St Joseph University Dubai
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
St Joseph University Dubai
|University name||St Joseph University Dubai|
|Director's name||Nisrine Abiad (Director of Academic Affairs)|
|Executive body or owner|
|Date founded||September 2008|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|Type of institute||private university, Ministry of Higher Education license|
|University location / area||Dubai Academic City - location map|
|Postal address||Dubai, UAE|
|University fees||55,200 dhs per year (2008-2009)|
|Lecturer salary range|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Lecturer job satisfaction rating
(by lecturers, not about lecturers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
St Joseph University Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Got something to say? Start a new topic in the Dubai universities forum
St Joseph University Dubai (USJ) degrees, courses, programs, fee schedule, general information
- Updated fees information not supplied. Please send updates and fee structure to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor of Law (LLB) degree - in Arabic, 4 years full-time study. See also University of Dubai Law School for Masters in Laws degree (LLM) (offered in English, not Arabic).
- USJ Dubai not seen in list of MOHESR accredited universities - presumably because it is in a free zone, comes under the authority of the Dubai KHDA?
18 December 2013
- Head of school, Rizk G Rizk (Director), has moved to Beirut campus? New director or dean's name, date of change, not provided.
- Vice Dean and Director for Academic Affairs is Nisrine Abiad?
14 September 2008
- Full name is "St Joseph University Dubai College of Law" (USJ of Beirut in Dubai, UAE).
- Saint Joseph University in Beirut, Lebanon was founded in 1875 and is a French-speaking university.
- Study open to males and females of all nationalities but students need to be Arabic speakers. EDAAD scholarship program for UAE nationals.
- SJU Dubai College of Law (or Law School) will offer law courses in Arabic (students must be fluent in spoken and written Arabic) to prepare students to be lawyers and judges. Some elective courses in French and English.
- The 4 year Bachelor of Law (LLB) program includes courses in aviation law, civil law, constitutional law, contract law, human rights, intellectual property rights, international relations law, labour law, maritime law, property law, tax law, tort law, and more. Program will cover Arabic, European, French, Sharia, and UAE law.
- Mobile tel +971-50-1304315.
- Director's name not confirmed.
Last update 13 January 2014
General comments - might not apply to St Joseph University Dubai
- Fees, facilities, education quality varies widely. Allow extra fees for visa, transport, accommodation.
- Salaries, accommodation, other benefits for lecturer jobs vary substantially. Check contracts carefully for medical, housing, flight allowances, etc.
- Dubai Academic City - schools and tertiary institutes in Ruwayah.
- Teaching in Dubai and the UAE (mostly about schools but good for lecturers too)
- University Quality Assurance International Dubai - licenses DIAC institutes in Dubai (the UQAIB)
|Universities||Universities in Abu Dhabi | Universities in Ajman Al Ain Fujairah UAQ | Universities in Dubai | Universities in Ras Al Khaimah | Universities in Sharjah | Universities in UAE|
|Dubai education||KHDA | List of Dubai universities | List of Dubai colleges | List of Dubai schools | List of UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.