The Philippine School Abu Dhabi
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
The Philippine School Abu Dhabi
|School name||The Philippine School Abu Dhabi|
|Type of institute||private K-10 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Philippines|
|Qualifications or Courses|
|Head of school||Letty Maniaul (Managing Director)|
|Executive body or owner||The Philippine School Dubai|
|Date founded||September 2014|
|Number of students (approx)||800|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Baniyas East, Mussafah - location map|
|Postal address||Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|School fees structure||AED 6,000-10,000 (needs update)|
|Teacher salary range||1,400 - 2,600 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
The Philippine School Abu Dhabi admissions, reviews, notes
The Philippine School Abu Dhabi reviews - add yours here.
List of Philippine schools in Abu Dhabi
Update: TPS-AUH website at www.tps-auh.com, email email@example.com, tel +971-2-5831044. Map updated with correct location.
- Philippine Emirates Private School [26 Mar 2016].
- Philippine Global School Abu Dhabi [31 Mar 2016].
- Philippine School Abu Dhabi (this page) [04 Apr 2016] 2015-2016: map, GPS saved, fees, email, head, notes, forum, details, search results, links.
- [Closed, renamed] 21st or Twenty-First Century Academy. Closed by ADEC, and reopened under new ownership as The Philippine Global School [03 Apr 2016].
- [Renamed] Philippine Academy of Abu Dhabi. Renamed as 21st Century Academy.
- [See Pioneer IPS] Philippine International Private School. Another name for the Pioneer International Private School.
- [Closed] The Philippine National School [02 Apr 2016], some or most students moved to The Philippine School AUH, and were given a discount on fees at the new school.
- [Closed] Pioneer International Private School. Closed in 2010, students moved to Philippine Academy Abu Dhabi.
- [Closed] Pisco Private School - closed, relocated, reopened as the Philippine Emirates Private School.
The Philippine School Abu Dhabi (TPS-AUH, TPSA, TPSAD) tuition fee structure, general information
Not to be confused with the Philippine Academy Abu Dhabi (now called Philippine Global School Abu Dhabi); or the Philippine Emirates School, also in Baniyas, opened September 2013.
TPS-Abu Dhabi is a branch of The Philippines School in Dubai. Contact them for more information.
|Annual fees (AED) 2015-2016d (new)||6,400||6,400||6,400||6,400||6,400||6,500||6,500||6,500||6,600||6,600||6,600||6,600|
|Annual fees (AED) 2015-2016d (villa)||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,000||3,100||3,100||3,100||3,100|
- 2016-2017 possible fee increase of 20% permitted by ADEC for ex-villa school students.
- 2015-2016 fee schedule not provided by school, figures unconfirmed, ex-villa school fees might increase up to 20%. Books cost AED 310-840, uniforms cost AED 170.
- 2014-2015 admission, registration, tuition fees information not provided. See TPS Dubai, might be similar fees.
- School does not respond to emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. ADEC email given as email@example.com but emails sent to ADEC school addresses are not answered either.
- Website update: www.tps-auh.com. TPS Dubai website has no information about Abu Dhabi branch. FB pages:
- [Unofficial] facebook.com/pages/The-Philippine-School-Baniyas-Abu-Dhabi/379886792197529 (FP 21 Feb 2016, not much information).
- [Unofficial] facebook.com/pages/The-Philippine-School-Abu-Dhabi/620449701408719 (FP 05 Nov 2014? Lots of photos, not much information).
- [Unknown] facebook.com/TPSAUH (incorrect information, only one post, FP 12 Oct 2015).
- facebook.com/pages/The-Philippine-School-East-Baniyas-Abu-Dhabi-United-Arab-Emirates/733557490023616 (FB spam).
- [Correct location] GPS coordinates 24.3022,54.6421 marked as The Philippine School, same as ADEC GPS reference. Next to Bani Yas School for Girls (Cycle 1). Building was previously used for Safanah Bint Hatem Al Taey School (Safana Bint Hateem Al Taei School)? Same road as Al Zallakhah School.
- [Check] Street 18, between Street 43 and Street 59, Sector Baniyas East 7.
- Many other maps provided give incorrect locations. Google Maps has several different markers (4 or 5 at last count in May 2016, from first two search results are incorrect):
- [Vague] Location: "Street 18, off Street 43 opposite Al Salama Hospital, Baniyas East" (source unknown)? Al Salama Hospital is in downtown Abu Dhabi, Tourist Club Area, not Bani Yas. Al Salama One Day Surgery Center is in Bani Yas, reference probably means turn off Street 43 to Street 18 opposite the Al Salama ODS, TPS-AUH is about 400m further along Street 18, opposite someone's villa.
- [Incorrect] GPS 24.3059,54.6357 (opposite Al Salama One Day Surgery Center). Is Atfal Al Ma'arifa KG (MOE Arabic kindergarten - ADEC GPS)?
- [Incorrect] GPS 24.3089,54.6369 marked as TPS but is an error. Also has a marker for Al Salama ODSC.
- [Incorrect] 24.2956,54.6332 - TPS-AUH, Baniyas East 8 on 7th St. School between 7th and 43rd St not in ADEC directory (GPS not found)?
- [Incorrect] 24.2991,54.6460 - TPS Baniyas, East 7, is an MOE school (Al Zallakha School, Al Zallaqa School, ADEC GPS).
Teaching jobs and careers at TPS Abu Dhabi
- Check TPS Dubai website. Click Home > Blog > Careers category (LH menu) for postings with current vacancies and requirements. Minimum experience 2 or 4 years depending on which advertisement you read.
- Send resume (CV) and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (or both).
- Salary scale not provided. Benefits include tax-free salary, return air ticket every 2 years (not annual), medical insurance, free transport (on school bus?).
- 2016-2018: Mr Jonathan H. Esguerra (Principal). Went back to TPS Dubai as principal (was previously at TPS as vice-principal).
- Letty Maniaul (Managing Director of TPS Dubai)
30 May 2016
- New website at www.tps-auh.com (registered 20 Aug 2014), email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +971-2-5831044, fax +971-2-5831045. Website updated end April 2016? Location map, fee schedule not provided.
31 March 2016 review
- Contact information updated. TPS Abu Dhabi is now listed in ADEC directory, but fax number given is incorrect, +971-2-6415761 was for Pisco School, and is now invalid.
- Tel number given in some directories as 042844465 is incorrect but it's for TPS Dubai so they'll probably give you the Abu Dhabi number which is 025831044.
- FB page at facebook.com/TPSAUH (FP 12 Oct 2015, only one post), has correct tel number but gives PO Box 51133 Abu Dhabi which is for Aldar Properties? Incorrect location map shows school in Sheikh Khalifa Medical City.
- Managing Director of both TPS and TPGS in Abu Dhabi is Ms Leticia Maniaul (Letty Maniaul)? Principal of TPS-Abu Dhabi is Mr Jonathan Esguerra.
06 January 2015 review
- TPS-AUH not listed in ADEC school directory which would indicate it is not licensed by ADEC, however, reports in August and September 2014 claimed that TPSAD did receive a licence from ADEC at the end of July or beginning of August 2014, and that ADEC informed parents by text message that the new school would be open September 2014. Which might just mean ADEC has not updated their school school directory yet.
- No website provided or found. TPS Dubai website has no information about Abu Dhabi branch. Facebook page not found except spam.
03 September 2014 review
- Head's name reported as Letty Maniaul (Managing Director) but not clear if reports were referring to her as head of TPS-Dubai (Leticia Maniaul) or if she is also head of TPS-Abu Dhabi.
22 August 2014 review
- TPS-Abu Dhabi is a branch of TPS Dubai. Also called Philippine Community School of Abu Dhabi?
- Fees approximately AED 3,000. Discount of 50% for ex-students of the closed Philippines National School in Abu Dhabi (one of the villa schools closed by ADEC)? Detailed fee schedule not provided. Owner's name, head's name, contact details, postal address, website, email address not supplied.
- [Check] School location is in an old unused public government school building in Bani Yas City, provided by ADEC. Maybe Saffanah Bint Hatem Al Taaey Girls School (Al Taei School)?
Schools in the same area as The Philippine School Abu Dhabi
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Abu Dhabi Indian School Al Wathba||September 2014||Indian||8,650-19,450||ADISAW reviews|
|Abu Mousa Al Ashaari Private School||1985||primary||Arabic, UAE||7,000-8,000|
|Al Muzdalifa School||primary||UAE|
|Al Wathba Private School||primary||Arabic, UAE||4,500-8,000||AWPS reviews|
|Baraem Al Ain Private School Baniyas||1985||K-12||Arabic, UAE||5,000-12,000|
|Emirates Private School Baniyas||1999||K-10||Arabic||3,580-6,450||EPSB reviews|
|Saad Bin Obaidah School||K-12||Arabic, UAE|
Last update 01 April 2016
General comments - might not apply to The Philippine School Abu Dhabi
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- Philippine schools in Abu Dhabi
- Study in Abu Dhabi - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Abu Dhabi - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Abu Dhabi - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Abu Dhabi education||Nurseries in Abu Dhabi | Schools in Abu Dhabi | New schools in Abu Dhabi 2019-2020 | Special needs in Abu Dhabi | Colleges in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Abu Dhabi | ADEC | ADEZ|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.