UAE Academy in Abu Dhabi
||Dr Abdullah A. Abonamah (CEO)
|Executive body or owner
||Abu Dhabi Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ADCCI)
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
|College location / area
||Al Muntazah - location map
||PO Box 6844, Abu Dhabi, UAE
||www.uaeacademy.ae (new window)
|Instructor salary range
||12,000 dhs per month (estimate only)
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Instructor job satisfaction rating
(by instructors, not about instructors)
UAE Academy admissions, reviews, notes
Add a comment or review about UAE Academy
United Arab Emirates Academy (UAEA, UAE Academy) fees and information
Not to be confused with the Universal Academy school in Dubai or the UFE Academy school in Abu Dhabi.
- Fee structure not supplied but possibly no fees charged if it is a federal or government institute for Emirati students only.
- [Check] Location: Sheikh Zayed Street (Al Salam Street, Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Road, 8th St), Al Muntazah, Al Zahra district.
- [Check] Location (previous or additional): Corner 9th and 32nd streets, Al Bateen.
UAEA courses and programs
- Business English Communication - Marketing
- Business English Communication - Travel & Tourism
- English for Business Communications Certificate Program
- International English Qualification Program
- Accounting Practices for Business Certificate Program
- Administration and Management Certificate Program
- Business Administration Certificate Program
- Business for International Professional Certificate Program
- Business Support Skills Certificate Program
- Customer Care Certificate
- Diploma of Business (Management)
- Diploma of Business Administration
- Diploma of Business (Human Resource Management)
- Human Resources Certificate Program
- Professional Business Writing
- Sales and Marketing Certificate Program
- Information Technology Certificate Program
- Diploma of Information Technology (Network Engineering)
- Diploma of Information Technology (Software Development)
- ICDL Certificate
- Assessor and Verifier Awards
- Diploma in Public Relations
- Executive Secretarial Skills
- IBDAA Program - general preparation for working in an office environment, including work placement
- International Tourism Certificate Program
- Online Trading Program
- Real Estate Certificate Program
- TAJDEED Program - a preparation course for UAE national retirees between 35-50 who wish to re-enter the workforce
- Powerful Presentations
UAE Academy partnerships with universities, colleges, and other institutes worldwide
- American Institute of Real Estate, USA
- Certified Business Professional (CBP) Testing Center
- City & Guilds, UK
- ICDL GCC Foundation, UAE
- Institute of Leadership & Management, UK
- HDI Middle East and Africa
- Microsoft IT Academy
- Montana State University, USA
- PSB Academy, Singapore
- Online Trading Academy, USA
- Oracle Education Center
- TAFE Queensland, Australia
- University of Washington, USA - some certificate programs
28 February 2015
- Phone number updated to +971-2-6917777, previously +971-2-6668377.
- Email address updated to firstname.lastname@example.org, previously email@example.com.
- Head's name updated to Dr Abdullah A. Abonamah (CEO). Previously Dr Magdi A. Hafez (President and CEO), Mohammed Omar Abdullah (Chairman). Date of change not given.
21 May 2010
01 January 2008 review
- The UAE Academy is a vocational institute offering courses and training to
UAE Nationals in preparation for joining the workforce.
- The motivation for
setting up this institute was the Emiratisation policy of the UAE government.
- In addition to the main campus in Abu Dhabi, the UAE Academy also operates
in Al Ain, and the Western Regions (Madinat
Zayed, or Sheikh Zayed City) for some programs (Tajdeed).
UAE Academy jobs and careers
If you're looking for employment at UAE Academy, their website asks you to
send a covering letter and resume (CV) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Details
of salary, packages and working conditions are not available on their website, nor
are indications of what qualifications and experience are desired by the UAE Academy.
You can either view the
rudimentary application process and lack of information about working conditions
as a guide to how the rest of the institute operates, or see it as a
low priority task that their human resources department hasn't got around
to completing yet.
Comments seen and heard about teaching at the UAE Academy are not promising
though - possible delays in salary payments, difficulties supplying or finding
accommodation, management style may be seen as juvenile (for example staff have to sign
in and out at the start and end of their working days). In short, sounds
like many other ESL and tertiary institutes in the UAE.
Last update 28 February 2015
General comments - might not apply to UAE Academy
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.