Wednesday 11 December 2019 (UAE)
The Emirates National School
The Emirates National School in Sharjah
|School name||The Emirates National School|
|Type of institute||private K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||CBSE|
|Head of school||Mr Ravi Thomas (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Al Nekhailat - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 5622, Sharjah, UAE|
|Website||www.tens.ae (new window)|
|School fees structure||3,400-6,600 dhs per year (2018-2019)|
|Teacher salary range||1,700 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
The Emirates National School admissions, reviews, notes
The Emirates National School reviews - add yours here.
The Emirates National School Sharjah (TENS, ENSS or ENS-SHJ) tuition fees, information
There are two unrelated Emirates National Schools in Sharjah. This page refers to The Emirates National School, Indian CBSE school in Al Nekhailat area.
- The other school is the Emirates National School Sharjah campus, part of the Emirates National Schools (ENS) group based in Abu Dhabi for Arab students.
- TENS is also unrelated to the Emirates Private School in Sharjah (EPSS), another Arab school.
- Emirates National Private School Sharjah is not an official school name in Sharjah, it might refer to TENS, ENSS, or EPSS.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2018-2019||3400||3400||3900||3900||3900||3900||3900||4200||4200||4200||4200||4600||6600||6600|
|Monthly fees (AED) 2018-2019||340||340||390||390||390||390||390||420||420||420||420||460||660||660|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015||3,200||3,200||3,700||3,700||3,700||3,700||3,700||4,000||4,000||4,000||4,000||4,400||6,400||6,400|
|Monthly fees (AED) 2014-2015||320||320||370||370||370||370||370||400||400||400||400||440||640||640|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009|
- 2018-2019 fees increased effective 01 Apr 2018 (last increase from 01 Apr 2014). Bus transport fees AED 200 monthly (Ajman or Sharjah), AED 250 monthly (Dubai).
- 2017-2018, 2016-2017, 2015-2016 school fee structure same as 2014-2015.
- 2014-2015 fees revised effective 01 Apr 2014. Admission or registration fee not given. Bus transport charges (annual) AED 2,000 for Sharjah and Ajman (AED 200 monthly), AED 2,500 for Dubai (AED 250 monthly).
- 2013-2014 fee structure not provided.
- 2008-2009 admission and tuition fees information not supplied.
- Owner's name, number of students and staff, teacher pay scale, not provided.
- Additional email address possibly email@example.com (not confirmed).
- CBSE affiliation number is 6630030.
- FB page at facebook.com/The-Emirates-National-School-22973693042/, but limited information, not updated since May 2012.
- Location is in Al Nekhailat community of Sharjah (Al Nakheelat, Al Nakielat) community of Sharjah. School campus is between Salma Bint Omeis Street (St 59?) and Afraa Bint Obeid Street (Str 51?), access off Sheikh Khalid Bin Saqr Al Qasimi Street. Approximate GPS coordinates 25°22'48.94"N, 55°25'31.91"E (25.380260, 55.425531).Some references say Maisaloon (or Maysaloon) but this is a different suburb, TENS is not located there.
TENS Sharjah teaching jobs, salaries and benefits
- Vacancies listed on careers section on TENS website. Send application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mr Ravi Thomas (Principal)
- [Wrong information?] Mr Thomas Kutty (Supervisor)
17 August 2018 review, website update
- Fees increased from 01 Apr 2018, fee schedule updated. Email address updated to email@example.com (previously firstname.lastname@example.org).
- New domain and website at www.tens.ae (from Oct 2015?). Previously was www.theemiratesnationalschool.com (don't click, redirects to multiple suspicious looking websites).
25 September 2013 review
- Official website not supplied. Domain URL ens.sch.ae is for the ENS Group, not ENS Sharjah. Online registration not available.
- TENS sometimes referred to as Emirates International School Sharjah (EISS or EIS-SHJ) or Emirates National High School Sharjah. But is not related to Emirate International School in Dubai.
- Facebook pages:
- facebook.com/pages/The-Emirates-National-School-Sharjah/191162960963225, seems to be an unofficial page. Limited information available.
- facebook.com/pages/The-Emirates-National-School/22973693042 - no updates since May 2012.
- facebook.com/pages/Emirates-National-School/110541612300846 - auto-generated FB spam, no information.
15 September 2009 review
- ENS Sharjah closed until 26 September 2009 as a precaution against the H1N1 swine flu virus - 2 students tested positive for the virus (Khaleej Times report 15 September 2009)
- Principal is Ravi Thomas or George Thomas Kutty?
- ENS location is off Sheikh Khalid Bin Saqr Al Qasimi St, near the Al Nekhailat Primary School?
- PO Box 21249 seen in some sources is for the new Horizon Indian School Sharjah in Al Qadisia suburb?
24 April 2009 review
- ENS Sharjah expanded from junior school to secondary or high school classes? And Mr Ravi Thomas is still the principal apparently.
- ENS Facebook page with photos but no videos might be at facebook.com/pages/The-Emirates-National-School/22973693042 (doesn't seem to be an official page, or updated much).
09 January 2008 review
- No official website found or supplied for ENS Sharjah.
- Date school established might be 1980 (not confirmed).
Schools in or near Al Nekhailat close to The Emirates National School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Cultural Private School Sharjah||CPSS reviews|
|Indian Excellent Private School||K-10||Indian|
|New Horizon Indian School||K-10||Indian|
|Pioneer English School||primary||Arabic|
|Salman Farsi School Sharjah||Iranian||SFSS reviews|
|Sama American Private School||September 2012||K-10||Arabic, UAE, US||10,800-21,000|
|School of Knowledge Sharjah||primary||Indian / UK||6,240-7,450||SKS reviews|
|Sharjah Autism Centre||October 2001|
|Sharjah Iranian School||1972||K-12||Iranian||SIS reviews|
|Springdale Indian School||1991||primary||Indian|
Last update 26 March 2019
General comments - might not apply to The Emirates National School
- Many popular schools are full for 2019-2020. New schools in Sharjah might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- Indian schools in Sharjah
- Study in Sharjah - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Sharjah - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Sharjah - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Sharjah education||Nurseries in Sharjah | Schools in Sharjah | New schools in Sharjah 2018-2019 | Special needs in Sharjah | Colleges in Sharjah | Universities in Sharjah|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.