analysis of salary schedule and salary package for both schools and we hope to complete that by Sunday. We'll prepare our salary scale based on the teacher's experience and education,"
- Vice Principal is Khalil Al Saifi.
11 August 2010 - school manager appointed (press release)
ADEC announced the appointment of Universal Future Education (UFE) as the operators of the new school being established in the old Saad Bin Obaidah School (SBOS? SOS?) building. UFE will also be the operators of the new 6th August School (renamed as the Abu Dhabi Philippines School).
16 May 2010
- The Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) is looking for private school operators to run the new school on condition that fee levels remain similar to those of the closed schools.
- According to a 20 April 2010 report in The National, the school might only be a temporary reprieve until 2013 as it "will be required to move again to new buildings within three years."
- Curriculum expected to be English medium, or UAE Ministry of Education Arabic (unclear which).
- Contact ADEC for further information.
Last update 13 August 2010
General comments - might not apply to UFE Academy Abu Dhabi
- Many popular schools are full for 2014-2015. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.