||Ron Bradfield (Director)
|Executive body or owner
||Strathclyde University Business School UK
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|Type of institute
private university, Ministry of Higher Education license
|University location / area
||Dubai Women's College, Al Ghusais - location map
||PO Box 16062, Dubai, UAE
||42,500-55,000 dhs per year (2013-2014)
|Lecturer salary range
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
Strathclyde Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Dubai universities forum
Strathclyde University Dubai courses, fees, general information
Strathclyde Business School UAE programs accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education CAA (checked Jan 2014): see Strathclyde Abu Dhabi degree list.
- The Abu Dhabi Strathclyde university campus is in the list of CAA accredited institutes in the UAE, the Dubai campus is not, but the accreditation approval appears to be for Strathclyde UAE rather than a specific emirate or city. CAA accredited programs (checked Jan 2014) include Strathclyde International MBA, MSc in Marketing, Masters in Entrepreneurship, Masters in Supply Chain and Logistics Management.
- Fees for Strathclyde MBA in the UAE are AED 110,000 all-inclusive (last checked Jan 2014). Price includes costs of text books, core learning materials, seminars, tutorials, workshops, library access (online and physical), examination fees, graduation fees.
- MBA classes in the UAE usually start twice a year, at the beginning of April and October, and enrolment application closing date is about a month before the start of the program - end of February and August. Duration is normally 2 years but can be extended to up to 6 years.
13 January 2014 review
- Email address updated to firstname.lastname@example.org (previously email@example.com).
- See also Strathclyde Abu Dhabi information update.
- Strathclyde UK is internationally accredited by AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS.
- www.strath.ae domain is a frame for the UAE information on the www.strath.co.uk website, tricky to find if you start at the UK home page: Home > Departments > Strathclyde Business School > Worldwide (under Postgraduate heading, or Worldwide under The Strathclyde MBA heading also works ... sort of) > Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Good luck, don't forget your $200 as you pass Go.
- The direct URL looks like this www.strath.ac.uk/business/internationalcentres/dubaiandabudhabi/
- You can also get there by going to www.strath.ac.uk/business/internationalcentres/ and choosing city or country.
- Other international study centers in Bahrain,
- Another Strathclyde UAE domain at www.strathclydeuae.com but seems to be more of a blog than a website.
11 January 2011 review
- Strathclyde University Dubai information (supplied) updated - Strathclyde Dubai is a "Scottish University UAE branch campus."
- Email address updated from firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com.
- Telephone number changed from +971-4-2089281 to +971-4-2089280.
- Fees are AED 110,000 for MBA, AED 85,000 for MSc. Assumed to be for total, annual fees calculated based on 2 year program duration (previously AED 25,000-40,000 for 2008-2009).
07 December 2009
- Strathclyde University Business School in Dubai will offer a Masters in Marketing from January 2010. The Abu Dhabi Strathclyde campus will offer the Masters in Supply Chain and Logistics Management.
- Both courses are 2 year part-time Masters degree programs with classes on Fridays and Saturdays (once per month?).
- The new Master's programs are accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR), which lists both courses as a Master of Science (MSc).
- Director of Strathclyde Business School UAE is Ron Bradfield.
20 April 2009
- Full name is
University of Strathclyde Business School UAE
- General Manager of Strathclyde in the UAE is Ranjit Gajendra
- Tel +971-4-2089282 also seen.
- Strathclyde have been running Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs in Dubai since 1995 and Abu Dhabi since 2004 (see Strathclyde Abu Dhabi for contact details). No DBA degree though.
- Additional programs offered from 2008 are
- Master of Science in Marketing (MSc Marketing)
- Master of Science in Entrepreneurship (MSc Entrepreneurship)
- MSc in Supply Chain and Operations Management (from 2009)
- MSc Finance (from 2009, not yet approved by the MHESR)
- Master's degree courses are designed to be studied part time over a 2 year period but students can take up to 6 years to complete them.
- Strathclyde UAE has part-time, flexible, distance learning degree programs meaning you can study according to your own schedule if desired, and put off studying every day for up to 6 years (the time limit for completing a Strathclyde MBA).
- Assessment is by coursework, presentations, and exams.
- MBA and MSc programs, assessment, and qualifications in the UAE are the same as the full-time programs provided by Strathclyde in the UK.
- Student demographics (according to MOHESR information) by gender is two-thirds male, one-third female, and by nationality is about one-third UAE nationals, one-third other Arab nationals, and one-third other nationalities.
- MBA tuition fees estimate based on UK study prices of £10,500 (AED 55,000) to £13,500 (AED 75,000) for flexible learning option (part-time is £13,500 and full-time is £19,000), exchange rate of about STG 1.00 = AED 5.35, and assumes 2-3 years duration. UAE prices might be different.
- Strathclyde Business School UAE website (www.strath.ae) has link to UK website (www.gsb.strath.ac.uk) which says UAE website still under construction, but most essential information appears to be there including pdf downloads of course brochures etc.
Last update 13 January 2014
General comments - might not apply to Strathclyde Dubai
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.