Sharjah International Private School
||Sharjah International Private School
|Type of institute
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
||Arabic, Islamic, UK
|Qualifications or Courses
||IGCSE, AS, UAE MOE, KG-G11
|Head of school
||Ms Sawsan Abdulfattah
|Executive body or owner
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|School area, location map
||Al Qarain, Al Qarayen 5 - location map
||PO Box 25899, Sharjah, UAE
|School fees structure
|Teacher salary range
||see general comments
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
Sharjah International Private School admissions, reviews, notes
Start a new topic in the Sharjah school reviews forum with comments about this school.
Sharjah International Private School (SIS, SIPS) tuition fee schedule and information
Not to be confused with the Sharjah International American School (SAIS) or the Sharjah British International School (SBIS), both different and unrelated schools. SIS British Section, which follows the IGCSE curriculum, might also be referred to as Sharjah International British School (SIBS) - same contact details seen for both school names in various directory listings. School name is SIPS or SIS according to the Sharjah Education Zone school directory.
- Fees information not supplied. Enrolment or admission fee AED 500 (non-refundable).
- Date established not confirmed. Head's name also given as Ms Susan Abdul Fattah.
- SIPS operates two sections. A British school following the UK curriculum (about 20% Emirati students), and an Arab school following the UAE MOE curriculum (about 50% Emirati students), figures for 2014.
- [Check] Classes from KG to Grade 11, not Grade 12? British section exams for IGCSE and AS-Levels, not A-Levels.
- Location Al Gharayen, Al Qurayn 5 (Al Qarain) near Al Orouba Boys School, off the Dhaid Road at Sharjah Airport intersection? Location also given as Al Fayha (or Al Fayah) area at Koran Roundabout (LS, GM)? No information provided by school about relocating or opening a second campus (but school is not good at providing information in general anyway).
Teaching jobs and careers at SIPS
- Job applications and enquiries email contact is firstname.lastname@example.org but if you receive no reply it might mean your message was not received or ignored, given that messages sent to the general enquiries email address email@example.com are ignored. Sending applications by fax might be more reliable.
02 July 2014
- Contact details updated to tel +971-6-558 6624, fax +971-6-558 6177. Previous contacts were tel +971-6-5672700, fax +971-6-5672600, location Al Fayah (Al Faia, Al Fahya). Old information still valid according to UAE Yellow Pages.
- Email address given as firstname.lastname@example.org but messages sent there are ignored or returned as failed delivery. Alternative email address email@example.com (or firstname.lastname@example.org) also fails.
- SIBS (not SBIS) and SIPS have the same telephone number and other contact details in different directory listings, but only SIPS listed in the SEZ schools directory.
- School founder is Sheikh Faisal Bin Khalid Bin Sultan Al Qasimi?
- FB page at facebook.com/SharjahSchool (FP 04 Apr 2012).
02 April 2009 review
- Sharjah International Private School (SIS) also called Sharjah International School (SIS) or Sharjah International Pvt Sch?
- There were reports at the end of March 2009 that
Shahda Abdul Rauf, a student at SIS, died after being hit by a car after she got off the school bus near her home. The driver of the car was arrested by Sharjah Police.
- An Xpress report 22 September 2008 said that SIS opened 3 weeks late for academic year 2008-2009 due to a power shortage.
- SIS location is (or was - has moved?) corner of Sheikh Khalid Bin Mohammed Al Qassimi St and Sheikh Sultan Bin Saqr Al Qassimi St?
- SIS was mentioned in January 2006 in a list of villa schools that were warned about being closed down? Or was that a different SIS?
- Telephone +971-6-5676430 and PO Box
3695 also seen for SIS but the PO Box is for the Sharjah Filipino School.
Schools in the same area as Sharjah International Private School
||Founded || Tel
|| Level ||Curriculum
|Al Shola Private School
|| || +971-6-5583453
|| K-12 ||Arabic, UAE, UK
|Al Wahda Private School
|| || +971-6-5587777
|| K-12 ||UAE/US
|Australian International School Sharjah
|| September 2005 || +971-6-5589967
|| K-12 ||Australian
|| AISS reviews
|| 1975 || +971-6-5582211
|| K-12 ||Choueifat
|| CS reviews
|Ibn Seena English School
|| 1978 || +971-6-5582071
|| K-12 ||Indian/UK
|| ISES reviews
|Sharjah English School
|| 1974 || +971-6-5589304
|| K-12 ||UK
||GCSE, AS, A-Level
|| SES reviews
Last update 11 March 2015
General comments - might not apply to Sharjah International Private School
- Many popular schools are full for 2018-2019. New schools in Sharjah might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.