The Oasis School Dubai
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
The Oasis School Dubai
|School name||The Oasis School Dubai|
|Type of institute||private K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||EYFS, NC, Cambridge, Edexcel|
|Head of school||John Leo O'Brien (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||Dubai Education LLC|
|Date founded||October 2012|
|Number of students (approx)||100|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Al Safa 1, Jumeirah - location map|
|Postal address||Dubai, UAE|
|School fees structure||35,244-65,874 dhs per year (2015-2016)|
|Teacher salary range||7,900 - 17,300 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
The Oasis School Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
The Oasis School Dubai reviews - add yours here.
Oasis Learning Therapy Centre (from July 2016 or later)
Oasis School is closing as a mainstream school, and reopening in September 2016 as a Special Needs Development and Learning Center [13 Mar 2016 news, announcement by school dated 23 Feb 2016].
- Center for individualised therapy and development for Special Needs children.
- Location and contact information not provided. Contact Oasis School for updates.
The Oasis School Dubai (The Oasis Academy Dubai) (Al Waha School) (TOS, TOSD, OS, OSD) fee structure and general information
- Not to be confused with Al Waha or The Oasis Public School for Girls in Al Awir (Al Aweer), Dubai. Al Waha in Arabic means The Oasis in English.
|2015-2016 Oasis annual fees (AED)||35,244||35,244||42,910||42,910||42,910||42,910||42,910||42,910||57,172|
|2015-2016 KHDA fees (AED)||35,244||35,244||42,910||42,910||42,910||42,910||42,910||42,910|
|2014-2015 Annual tuition fees (AED)||35,244||42,910||42,910||42,910||42,910||42,910||42,910||57,172||57,172||57,172||65,874||65,874||65,874||65,874|
|2013-2014 Annual tuition fees (AED)||35,244||35,244||42,910||42,910||42,910||42,910||42,910||42,910||57,172||57,172||57,172||65,874||65,874||65,874||65,874|
- 2015-2016 figures shown from KHDA, provided Mar 2016, not confirmed. No fees for Y7-Y13, Oasis School says "As per the KHDA's licence requirements, Oasis School is authorized to enroll students from Foundation Stage to Year 6." So presumably that means Oasis School does not have classes from Years 7-13. However, updated fee schedule provided by Oasis School does include fees for Year 7. Registration fee AED 700, admission fee AED 4,000.
- 2014-2015 year of validity not confirmed. Schedule provided April 2015, but quarterly payment dates given for 2013-2014 so not clear if fees unchanged for 2014-2015 and 2015-2016 Academic Year, or schedule is old information.
- 2013-2014 admission or registration administration fee AED 4,000 (non-refundable, not confirmed). Only grades FS1 to Year 6 opening for 2013-2014 (not confirmed). Bus transportation not available at present, possibly for 2014-2015 academic year. Fees for specialised therapy not supplied, contact the institute directly. Annual fees payable in 4 instalments?
- Cambridge Curriculum used for Years 1-13, Edexcel Vocational Curriculum for Years 9-13.
- FB page at facebook.com/oasis.school.uae (13 Mar 2016: LP 10 Feb 2016, FP 26 Feb 2015).
- Postal address not supplied.
- Location - The Oasis School (Universal Academy of Excellence), Villa 43, Street 8B, Al Safa (Jumeirah, Umm Suqeim), Dubai. Was previously the location of the Safa School in Dubai before it moved to Al Quoz.
Teaching jobs and vacancies at Oasis School
- See Oasis School website: Home > Careers, but no information when checked (Mar 2016). Or send application or enquiry direct to the school email address, no recruitment specific email given.
Head teachers and principals at Oasis School
- Dr John Leo O'Brien, principal, when? Named in 2015 school letter or brochure.
- Ms Vicki Cooper, Principal 2015-present? Acting Principal 2005-2015?
- Mr Kamil Fodil (Kamal, Kamel), Principal or Acting Principal 2012-present, or 2014? Previously (or concurrently) at Canadian University of Dubai (CUD) as Vice-President or Director of Student Affairs.
13 March 2016 - Oasis School closure and restructure
- Gulf News reported the closure of The Oasis School as a mainstream school. It will stop operating as a school at the end of the 2015-2016 AY, and reopen in September 2016 (or later) as a Learning and Development Centre for children with significant Special Education Needs (SN, SEN).
- Announcement from Oasis School says "Transition to Learning Development Centre. Oasis to launch tailored education and therapy for students with individual needs from September 2016." Dated 23 Feb 2016?
- Official statement says they will be moving to a new location, and launching as the new Oasis Learning Therapy Centre.
- This means some or most students must re-enrol in another mainstream school, something that some parents are not happy about, and other parents are happy about, as reported by the GN. Oasis says they'll help parents place children in another school.
- 90 signatures (claimed) collected in a petition against the change.
- 70 students need to find another school according to an anonymous Dubai Education spokesperson (GN: He said no more than 70 pupils would need to move to another school. Which is about three-quarters of the students, or most of them. Since ...
- "... 100-odd students currently studying at the school." According to Mohammad Darwish, head of the KHDA, reported in the GN.
- Licence authority change from KHDA to Ministry of Community Development (previously MOSA).
- We have added back the institute to list of schools and support centers for special needs in Dubai, since they obviously are a special needs center of some sort. We never did understand why they said they weren't back in 2014. Their official letter announcing the change in status says they cater to special needs children: "As one of the first and only schools teaching mainstream and SEN students under one roof, we served a very specific need in the community."
- The GN report said the school closure was prompted by "an unpublished inspection report by KHDA" which said the school was "extremely far below [KHDA] standards". Oasis says the change was "due to the wide availability of SEN services in mainstream schools" (in Dubai).
- Unlike other mainstream schools in Dubai, there is no inspection report (publicly) available from the KHDA for Oasis School. The KHDA does not say why it is not available, or if there is no report (public or private), or if the school was not inspected.
- Like many things in Dubai, there is no shortage of confusing information. The school says they are only licensed for classes from FS-Year 6. They also say they the offer "* IB Diploma (age 16+)" (without explaining the asterisk) and publish fee schedules up to Year 7 and also to Year 13. The KHDA says the school offers UK and IB curriculum, but only publish a fee schedule up to Year (or Grade) 6.
01 March 2014 review
- Oasis School removed from List of special needs institutes in Dubai. According to information given to us by the school, it is licensed by the KHDA as a mainstream school, and is not an institute for special needs children. However, the school website says it does accept special needs students:
- The Oasis School will offer the National Curriculum of England, Wales and Northern Ireland with a full inclusion approach for special needs students. It will cater to mainstream and special needs students enrolled in the program to obtain their AS, A levels Cambridge certificate ...
- Doesn't make sense to us. Oasis School sounds like a school much more dedicated to special needs support than almost any other private school in Dubai.
26 September 2013 review
- The Oasis School of Dubai (TOSD) is a new name for the Universal Academy of Excellence in Dubai (UAE) which opened in October 2012. Also called the Oasis International School Dubai. Contact details, location, curriculum, fees, etc all appear to be unchanged.
- Unclear if The Oasis School really is a new institute, or just a new name for The Universal Academy of Excellence, so founding date left as October 2012.
- A press release on 15 August 2013 announced the opening of TUAE in a new building, which had been in operation since October 2012 in another location, taking over from the British Institute of Learning Development (BILD Dubai), a school for Special Needs children which closed abruptly in September 2012. It appears that TUAE or TOSD will continue to operate as a facility for Special Needs students - one of the very few in Dubai with resources and staff to cater to them.
Other Oasis Schools in Dubai and the UAE (unrelated to the new Oasis School in Dubai)
- Oasis International School Al Ain - new Indian school in Al Ain (opened in April 2012?)
- Oasis Nursery School Dubai - nearby nursery in Umm Suqeim, but unrelated to TOSD.
- The Oasis School Al Ain UAE - Indian curriculum school, closed.
- The Oasis School RAK - Indian curriculum school, closed.
- Silicon Oasis School Dubai - a GEMS international IB curriculum school, renamed as GEMS Wellington Academy.
Schools in the same area as The Oasis School Dubai
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Juventus Soccer School Dubai||September 2013||Italian||2,100-9,900|
|Safa British School||September 2004||primary||UK||26,800-41,300||SBS reviews|
Last update 16 March 2016
General comments - might not apply to The Oasis School Dubai
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.