Sharjah English School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Sharjah English School
|School name||Sharjah English School|
|Type of institute||private non-profit K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||GCSE, AS, A-Level|
|Head of school||John Nolan (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||Board of Governors|
|Number of students (approx)||750|
|Number of staff (approx)||50|
|School area, location map||Maliha Rd, Al Juraina - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 1600, Sharjah, UAE|
|School fees structure||25,000-70,000 dhs per year (2014-2015)|
|Teacher salary range||7,500 - 23,000 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Sharjah English School admissions, reviews, notes
Sharjah English School reviews - add yours here.
Sharjah English Primary and Secondary School (SES) tuition fee structure and information
- Sharjah English College (SEC) was the secondary section of SES but has merged with SES to become a primary and secondary school. See also Sharjah English School Nursery.
- Sharjah British School (SBS, also Sharjah British International School) is not related to SES. SES is a British school with mostly British students and staff. SBS is a British curriculum Muslim school for Emirati and Arab students.
- Might be (incorrectly) referred to as Sharjah English Speaking School but SES is not related to Emirates English School in Dubai, a different school with an Indian curriculum, or Dubai English School (DESS), a UK curriculum school.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015||25,000||42,000||42,000||42,000||45,000||45,000||45,000||45,000||53,000||53,000||53,000||60,000||60,000||68,000||68,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011||21,000||37,000||37,000||37,000||39,000||39,000||39,000||39,000||55,000||55,000||55,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010||19,000||33,000||33,000||33,000||35,000||35,000||35,000||35,000||50,000||50,000||50,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009||19,000||33,000||33,000||33,000||35,000||35,000||35,000||35,000||50,000||50,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||12,900||22,500||22,500||22,500||23,700||23,700||23,700||23,700||39,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||12,390||21,600||21,600||21,600||22,800||22,800||22,800||22,800||38,000|
Fees information in italics are approximate estimates only and unconfirmed (to be updated when correct information supplied).
- 2014-2015 fee schedule not provided. Registration fee AED 400 (non-refundable), admission deposit AED 5,000 (non-refundable). Fee range AED 20,000-60,000 or AED 21,000-70,000 (not confirmed, source unknown).
- 2008-2009 fee schedule not provided.
- 2007-2008 registration fee AED 400 (non-refundable), deposit AED 3,000 (refundable).
- KG1 for 3-4 year olds - also called Foundation Stage 1 (FS1) (or Reception?). KG2 also called Foundation Stage 2 (FS2). Not the same as Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2 (KS1/KS2). Years 12 and 13 referred to as Lower and Upper Sixth Form.
- SES is accredited by and a member of British Schools Overseas (BSO) and British Schools of the Middle East (BSME).
- Location: Maliha Road, opposite Sharjah University City.
Teaching jobs at SES
- SES website Home > About > Careers at SES for information and any current vacancies. Teaching and management jobs are also advertised in the TES.
- Contracts are for 2 years, overseas hires include return flights, furnished accommodation or an accommodation allowance ([check] might be only for senior positions), health insurance and standard end of contract gratuity.
- Send application letter, CV, recent photograph and contact details for two referees to email@example.com.
- John Nolan (Principal) - current head of school (Jan 2015).
- David Throp - head of both SES and SEC.
- Jenefer Race (Primary Headteacher).
- Mr George Savage (Headmaster).
- Robert (Bob) Malone.
SES and SEC websites and domains
- www.sharjahenglishschool.org - most up to date website (since September 2009?).
- www.seschool.ae - forwards to www.sharjahenglishschool.org (checked May 2010).
- www.ses.ae - invalid, not accessible (checked May 2010). Or out of date, shows 2009-2010 information (checked May 2012).
- www.se-school.com - might be an old website, is out of date or not available (May 2010).
- www.sharjahenglishschool.com - not available, or is spam (May 2010).
- www.sharjahenglishschool.ae - no website or not available (May 2010).
- www.shensch.u-net.com appears to be very out of date - term dates are given for 1998/1999 (checked Nov 2007).
17 January 2015
- Email address updated to firstname.lastname@example.org. Previously was email@example.com.
- For enrolment and registration enquiries, use firstname.lastname@example.org.
09 May 2012
- Sharjah English school opened a new Performing Arts Center with a 400 seat theater. A new library has also opened, along with various specialist music and drama rooms (WAM report).
26 May 2010
- Sharjah English School (SES) principal is John Nolan (date of change not supplied). Previous headmaster/principal was David Throp.
- Chairman of the Board of Governors is Mr Khalid Al Amiri. Previously was Mr John Farrer (date of change not supplied).
- New building under construction during 2010-2011?
- Email address updated from email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org). Old email address might still be valid.
- SES website says facilities includes specialist rooms for Information Technology (IT), Music, Science, and Special Needs. Other resources include Gymnasium/Hall, Library, Outdoor pitches for Basketball, Football, Netball, Rounders, and a 25 meter swimming pool.
- Fees information updated. A report in The Telegraph (UK) dated 30 April 2010 said fees ranged from AED 19,000-50,000 but it wasn't clear if that included the Sixth Form. Fees might be AED 60,000 or more for Years 12 and 13.
31 August 2008
- Headmaster was Mr George Savage, and principal was Bob Malone (now at Al Yasmina School in Abu Dhabi).
- Primary Headteacher is Jenefer Race.
- Foundation year fees increased from AED 12,390 to AED 19,000 for 2008-2009 according to report in The National. Fee schedule not provided by SES.
14 November 2007 review
- Sharjah English School (SES) is a highly regarded primary school for KG to Year 6 students, with mostly British students and staff.
- Sharjah English College is the secondary section of SES for Years 7-11, opened on new premises in September 2005. SES primary school moved to same premises during 2005/2006?
- Secondary school expecting to become K-12 for 2008 and offer A-Levels.
- SES is run as a non-profit charitable organisation.
- Old contact details are tel +971-6-5672779 and fax +971-6-5662921.
Schools in the same area as Sharjah English School
|School name||Level||Curriculum||School fees||Reviews|
|Al Shola Private School||K-12||Arabic, UAE, UK||5,000-15,000|
|Al Wahda Private School||K-12||UAE/US|
|Australian International School Sharjah||September 2005||K-12||Australian||30,000-54,000||AISS reviews|
|Choueifat Sharjah||1975||K-12||Choueifat||12,000-24,000||CS reviews|
|Ibn Seena English School||1978||K-12||Indian/UK||5,320-10,384||ISES reviews|
|Sharjah International Private School||1995||Arabic, UK|
Last update 17 January 2015
General comments - might not apply to Sharjah English School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Sharjah might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Sharjah
- Study in Sharjah - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Sharjah - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Sharjah - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Sharjah education||Nurseries in Sharjah | Schools in Sharjah | New schools in Sharjah 2019-2020 | Special needs in Sharjah | Colleges in Sharjah | Universities in Sharjah|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.