Friday 25 September 2020 (UAE)
The Kindergarten Starters
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
The Kindergarten Starters in Dubai
|School name||The Kindergarten Starters|
|Type of institute||private profit-making primary school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||CBSE|
|Head of school||Ms Asha Alexander (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||GEMS Education, Varkey Group|
|Number of students (approx)||4800|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Al Garhoud, Al Garhood - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 4973, Dubai, UAE|
|School fees structure||6,180-8,247 dhs per year (2014-2015)|
|Teacher salary range||1,400 - 2,200 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
The Kindergarten Starters admissions, reviews, notes
The Kindergarten Starters reviews - add yours here.
The Kindergarten Starters (TKG) tuition fee structure and admission
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015||6,180||6,180||8,247||8,247||8,247||8,247||8,247|
|Monthly fees (AED) 2014-2015||618||618||825||825||825||825||825|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014c||6,075||6,075||8,106||8,106||8,106||8,106||8,106|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2012-2013||6,075||6,075||8,106||8,106||8,106||8,106||8,106|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2011-2012||5,573||5,573||7,437||7,437||7,437||7,437||7,437|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011||5,113||5,113||6,823||6,823||6,823||6,823||6,823|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010||4,466||4,466||5,933||5,933||5,933||5,933||5,933|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||4,060||4,060||5,394||5,394||5,394||5,394||5,394|
- 2014-2015 admission registration fee AED 500 (non-refundable, not transferable to other GEMS schools). Fees payable in 10 monthly instalments.
- 2013-2014 fee schedule not supplied, figures above not confirmed.
- 2012-2013 fees - April 2012 fee is AED 630 for KG 1 and 2, and AED 816 for other classes.
- 2010-2012 annual fees 30% increase permitted by the UAE MOE (10% per year)?
- 2009-2010 fees - April 2009 fee is AED 461 (KG) and AED 578 (grades 1-5). Other months payable monthly from May to March (excluding July and August).
- Registration fee (non-refundable) at time of admission is AED 500 for 2011-2012 (previously AED 100, date of change unknown).
- Location in Al Garhoud (Al Garhood), next to the Indian High School Garhood branch, behind Welcare Hospital. [Check] Site was previously used by the Pakistan National High School in Dubai which closed [date?]. Previous site of TKS was [where]?
09 November 2012
- Head's name updated to Ms Asha Alexander, Principal or Headmistress? Started April 2012 [check]? Previously was principal at Our Own English High School, and Apple International School [check]? Both schools in Dubai.
- Previous head of school was Mr Lawrence William Hartnett (Principal).
07 June 2012
- Gulf News reported that TKGS fired 2 bus conductors for allegedly molesting a KG1 student. The report quoted an unnamed spokesperson for the school as saying "Parents of a KG student at the Kindergarten Starters School alleged that their child had been molested by two conductors on a school bus yesterday (Tuesday). The school immediately carried out an investigation, and although the findings were inconclusive, the school made the decision to terminate their employment given that child safety and security is our number one priority."
- According to the GN report, the matter has neither been reported to the police nor to the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) either by the school or by the parents.
- Several other similar cases in the UAE have gone to court and resulted in acquittal for the accused. The school themselves said "the findings were inconclusive", referring to their own internal investigation. So it's not clear what the school's motivation was in firing the conductors. Media reports did not clarify the school's intentions.
- The Gulf News report quoted one bus conductor as saying "I respect the feelings of the parents but I am very apprehensive now because you never know when the finger of accusation is pointed at you." Perhaps something to keep in mind should you be interested in applying for a bus driver, conductor, or teacher job at TKS and you're not a child molester. Of course, for parents, the schools attitude is understandably reassuring, given that it appears the school will act quickly and decisively against any staff accused of child molestation.
15 May 2010
- The Kindergarten Starters (TKGS) is apparently increasing school fees for 2010-2011 by 15-20%, or maybe AED 1000 per year. Reportedly approved by the UAE Ministry of Education (MOE) despite the KHDA fee freeze. See Dubai school fees increase for more details.
05 September 2008 review
- The Kindergarten Starters (TKS, KGS) domain www.kgs-dxb.sch.ae forwards to www.gemskgs.com. KGS information also at GEMS Education website (www.gemseducation.com).
- TKS website says founded in 1990 but KHDA information says licensed in November 1982.
- Academic year starts in April.
- Fees payable in 10 monthly instalments. Unclear what fees are for 2008-2009. KHDA information is that TKS requested 45% increase but were ineligible because a 16% increase was already applied for 2007-2008.
07 January 2007 review
- TKS is one of the GEMS Education Group schools. It is a primary school with KG classes, not a kindergarten or nursery school.
Schools in the same area as The Kindergarten Starters
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Al Khaleej National School||July 1992||K-12||Arabic, UAE, US||12,290-23,518|
|Al Thuraya School||1989||K-12||Arabic, UAE||6,500-14,000||ATS reviews|
|Cambridge International School Dubai||K-12||UK||15,327-20,810|
|Dubai International School||1985||K-12||Arabic, US||12,319-19,339||DIS reviews|
|Grammar School Dubai||1970||K-12||Indian/UK||4,111-5,653|
|Gulf Indian High School||1979||K-12||Indian||3,030-5,720||GIHS reviews|
|Indian High School Garhoud||August 1988||primary||Indian||5,200-5,400|
|National Charity School Dubai||1983||K-12||Arabic, UAE||3,900-7,200|
|New Indian Model School Dubai||01 May 1980||K-12||Indian||2,575-4,480|
|Newlands School Dubai||September 2017||primary||UK||19,200-28,800|
Last update 21 November 2015
General comments - might not apply to The Kindergarten Starters
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- Indian schools in Dubai
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.