New schools in Dubai
List of new schools in Dubai
- To add a school in Dubai to this list, start a new topic in the Dubai schools forum. Or send details to education at dubaifaqs dot com.
- School name does not always indicate curriculum or predominant student nationality e.g. some schools with Arabic names are British or international expat schools.
- This list of new schools in Dubai includes private schools open from 2017 to 2019 and schools planned for Dubai.
New nurseries, kindergartens, preschools, daycare, childcare centers in Dubai
- See the Dubai kindergartens and preschools directory list for more information.
New schools in Dubai to be added (2019 updates)
- *Addax Education Holdings Services or Addax Education Holding (AEH) - see Knowledge Venture (same contact details) or First Education Holding (Addax Bank subsidiary). Domain www.addaxeducation.com (offline since 2010, no website).
- *Bloom Education.
- *Education Capital Holding Bahrain - see Knowledge Venture (same directors/owners, reference Bloomberg). Domain www.edcapholding.com (offline since 2011 or 2012, no website), email firstname.lastname@example.org (probably invalid).
- *Esol Education, previously known as Educational Services Overseas Limited (ESOL). Some UAE schools no longer part of Esol Education group? New schools include Fairgreen IS and Dunecrest AS both in Dubai.
- *First Education Holding (subsidiary of Addax Bank in Bahrain, same as Addax Education Holdings?): Al Maaref School Dubai (purchased 2009), Al Zahour School Sharjah, Baby Academy Egypt.
- *International Schools Partnership (ISP), group of international schools around the world. UAE members include: Aspen Heights British School Abu Dhabi, Nibras International School Dubai, Reach British School Abu Dhabi, The Aquila School Dubai.
- *Interstar Education - education provider manages/owns: Delhi Private School, South View School, Victory Heights Primary School, Wonder Years Nursery.
- *Knowledge Venture LLC (or FZ-LLC, Dubai Knowledge Park) (not Knowledge Ventures). Same management and domain as Education Capital Holding (Bahrain or UAE or both or moved). Schools include Safa British School, Safa Community School. Possibly Emirates English Speaking School (KV director/owner names supplied as executive board for EESS but not the KV company explicitly). Website (offline) www.edcapholding.com. Contact info (not confirmed): tel +971-4-3644818, fax +971-4-3678495, postal address PO Box 502930 Dubai UAE. Same contact information seen for Addax Education Holdings Services but that looks like an error. It seems more likely that Addax and Knowledge Ventures are not related.
- Ajyal British School Dubai.
- Unconfirmed information: Location Al Khawanej, British curriculum, FS1 to Year 5 or 6, fee range AED 40,000-60,000 (might be random information, original source not found unless was from KHDA). Opening date Sep 2018 (conflicts with KHDA information).
- No website, contact information, official information provided.
- KHDA directory information was (no longer available, unknown why it was removed): opening date September 2019, British curriculum, email contact email@example.com (which indicates school is part of Bin Omeir Educational LLC), location Al Khawanej 1.
- Bin Omeir Education Foundation (BOEF) is also the owner/operator of the Ajyal International School in Abu Dhabi. Some secondary sources for Ajyal School in Dubai appear to have included information about the Ajyal School in Abu Dhabi such as pictures, telephone numbers, principal name, website.
- BOEF project list only has information about Ajyal Schools in MBZ and Al Falah, and Little Ajyal Nursery.
- Al Mawakeb School Al Khawaneej. Open Sep 2018. Part of Al Mawakeb Schools group. Website almawakeb.sch.ae/our-schools/al-mawakeb-school-al-khawaneej, portal at khawaneej.almawakeb.sch.ae.
- KHDA information: Established 02 Sep 2018 in Al Mizhar 1, American curriculum. Website www.almawakeb.sch.ae, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +971-4-2514433, fax +971-4-3478221. Fee range (2018-2019) AED 33,450-64,350 Pre-KG to Grade 12.
- Ambassador School Al Khail Gate. Information from Ambassador KG says "New Campus Coming up in Al Khail Gate in 2018. ICSE Curriculum - Pre KG to Grade 12". Sharjah Ambassador School says "Ambassador School launched its Sharjah campus in 2016, and is geared up to launch Ambassador School Al Khail campus by the end of 2018."
- 2019 March: Jobs seen advertised online in March 2019 for Ambassador School Dubai and Sharjah (Al Khail not specified), with (unconfirmed) salary range AED 5,000-9,000, however the advertisement image appears on peculiar sounding website domains related to vegetables or vegetarians and nature friendly products. Jobs advertised on Ambassador School's own websites do not state salaries.
- 2017 Apr 26: Offset Construction announced they were awarded a contract for a "Proposed Co-Ed School (G+3+Service Block) on Plot No. 365-3942 at Al Quoz Industrial Second – Dubai, UAE from Ambassador Global Investment Ltd." Project information from Offset says "Completion date: 30/04/2018".
- [Update] Amity School Dubai.
- Contact information: Tel +971-4-2041015 (admissions). Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- KHDA information: Opened Apr 2017 in Al Qusais, Indian curriculum. Website www.amityschooldubai.com, email email@example.com. No tel/fax. Fee range (2017-2018) AED 15,000-28,000 PreKG to Grade 7.
- Amled School Dubai
- Bright Riders School Dubai. Sister school to Bright Riders Abu Dhabi (same chairman, Dr B. R. Shetty)?
- KHDA information: Opened Apr 2018 in Dubai Investment Park (DIP), Indian curriculum. Website www.brightridersdubai.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel +971-4-8237444, fax +971-4-8802154. Fee range (2018-2019) AED 19,000-26,500 for KG1 to Grade 6.
- Brighton College Dubai, open September 2018, location Al Barsha South. British curriculum from FS1 to Year 13 (initially to Year 9 for 2018-19, and higher levels in following years). Sister school to Brighton College Abu Dhabi and Brighton College Al Ain. Fee range AED 64,000 to 107,000, Founders Fee range from AED 64,000 to 98,000. Website www.brightoncollegedubai.ae.
- KHDA information: Open Sep 2018 in Al Barsha 2, UK curriculum. Email email@example.com, tel +971-4-3871111. Fee range (2018-2019) AED 64,000-102,000 FS1 to Year 9.
- [Closed in 2018?] British Columbia Canadian School, open Sep 2017, location Dubai Investment Park (DIP).
- Still in KHDA directory as of Mar 2019. Domain given as www.bccsdubai.ca but is spam or for sale. Email given as firstname.lastname@example.org but unlikely to work if domain offline. No tel/fax number. Fees AED 40,000-60,000 per year for KG1 to Grade 6.
- Website domain www.bccis.ca is for a different BC curriculum school, the British Columbia Canadian International School in Cairo, Egypt.
- Location: Green Community West, DIP, next to Dovecote Green Primary School. Head of school: Mr Shawn Merke (Principal). Tel: +971-4-3982227. Email: email@example.com.
- KHDA information: Open Sep 2017 in DIP, Canadian curriculum. Website www.bccsdubai.ca, email firstname.lastname@example.org. No tel/fax. Fee range (2017-2018) AED 40,000-60,000 KG1 to Grade 6.
- Canadian World School Dubai: see World Canadian School.
- DEWA Academy, location Al Hudaiba (in DEWA building presumably, between Al Mina Rd and Mankhool Rd).
- [Check] KHDA information: Open Sep 2017 in Al Hudaiba, UK BTEC curriculum. Contact tel +971-4-3220113, fax +971-4-3220145, email email@example.com. No website. No fees? Year 10-12 only?
- Not clear why opening date given as 2017 in KHDA information. A DEWA press release in Aug 2014 announced the launch of the academy. Unless the academy relocated.
- The DEWA Academy appears to be for Emirati students only, presumably those working for or wanting to work for DEWA as part of the UAE Emiratisation policies.
- DEWA Campus for Occupational and Academic Development in Al Hudaibah (announced in 13 Jul 2018 press release) houses:
- DEWA Smart Training and Education Centre.
- DEWA Academy (press release said it was launched in 2013).
- Dubai American Academy Nations (GEMS), new name for merger of GEMS Nations Academy and DAA. School location at GEMS Nations Academy site?
- Dubai Heights Academy
- KHDA information: Open Sep 2017 in Al Barsha 2, British or UK/IB curriculum. Fee range AED 44,200-58,400 FS1 to Year 6. Website www.dubaiheightsacademy.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, tel +971-4-3563333.
- Dubai International Academy Al Barsha. Website www.diabarsha.com. See also DIA Emirates Hills.
- Contact information: Telephone admissions: +971-4-5244804, secondary school: +971-4-5244800, primary school: +971 4 5244900. Email: email@example.com.
- KHDA information: Open Sep 2018 in Al Barsha 1, IB curriculum. Website www.innoventureseducation.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, no tel/fax. Fee range AED 48,188-87,382 Pre-KG to Grade 12.
- Dunecrest American School (not Duncrest). US curriculum school from pre-KG to Grade 12 with IB option for Grades 11-12, based on Project AERO (American Education Reaches Out) and Common Core Plus standards. Campus open September 2018. Part of ESOL Education group. Head of school is Mr Bill Delbrugge. Location Wadi Al Safa 3, Al Barari. Website www.dunecrest.ae.
- KHDA information: opening date Sep 2018, located in Al Barari, American curriculum. Website www.esoleducation.com, email email@example.com. Fee range (2018-2019) AED 46,000-89,000 PreKG to Grade 10.
- Dwight School Dubai, open September 2018 in Al Barsha South, for KG1 to Grade 9 or 10 (expanding to Grade 12 in later years), fee range AED 66,000 to 103,000. An IB or IB World School, part of Bloom Education group. Head of School Janecke Aarnaes. Website www.dwightschooldubai.ae.
- Contact: tel 800-DWIGHT (800-394448), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com for jobs.
- KHDA information: open Sep 2018, location Al Barsha 2, curriculum International Baccalaureate (IB). Website www.dwightschooldubai.ae, email firstname.lastname@example.org. No tel/fax. Fee range (2018-2019) AED 85,000-130,000 Pre-KG to Grade 12.
- Fairgreen International School. IB curriculum for Nursery/KG to Grade 12, open September 2018, part of ESOL Education group. Located in Dubai Sustainable City, fee range AED 50,000 to 88,000. Website www.fairgreen.ae.
- KHDA information: established Sep 2018, location Dubai Land, International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum, tel +971-4-8754999, fax +971-4-3678424. Website www.esoleducation.com, email email@example.com. Fee range (2018-2019) AED 50,000 to 78,000 for PreKG to G8.
- GEMS Al Barsha National School for Boys
- KHDA information: date open Sep 2017, location Al Barsha 2, UK curriculum, no tel/fax, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Fee range (2017-2018) AED 42,000-62,000 FS1 to Y13.
- GEMS Al Barsha National School for Girls
- KHDA information: open Sep 2016, location Al Barsha 2, UK curriculum, no tel/fax. Website www.gemseducation.com, email email@example.com. Fee range (2016-2017) AED 42,000-62,000 FS1 to Y13.
- GEMS Founders School Dubai, in Al Barsha. Rename as GEMS Founders School Al Barsha?
- KHDA information: opening date Sep 2016, location Al Barsha 2, UK curriculum, tel +971-4-5195222, fax +971-4-5195222. Website www.gemsfoundersschool-dubai.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Fee range (2016-2017) AED 22,000-33,000 FS1 to Y13.
- GEMS Founders School Mizhar, Dubai, Sep 2018 planned. GEMS PR 20 Feb 2018 notes:
- Location in Al Mizhar/Mirdiff (or Midriff according to PR), sister school to GEMS Founders School in Al Barsha. "Nigel Cropley, most recently principal of GEMS Winchester School Abu Dhabi, will lead the school, which will offer the National Curriculum for England to students from Foundation Stage to Year 8 with fees ranging from 22,000 AED to 29,000. The school will add grades naturally over the years."
- KHDA information: open Sep 2018 in Al Mizhar 1, UK curriculum. Website www.gemseducation.com, email email@example.com. No tel/fax. Fee range (2018-2019) AED 23,000-35,000 FS1 to Year 13.
- GEMS Heritage Indian School Dubai. Indian CBSE curriculum school for Nursery/KG to Grade IX, open April 2016?
- GEMS Nations Academy, open September 2016, merged with GEMS Dubai American Academy (GEMSAA) September 2017, renamed as Dubai American Academy Nations? Website www.gemsnationsacademy-dubai.com redirects to www.gemsaa-dubai.com.
- [GEMS School of Digital Futures], Dubai, opening Sep 2019?
- GEMS United School Dubai (GEMS United Academy), US curriculum school for Nursery/KG to Grade 12. Not to be confused with the GEMS United Indian School in Abu Dhabi.
- [GEMS Vertus School] (not GEMS Virtus School), Dubai, Sep 2018 planned (delayed to Sep 2019?). GEMS PR 20 Feb 2018 notes:
- Location in Al Waha neighbourhood, Dubailand. National Curriculum for England (NC) for Foundation to Year 8 students. Fees AED 34,000 to 42,500. Principal/Head John Hughes, previously Vice Principal at GEMS Metropole School.
- Not found in KHDA school directory (as of Mar 2019). Not found in GEMS directory either, nor any job listings found in GEMS careers website.
- GEMS Wellington Academy Al Khail, UK curriculum to IGCSE, from FS1 to Year 12. Sister school to Wellington Academy DSO?
- [Check] GEMS Wellington Academy Silicon Oasis. Same as Wellington Academy Dubai. Official name is GWA DSO, WASO, WAD or something else? See also GWA Al Khail.
- [Update] Global Indian International School Dubai (GIIS-Dubai)
- See also GIIS Abu Dhabi.
- Part of Global Schools Foundation (GSF) based in Singapore.
- Contact: tel 800-GIISDXB (800-4447392) or +971-4-2255681, whatsapp +971-55-1915500, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Websites: ae.globalindianschool.org/dubai/ (redirected from www.giisdubai.org) or www.globalindianschool.org.
- KHDA information: Open Sep 2017 in Al Barsha South, Indian curriculum. Website www.globalindianschool.org, email email@example.com. No tel/fax. Fee range (2017-2018) AED 27,000-32,941 PreKG to Grade 8.
- Himayah School for Education Boys Deira (Abu Hail) (not Diera)
- KHDA: open Sep 2018, location Abu Hail, UAE Ministry of Education (MOE) curriculum, tel +971-4-3482255, fax +971-4-3481144, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Level: grades 1-8. No fees.
- Himayah School for Education Girls Al Karama (Hemayah), school for children of Dubai Police employees, free education.
- KHDA information: establishment date Sep 2018, location Karama, UAE MOE curriculum, tel +971-4-3482255, fax +971-4-3481144. Website www.dubaipolice.gov.ae, email email@example.com. Level: grades 1-8. No fees.
- Ignite School, Al Warqa (Al Warqaa). American curriculum school for Pre-KG to Grade 12, open Sep 2018 for Pre-KG to Grade 5, expanding to higher levels in later years. Website www.igniteschool.ae.
- KHDA information: open Sep 2018, location Al Warqa'a 3 (Al Warqaa), American curriculum, tel +971-50-8915900. Website www.igniteschool.ae, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Fee range AED 28,000-37,000 PreKG to G5.
- Kent College Dubai
- Lycee Francais Jean Mermoz Dubai, location Al Quoz (behind Dubai Bowling Center). Tel +971-56-3388223, email email@example.com.
- KHDA information: date open Sep 2017, location Al Quoz 1, French curriculum, tel +971-56-7351673. Website www.lfjm.education, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Fees (2017-2018) AED 36,000-50,000 PreKG-G6.
- Millfield School Dubai (notes and page updated). Proposed in 2012 with JV agreement signed. Progress update in 2013 but no further news since then (as of Mar 2019).
- Next Generation School Dubai, Al Barsha, website www.nextgenerationschool.ae. American Islamic school. Not related to NGS in Illinois, USA (website www.nextgenerationschool.com).
- Newlands School Dubai, tel: +971-4-2821200, email: email@example.com.
- KHDA information: open Sep 2017, location Al Warqa'a 1 (Al Warqaa), UK curriculum. No tel/fax. Website www.newlandsschool.ae, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Fees (2017-2018) AED 19,200-28,800 for FS1-Y8.
- North London Collegiate School Dubai (NLCS Dubai). Dubai campus of the UK school with high rankings and high fees. Open September 2017? Curriculum is IB and IGCSE. Location Meydan area, Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City.
- KHDA information: date founded Sep 2017, location Meydan City, International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum. No tel/fax. Website www.nlcsdubai.ae, email email@example.com. Fee range (2017-2018) AED 83,000-130,000 PreKG to Grade 12.
- Renaissance School Dubai, open 01 Oct 2018 in Dubai Sports City, Al Hebiah 4.
- Term 1 fees for 2018-2019 waived for Founding Parents who register by 01 December 2018 (KT report 25 Sep 2018).
- Contact: +971-4-5897717, +971-55-1449676, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Founding Principal: Ms Zetha Nobles.
- Not related to the Modern Renaissance School Dubai which closed in 2006.
- KHDA information: date open Sep 2018, location Dubai Sports City (DSC), American curriculum, no tel/fax. Website www.renaissanceschool.ae, email email@example.com. Fee range AED 35,000-45,000 PreKG to G4.
- Rising School Dubai.
- Founding Principal: Dr. Michael Bartlett. Principal: Dr. Raychellet Williamson.
- KHDA information: open Sep 2017 in Nad Al Sheba 4 (Nadd Al Shiba), American curriculum. Tel +971-58-8676437, fax +971-4-8835389. Website www.risingschool.ae, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Fee range (2017-2018) AED 31,500-56,500 PreKG to G6.
- Riverston School Dubai (not Riverland or Riverton).
- Founding Principal: David Quick. Tel +971-4-3316400, email email@example.com.
- KHDA information: opening date Sep 2018, location Nad Al Sheba 4, UK curriculum, tel +971-50-6984026. Website www.riverstonschooldubai.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Fee range AED 67,500-70,500 FS1 to Y6.
- [Rumour only?] Sherborne School Dubai (not Sherbourne). No information found confirming any plan or proposal, only a comment speculating that Sherborne School in the UK (in Sherborne, Dorset) might open a branch in Dubai or the UAE. Speculation appears to have arisen because a Sherbone School opened in Doha, Qatar in Sep 2009. There is also an empty unofficial Facebook page for Sherborne Dubai, so perhaps because it's on FB it must be true (we don't think so).
- Note that Sherborne School in Dorset is not related to Sherborne House School in Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK. As it happens, Sherborne House School does have a Dubai connection, it is part of the GEMS Education group, founded by Sunny Varkey.
- Singapore International School Dubai. Not a real school but advertisements for it or similar sounding names seen. Probably a reference to the Global Indian International School Dubai which is part of the Singapore based GSF group.
- Smart Vision School, Al Barsha, website www.svschool.ae (redirected from www.smartvisionschooldubai.com).
- Solomon International School, Dubai Production City (DPC) (previously called IMPZ).
- School data appears to have been removed from KHDA school directory (school ID 14969) (Mar 2019). Previous information was: School Name, Solomon International School. Date of Establishment, 1 September 2019. Curriculum, International Baccalaureate. Location, IMPZ.
- Opening planned for Sep 2018, or delayed until Sep 2019?
- Unconfirmed information: curriculum is IB, levels offered at opening Pre-KG to Grade 5, fee range AED 44,000–63,000 (or 44,000-60,300, one figure presumably a typo).
- Website might be www.solomoninternationalschool.com (no information as of Mar 2019). Probably not related to SIS in Washington (state), USA (website www.solomonschool.com).
- South View School (Southview School), Remraam Community, Dubailand. Founding Principal Joanne Wells. British curriculum FS1 to Year 7 from September 2018 opening date, expanding to Year 13. Website www.southviewschool.com.
- KHDA information: open Sep 2018, location Dubai Land, UK curriculum, tel +971-4-4264864. Website www.southviewschool.com, email email@example.com. Fee range (2018-2019) AED 43,000-56,500 FS1 to Y8.
- The Alpha School (Dubai). Open Sep 2017 in Al Qusais (Al Ghusais). British curriculum.
- KHDA information: date open Sep 2017, location Al Qusais, UK curriculum, tel +971-4-2255586. Website www.alphaschool.ae, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Fee range (2017-2018) AED 19,750-28,500 FS1 to Y6.
- The Arbor School. British curriculum school in Al Furjan area of Dubai. Website www.thearborschool.ae.
- KHDA information: date established Sep 2018, location Al Furjan, UK curriculum, tel +971-4-5667904, fax +971-4-4256693. Website www.thearborschool.ae, email email@example.com. Fee range (2018-2019) AED 56,000-85,000 FS1 to Y7.
- The Aquila School. British curriculum school in The Villa, Dubailand. Opened September 2018. Part of the International Schools Partnership group (ISP). Website www.theaquilaschool.com.
- KHDA information: opening date Sep 2018 in Dubai Land, UK curriculum. Website www.theaquilaschool.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org. No tel/fax. Fee range (2018-2019) AED 45,000-55,000 FS1 to Y6.
- The Rising School - see Rising School Dubai.
- [Check] The Winchester School Jebel Ali, not a new school, renamed from The Winchester School Dubai (GEMS)?
- Vernus International School, Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO), American Curriculum. School name is "Vernus" according to pictures on wall around construction site (in Q1 2019), but construction sign at plot also says "Client: Venus International School FZCO". Sign also refers to Golden Square Engineering Consultants (GS), Brickswell Building Contracting LLC.
- There are some public internet references to a Venus International School Indian curriculum ICSE or CBSE school in Dubai, or a Venus Indian School, under construction in DSO, opening in 2019, and related to Venus International School in Bangalore, India. But we can't find any reliable source of information, and further investigation indicates no obvious connection to VIS in India.
- Venus International School (VIS) in Bangalore, India, is an Indian ICSE curriculum school, website at vis.edu.in. Official information does not provide any connection to a US or IB curriculum school in India, Dubai, UAE, or anywhere else. Nor does VIS have any information about an Indian curriculum branch in Dubai planned or under construction (at least not public information). VIS website says "... the school follows a child-centered curriculum based on ICSE pattern..." but also refers to both "Venus International School (ICSE)" and "Venus International School (CBSE)" without any further explanation. ICBSE website lists VIS as a ICSE school, with CISCE affiliation code KA182.
- Venus IS India is part of the St. Ann's Group of Institutions. Another school in the same group with a similar name is Venkat International School, but also with no information about a branch in Dubai being opened.
- Vernus (or Venus) school project not found in GS list of projects (as of Mar 2019).
- Not related to the new Vertus International School in Al Waha, Dubai, owned by GEMS Education.
- Our conclusion is that Vernus International School is the correct name. Possibly affiliated with the Vernus Early Learning Centers in Dubai.
- World Canadian School Dubai. School building and website both under construction as of Mar 2019. Opening was planned for Sep 2018 so perhaps opening delayed. Unless renamed as British Columbia Canadian School, relocated to DIP, time-travelled one year backwards to Sep 2017, and then closed in Jun 2018. But back to the present, more realistic information includes:
- Domain at www.wcsch.net, no website just a school logo and under construction message. Email might be email@example.com (not confirmed). No tel or fax number provided or found.
- Location: Nad Al Sheba 4 or 1 (both areas given in secondary sources) (also Nadd Al Shiba). Fee range AED 42,846 - 55,907 for Pre-KG to Grade 5.
- Founding head of school: Ms Linda Winch (previously at American International School in Dubai).
New schools in Dubai opening date unknown, under consideration, etc
- Arcadia Primary School - see Arcadia Preparatory School, planned opening date September 2016.
- Dubai Sustainable City school - Dec 2013 reports said construction contract would be awarded by Feb 2014. DSC completion planned for sometime in 2015.
- *Ellesmere College Dubai (ECD) - job advertisements in Dec 2013 for a Founding Head seemed to indicate school would open either September 2014 or September 2015. But not in KHDA list of new schools for 2014 or 2015 published March 2014, at least not by name - the list included a new British school in Dubailand which might be a reference to ECD. [Update - might open in Sep 2015 according to developer in Dubai].
- GEMS Cambridge International School Al Quoz - proposed in 2009 or earlier but few details provided. Current status unknown.
- GEMS Cambridge International School Jumeirah Village - proposed in 2009 or earlier but few details provided. Current status unknown.
- *GEMS Modern Academy - not a new school, a new name for the GEMS Modern High School in Dubai, date of change not given. Was in 2013-2014?
- *GEMS Our Own English High School Discovery Gardens - unknown if it is even a proposed or planned school. Was mentioned in a Nov 2012 investment document from GEMS but only the school name and an artist's impression picture supplied. No other information provided.
- GEMS Winchester School Motor City Dubai - unknown, just a name seen. Possibly a reference to the GEMS Metropole School in Dubai Motorcity (open Sep 2014).
- *Global International Indian School - opened in April 2010 but school campus withdrew or de-franchised from GIIS in July 2012 and became the Ambassador School. GIIS announced they would open a new school in 2013 in a new location in Dubai ... Update: possibly delayed until 2014 or indefinitely.
- JSS Academy Jumeirah Village Circle (JVC), near Al Khail Rd, in JVC District 10. Not clear if institute name is JSS Academy or related to it. Nor if it is a tertiary or lower level institute.
- Jumeirah Park school by Taaleem - probably a reference to the British school they are opening in 2015.
- Jumeirah Park nursery by Taaleem - probably a reference to the British pre-school opening in Jumeirah Islands in 2014.
- Jumeirah Triangle Academy (JTA Primary School) - might be reference to Arcadia Primary School, or a different school, or not a real proposal at all. Very little information provided or found.
- Meritorious Network Pakistani school Dubai - vague comment, no specific plans provided.
- Nehru World School - Indian school operator considering expansion into the UAE, but no definite plans (TN report 29 Sep 2015).
- Taleem School Dubailand - first announced in 2005 with opening date planned for 2008. In 2010 project abandoned or postponed indefinitely.
- Taleem School Jumeirah Village? Unknown, vague information, might be a reference to the Taleem British Schools in Jumeirah Islands or Jumeirah Park.
New school reports (opening date not given or unclear)
- 02 Nov 2013 (Khaleej Times) - Beaconhouse Education Group plans to open more schools in the UAE. Unclear from report whether in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, or somewhere else. Location and opening dates not provided but maybe in 2014. Danial Kasuri (Daniel?), Executive Director and MENA region Head for Beaconhouse was quoted as saying "We are looking to acquire existing schools with 400 to 500 students and develop the school before creating our own purpose-built school. ... We intend to have a large physical presence in the Middle East and by next year we would have acquired land or an existing school in the UAE. We would start with a British curriculum school before introducing the International Baccalaureate (IB) syllabi."
- 23 Oct 2013 (Gulf News) - Meritorious School Network founder and CEO quoted in report, which said he was considering establishing schools in Dubai and Sharjah, but didn't say when. No other information found or provided.
- 07 Oct 2013 (The National) - report saying the KHDA projected there would be 90,000 places in 60 new or expanding schools in Dubai in the next 5 years (from 2013-2018), with 50,000 places in British curriculum schools by 2020 catered to in 4 to 5 new or expanded schools each year until then. Other developments in the same report mentioned:
- Taaleem - new school opening in Jumeirah Park in 2015, capacity 1,600 students, curriculum and level not specified.
- Taaleem - foundation stage early childhood center or nursery school opening in 2014 in Jumeirah Islands community as a feeder pre-school for a new Dubai British School by Taaleem (opening date not given).
- 22 Oct 2013 (GEMS press release) - GEMS said they would open 10 new schools in the UAE by October 2014 but didn't say where. The Gulf News version said the schools would be in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and RAK but didn't say where that information came from.
New schools in Dubai in 2022
New schools in Dubai in 2021
New schools in Dubai opening in 2020
- 24 Aug 2015: A Colliers International report forecast an additional 51 new schools would be needed in Dubai. Report was released in 2014?
New schools in Dubai in 2019
New schools in Dubai in 2018
New school reports
- 2018 Aug 28, Gulf News "At least 20 new schools opening in Dubai, Abu Dhabi", said 13 in Dubai and 7 in Abu Dhabi.
Almost the same list as the KT report a few days earlier.
Abu Dhabi school names not given.
- Additions: Bright Riders (CBSE curriculum), Dubai International Academy Al Barsha (IB), Ignite School (US), Riverston School Dubai (UK).
- Ommissions: Ambassador School, Solomon School and the Sharjah GEMS school.
- 2018 Aug 23, Khaleej Times (reported 11 or 12 or 13 new schools in Dubai, one from Sharjah included in the list): "Dubai to have over dozen new schools this academic year ... About 13 new schools are opening in Dubai this academic year ... The 12 New Schools ...". The list of school names given:
- Al Mawakeb School Al Khawaneej
- Ambassador School Al Mankhool. An odd inclusion, it opened in Apr 2010, no information given in KT report except for the name. Unless it's a reference to the new Ambassador School branch opening in Al Khail Gate by the end of 2018.
- Brighton College Dubai branch
- Dunecrest American School
- Dwight School Dubai
- Fairgreen International School
- GEMS Founders School Mizhar
- [Sharjah] GEMS New Our Own Private High School Sharjah
- "Soloman International School" [sic], presumably a typo for Solomon International School.
- South View School (Southview School)
- The Aquila School
- The Arbor School
New schools in Dubai in 2017
- CMI Group Indian School Dubai, a second Dubai school planned after opening their first school in April 2015, the Amled School. CMI also plan to open a school in Abu Dhabi and in Sharjah.
New schools in Dubai opening in 2016
List of schools with opening dates confirmed for 2016
- Clarion School (Scholars International Group (SIG) school) with Bank Street College of Education curriculum from New York City. Fee range AED 40,000-72,000 43,000-76,500 for pre-KG to Grade 2. School Superintendent (Principal) Dr Kandace Williams. American curriculum, opening date September 2016 for pre-KG to Grade 2, Grade 3 will start in Sep 2017. Capacity pre-KG to Grade 12 about 1,450 students with IB offered to higher levels?
- GEMS Heritage Indian School, opening date April 2016, Indian CBSE school with 10,000 places, location Al Barsha. Fee range AED 15,000-24,000. Facilities to include a Cricket Academy, School of Performing Arts and Music, Debate Academy. Head of school will be Darryl Bloud, previously principal and CEO of GEMS Modern Academy.
- GEMS Nations Academy, fee range AED 84,000-118,000 for KG to Grade 8.
- GEMS United Academy, location Dubai Sports City, US curriculum similar to Dubai American Academy. Not to be confused with GEMS Nations Academy in Dubai, or GEMS United Indian School in Abu Dhabi. Founding head will be Dan Young, previously head at GEMS World Academy and Dubai American Academy. Open September 2016 for Grades 6-8, expanding to senior and elementary levels in later years. Capacity 2,000 students.
- Kent College Dubai campus (Canterbury, UK), opening September 2016 for Foundation to Year 13, UK curriculum. Founding Principal Patrick Lee-Browne, previously head of Rydal Penrhos School. Location Nad Al Sheba, Meydan, Silicon Oasis?
- [Check if still on schedule, what happens to old Jebel Ali Primary School?] New Jebel Ali School, open September 2016 in Akoya by Damac development. Design and build contract awarded to ALEC Aug 2015 (?). Facilities will include auditorium, sports hall, swimming pool, outdoor sports fields.
- Lycée Français Jean Mermoz, opening September 2016. French curriculum school in Al Quoz area. Location is plot behind United Kaipara Dairies and Meydan Rd on Street 3 (?). Fee range AED 36,000-47,000. Facilities will include auditorium, library, 25m swimming pool. Mobile contact number +971-56-3388223. Website www.lfjm.education (yes, dot education not dot com).
- Sunmarke School Jumeirah Village, opening in September 2016.
Other schools planned or under consideration for 2016 but not confirmed, opening date changed, or need update
- Arcadia Preparatory School (Arcadia Primary School), planned opening date September 2016. Very little information provided or found. Location Jumeirah Village? Triangle or Circle?
- GEMS Al Barsha National School for Boys, UK and Islamic curriculum for Arab Muslim students.
- GEMS Al Barsha National School for Girls, UK and Islamic curriculum for Arab Muslim students.
- GEMS Founders School, UK curriculum, in Al Barsha.
- GEMS New Millennium School Al Khail expansion.
- Swiss International School Dubai - opening date was in 2016 according to initial information, changed to Sep 2015.
- [Rumour or incorrect information] Wellington College Dubai campus (UK). No public information on WC website wellingtoncollege.org.uk, but does have a presence at the British Boarding Schools Show in Dubai March 2016 for parents interested in boarding their children at WC in the UK. Not related to GEMS Wellington International School, Academy (2 nos), or Primary School in Dubai.
New school reports
- 15 Mar 2016 (The National): 20 private schools to open in Dubai in 2016-2017 academic year. Currently there are 173 private schools in Dubai, with 11 new schools in 2014 and 2015, and 7 opening in 2016.
- 13 Mar 2016: About 15 to 20 new schools will open in Dubai in 2016 according to comments made by Dr Abdulla Karam, head of the KHDA, at an event releasing the KHDA Education Landscape Report. School names and other details were not given. The Khaleej Times said ... details of the school curriculum and locations will be revealed by June or July this year once school principals are appointed.
- "Anything between 15 and 20 schools could open in Dubai this year." - Khaleej Times
- "We are expecting 15 to 20 schools to open next year. This is the highest number of schools opening in one year that we have ever witnessed." - Gulf News 13 Mar 2016.
- 28 Feb 2016 (GEMS press release): GEMS will open 7 new schools in the UAE for 2016-2017 academic year, six in Dubai and one in Abu Dhabi. Two Indian, three UK, and two US curriculum schools.
One more GEMS Indian curriculum school planned for Sharjah in 2017?
- GEMS Al Barsha National School for Boys, UK, in Dubai.
- GEMS Al Barsha National School for Girls, UK, in Dubai.
- GEMS Founders School, UK, in Dubai.
- GEMS Heritage Indian School in Dubai.
- GEMS Nations Academy in Dubai.
- GEMS United Academy, US, in Dubai.
- GEMS United Indian School in Abu Dhabi.
- 29 Sep 2015 (TN): 21 new schools to open for 2016-2017 academic year according to comments made by the KHDA at the International and Private Schools Education Forum (29 Sep to 01 Oct 2015 in Dubai).
- 23 Aug 2015 (various reports of KHDA statement): 27 new schools opening in Dubai by 2016. Might include schools open in Sep 2015 for the 2015-2016 academic year. Names, locations, etc not given, except for some already opened in 2015.
New schools in Dubai opening in 2015 (for 2015-2016 academic year)
- Al Safa Academy, Dubailand - opening in 2015 in Dubailand area according to the KHDA in March 2014, or reports of KHDA information. But seems more likely to be a reference to the Safa Community School which plans to open in September 2014 (at least, that's what the Safa Schools Group said in March 2014), unless there's a delay and a change of name that hasn't been made public yet. No other information provided or found.
- Ambassador School Dubai - already exists in Al Mankhool area, opened as Global Indian International School in April 2010, name changed to Ambassador Education or School in April 2013. But school brochure has a picture of a new campus and says "Ambassador School, Dubai - Opening April 2015". Unknown if that means existing school is relocating or another AE school is opening in Dubai. No futher information supplied or found.
- Amled School Dubai (not Amlad), Indian CBSE school open April 2015 for KG to Grade 5 students initially. Website www.amledschool.com. Location in Al Quoz 4 area, behind Al Khail Mall (not in Al Khail area as sometimes reported - Al Khail area doesn't exist in Dubai). A joint venture between CMI Rajagiri Province in India, and the Amled Facilities Management in UAE (website www.amled.org). School Director is Dr Mathew Vattathara, Principal is Varghese Puthusserry (not Puthussery) (previously principal at Rajagiri International School in Dubai, also written as Father Varghese Puthusarry). CMI plans to open more schools in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah in 2017, and another one in Dubai.
- *Canadian International School in Dubai (KHDA Mar 2014), K-12 school, fee range AED 37,000-73,000, location not clear - KHDA says no land assigned yet, other reports said it would be in Al Barsha. Unknown if related to the Canadian British Columbia curriculum school in Dubai proposed in 2008 or 2009 - probably not according to Mar 2014 information from the KHDA which says it will have an Alberta curriculum. Not related to the Ontario International School opening in Mirdiff in September 2014.
- *Community West First School, Dubai Investment Park (DIP) (KHDA Mar 2014) - British Curriculum, FS2 to Year 2 only, capacity 750 students, fees AED 42,000-44,000, opening Sep 2015.
- *Dubai British School Jumeirah Park, Taaleem British curriculum school, location Jumeirah Park district, Years 1-13 (not FS1, FS2), might be near the Taaleem Dubai British Foundation School in Jumeirah Islands. Opening date planned for Sep 2015.
- *Dubai School of Excellence, Nad Al Sheba (KHDA Mar 2014) - American curriculum K12 school, fees ranging from 38,000 to 75,000, opening Sep 2015.
- Durham International School Dubai - opening planned for September 2015, initially for KG-Grade 6 or 7, to Grade 12 eventually. Location, fees, not provided. UK curriculum with IGCSE and IB qualifications.
- Hartland International School, in Sobha Hartland project, MBR City, Meydan area, opening Sep 2015, announced Nov 2014. Fee range AED 49,750-65,000, UK and International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum.
- Islamic International School Dubai (IIS) - opening in 2015, being established by Dr Zakir Naik as the first overseas branch of IIS in Mumbai, India.
- *Sobha International Academy, location Meydan City (KHDA Mar 2014), K-12 British curriculum school, capacity 2,500 places, fees AED 37,000-74,000. Unknown if any connection to the Kent College announced in Mar 2013 for Meydan City.
- Swiss International Scientific School of Dubai - opening date originally given as Sep 2016, revised to Sep 2015. Name changed from Swiss International School to Swiss International Scientific School in 2014 or 2015.
Other, or need update
- Ellesmere College Dubai branch - of the UK Ellesmere College, in partnership with Goldline Group in Dubai. Goldline said in Jul or Aug 2014 that the school would open in Sep 2015, but not much information provided to support that forecast.
- [Delayed to Sep 2016?] *GEMS Nations Academy, possibly Emirates Hills (location not confirmed) - name according to KHDA Mar 2014. Fees AED 84,000-135,000, American curriculum, K-12, capacity 2,600, opening Sep 2015. Name of school not confirmed. Might be another GEMS World Academy, or GEMS National Academy?
- German International School Dubai?
- Kent College Canterbury Dubai, location Nad Al Sheba 3 or Meydan City, announced Mar 2013, partnership between Kent College and Mir Hashem Khoory (MHK Group), capacity 2,000 students, British curriculum.
- Ranches Primary School, UK.
- St Mary’s Catholic High School Dubai, UK.
New school reports
- 29 Sep 2015 (TN): "Only 11 private schools opened for the 2014-2015 academic year and only seven this year, he said", referring to comments made by Dr Abdulla Al Karam, DG of the KHDA. Seems to conflict with reports in Aug 2015 that 11 schools opened for 2015-2016 academic year (or previous report information was incorrect). School names reported as opening for 2015-2016 AY included:
- Amled Indian School Dubai
- Dubai British School Jumeirah Park
- German International School Dubai
- Hartland International School
- Ranches Primary School
- St Mary’s Catholic High School Dubai
- Swiss International Scientific School in Dubai
- Al Barsha - Canadian school (Alberta curriculum), K-12, capacity 2,000 places, opening Sep 2015. Canadian International School of Dubai?
- Dubai Investment Park (DIP) - British UK school, FS to Year 2, capacity 750 places, opening Sep 2015. Is the Community West First School (KHDA name)?
- Dubailand - British school, KG-12, capacity 2,100 places, opening Sep 2015. Reference to Al Safa Academy? But ASA already opening Sep 2014 as the Safa Community School in Al Barsha South 3, Dubailand? Or perhaps a reference to Ellesmere College Dubai?
- Emirates Hills - American US school, K-12, capacity 2,600 places, opening Sep 2015. Might be reference to GEMS Nations Academy (KHDA name)?
- Meydan City - British school, K-12, capacity 2,500 places, opening Sep 2015. The Sobha International Academy? Or a reference to Kent College Dubai?
- Nad Al Sheba - American school, K-12, capacity unknown (plot of land not yet located), opening Sep 2015. Reference to the Dubai School of Excellence (KHDA name)?
New schools in opening in Dubai in 2014 (academic year 2014-2015)
List of new schools opening in 2014
- Bilva Indian School, Al Quoz, open March 2014.
- Canadian Ontario International School Dubai (OCIS) - opening Sep 2014 in Mirdif (the old Uptown Primary School location).
- Capital School in Al Qusais, on the site of the School of Research Science which is relocating to a new campus in Al Warqa.
- The Credence High School in Dubai - Indian curriculum school in "Al Khail area" (is actually in Al Quoz 4 community area). Capacity 3,000 students, opening April 2014, project development cost AED 50 million. Indian curriculum - CBSE and XSEED for classes KG to Grade 6, CBSE for Grades 7-12. Officially opened on 25 Mar 2014.
- Dovecote Green Primary School, Dubai Investment Park (DIP), open Sep 2014 for FS1-2 and Year 1, expanding to Years 2-6 in future years.
- Dubai British Foundation (DBF) school - Taaleem school opening Sep 2014 in Jumeirah Islands district, offering British Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum to 3-5 year old children, FS1 and FS2 only. Opposite The Springs or Meadows Town Center (the one with a Spinneys supermarket). Is a branch of the Dubai British School?
- GEMS First Point School (FirstPoint School) - opening September 2014 in The Villa district in Dubailand, British curriculum.
- GEMS Metropole School, Dubai Motor City, opening September 2014, British curriculum.
- *GEMS Sports Academy, Dubai Silicon Oasis. Head of school or Sports Director is James Tucker. Senior school (Years 10-13 only?) offering IB Diploma curriculum for athlete-students. Established, or start date, September 2014? Part of GEMS Wellington Academy ... initially. Same fee structure as GWA? Or program fees AED 70,000? Website www.gemssportsacademy.com (not www.gemssportsacademy.co - typo in some reports). Year 12 only for 2014-2015, Years 10-11 added in 2015-2016 (and presumably Year 12 from 2014-2015 go to Year 13, and new intake of Year 12 in 2015-2016?).
- Kings School Al Barsha - opening FS1 to Year 9 in Sep 2014 in Al Barsha or Al Barsha South, expanding to Year 13 by 2016. Tuition fees AED 50,200-103,200. Opened 16 Sep 2014 although area still looks like a construction site.
- Kings School Nad Al Sheba - opening FS1 to Year 6 in Sep 2014 (delayed from Sep 2013), expanding to secondary school by 2016.
- British International School of Dubai (Nord Anglia Education School Dubai), opening September 2014 in Al Barsha South.
- Safa Community School (SCS) - was originally to be named the Safa British Academy (SBA), British curriculum school opening Sep 2014 in Al Barsha South, Dubailand, near Miracle Gardens.
Other schools in Dubai in 2014 - renamed, relocated, expansion, something else:
- *GEMS Cambridge International School Dubailand - opening in The Villa community Sep 2014, announced in Sep 2012. Renamed as GEMS FirstPoint School?
- *GEMS Wellington School The Villa? Not found, might be a reference to the FirstPoint School.
- *Global International Indian School - probably not in 2014, see note under opening date unknown heading.
- Little GEMS International Pre-school Al Barsha - EYFS curriculum school or kindergarten nursery for children aged 1-4, opening January 2014 in Al Barsha.
- Safa British Academy, opening September 2014 in Dubailand, Al Barsha South 3 area. Announced 29 Aug 2013. Renamed as Safa Community School.
- School of Research Science - relocating from Al Ghusais to a new campus in Al Warqa, Mirdif for Sep 2014.
- Uptown School in Mirdif - IB school expanding to grades 11-12 for Sep 2014 ... maybe, conflicting information supplied. It opened in Sep 2012 for kindergarten classes, Sep 2013 for primary and middle school up to grade 9.
Reports of new schools in Dubai 2014
- 03 Sep 2014 (EB 24-7): List of new schools opened in Dubai in 2014: Credence High School (Indian), Bilva Indian School (Indian), Gems First Point The Villa (UK), Kings Nad Al Sheba (UK, IB), Kings Al Barsha (UK, IB), Ontario International Canadian School (Canadian), Nord Anglia International School (UK), GEMS Metropole Dubai Sports City (UK), Safa Community School (UK), Dovecote Green Primary School (UK), Capital School Al Qusais (UK). List did not include the Dubai British Foundation School, they did not say why. Some errors - both Kings' Schools listed as IB schools but they are not, Kings' Nad Al Sheba listed as FS1 to Year 9 but it only goes up to Year 6.
- 18-27 Mar 2014 (various confusing reports about a KHDA announcement, original KHDA report not provided) - the KHDA said 7 or 8 new schools (different figures reported) would open in Dubai for the 2014-2015 academic year (and another 6 for 2015-2016). There would be 5 British curriculum schools (with a total of 13,000 available places), one Canadian, and one or two Indian schools. School levels will be KG to Grade 12 for six of them, and KG to Grade 6 for the other two (but possibly expanding to Grade 12 in future years). Some new schools omitted from the list - the Taaleem school, and one of the 3 British schools in Al Barsha South (Kings, Safa, or Nord Anglia), unknown why they were omitted. Location information supplied (with school name if provided or what we can figure out):
- Al Barsha - British school, capacity 2,000 students (also reported as 1,700). Nord Anglia International School.
- Al Barsha - British school, capacity 2,100 students (also reported as 1,700). Either Kings Al Barsha School or Safa Community School (in Al Barsha 3, sort of in Dubailand), probably both. The KHDA or some reports of KHDA information said it was "Kings Nad Al Barsha School", and said the Safa Community School (SCS) wasn't opening until Sep 2015 (with name as Al Safa Academy according to the KHDA). SCS themselves say they are going to open in Sep 2014, so does the Kings School.
- Al Ghusais (Al Qusais) - Indian school, capacity 3,000 students. Is the Bilva Indian School, opened Mar 2014.
- Al Quoz 4 - Indian school, capacity 3,000 students. Probably the Credence Indian High School (a K-12 school, not a secondary school), opened primary school only in Mar 2014.
- Dubailand (Dubai Land) - British school, capacity 4,300 students. Probably the GEMS FirstPoint School (called GEMS The Villa by the KHDA).
- Nad Al Sheba (Nad Al Shiba, Nadd Al Sheba) - British school, capacity 1,700 students. Is the Kings School Nad Al Sheba branch (they are also opening a campus in Al Barsha).
- Mirdiff (Mirdif) - Canadian school, capacity 900 students. Is the Ontario International School in Dubai.
- Motorcity (Motor City) - British school, capacity 4,100 students. Is the GEMS Metropole School (called GEMS Motor City by the KHDA).
- 24 Sep 2013 (press conference, Khaleej Times, Gulf News) - The Credence High School - an Indian CBSE curriculum school opening in April 2014 announced at a press conference. School developers plan to open more schools in the UAE including Abu Dhabi and Sharjah as next possible locations.
- 23 Sep 2012 - GEMS Cambridge School announced for The Villa area, Dubailand, British curriculum, opening Sep 2014.
New schools in Dubai 2013 (for 2013-2014 school year)
- *AFLEC Lycee Francais International school - opening in September 2013. Renamed as International Concept for Education (see entry below)?
- Delhi Private School Academy (DPS Academy, Delhi Public School Academy) - open April 2013? Previously reported as the Union Indian International School (UIIS)?
- Foremarke School Dubai - open September 2013, UK curriculum primary school (FS1 to Year 6), located in Dubiotech development, Al Barsha South, part of Evolvence Capital group of schools.
- GEMS International School Al Khail - open September 2013. IB curriculum school for classes KG to Grade 5.
- GEMS New Millennium School Al Khail Road - open April 2013. CBSE Indian curriculum for KG to Grade 6 initially. A "Day-Boarding" school, according to their website, the Millennium schools are "the only CBSE Day-Boarding schools in the UAE". The Millennium School in Al Ghusais (Al Qusais) (which opened in September 2000) says on their website that they are "the only CBSE Day Boarding school in the UAE."
- GEMS Wellington Academy Al Khail
- International Concept for Education (ICE at Meydan or ICE at Dubai) - opening September 2013 for students pre-KG to Grade 2 initially. A bilingual English-French or tri-lingual Arabic-English-French international school offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) and/or a French Ministry of Education curriculum. Location in Meydan City, Nad Al Sheba (Nadd Al Shiba) area. Telephone +971-4-3708668, website www.icedubai.org (not www.icedubai.com). Previously was called Lycee Francais Internationale Meydan or similar, an AFLEC school?
- Kings School Nad Al Sheba (or Kings College Nad Al Sheba) - opening Sep 2013? Delayed until Sep 2014.
- Sabari Indian School (SIS) - opening date April 2013? Near Century Mall in Al Wuheida, CBSE-i (ICBSE) Indian curriculum, opening KG to Grade 5 initially.
- Springdale Indian School Dubai (Springdales School) - opening April 2013. Located off Al Khail Road in Al Quoz 4, CBSE Indian curriculum for KG to Grade 5 initially.
- The Oasis School (previously called The Universal Academy of Education or Excellence) - opening date September 2013 (although was already operating as TUAE from 2012 in a different location, and as BILD Dubai before that).
- Uptown School in Mirdif - International Baccalaureate (IB) school opened in Sep 2012 for pre-KG, KG1, KG2. Opening primary and middle school Sep 2013, senior secondary school Sep 2014.
- Victory Heights School in Dubai - primary school, UK curriculum, in Dubai Sports City.
Other new schools in Dubai not opening after all, renamed, or something else in 2013:
- Bradenton Preparatory Academy Dubai Sports City - not a new school, but taken over by GEMS Education in 2013, American curriculum, classes pre-KG to Grade 12.
- GD Goenka School Dubai - new Indian CBSE curriculum school open September 2013, but is in Sharjah, not Dubai.
- *Global International Indian School - not in 2013 after all, see note under opening date unknown heading.
- The Universal Academy of Excellence - opened in 2012 (was BILD Dubai under new ownership), relocated for September 2013, renamed to The Oasis School in September 2013.
- Union International Indian School (UIIS) in Dubai Academic City, Indian curriculum, KG to Grade 5 initially, capacity 2,000 students, run by the DPS Society, opening April 2013. Renamed as the Delhi Private or Public Academy School or DPS Academy by the time it opened.
Reports of new schools in Dubai
- 04 Sep 2013 (Gulf News) - 9 new schools including 4 Indian curriculum which opened in April 2013, and 5 other curriculum schools opening in September 2013:
- Delhi Private School Academy, GEMS New Millennium School, Sabari Indian School, Springdales Indian School.
- Foremarke School, GEMS Wellington Academy (Al Khail), International Concept for Education, Oasis School, Victory Heights Primary School.
- 03 Sep 2013 (Khaleej Times) - 9 new schools will open in Dubai for the 2013-2014 academic year consisting of 4 Indian curriculum schools already open, and another 5 schools opening in September 2013. The 9 schools will have total capacity of about 20,000 student places or seats, bringing total private school capacity in Dubai from 225,000 in 2012-2013 to 245,000 students in 159 schools for 2013-2014. School names not mentioned in report.
- 06 Mar 2013 (Emirates 24-7) - 11 new schools will open in Dubai in the 2013-2014 academic year according to the KHDA consisting of 4 Indian curriculum schools and 7 IB or British curriculum schools. Total student capacity of the new schools is 28,730 places. New schools mentioned in the report include (the 4 Indian curriculum schools):
- GEMS New Millennium School Al Khail, fees reported as AED 20,000-27,000 for KG to Grade 6, discounted to AED 16,000-21,600 in the first year of operations.
- Sabari Indian School (SIS), fees are AED 11,630-13,430 for KG to Grade 5. Apparently the campus will be enormous, the report said "Spread over 10,000 acres of land," which is the size of a small European city or Manhattan New York ... we guess it was an error.
- Springdales Indian School (SIS), fees given as AED 17,000-23,000 for KG to Grade 5.
- Union International Indian School (UIIS), fees given as AED21,000-30,000 for KG to Grade 5. Update: school appears to have been renamed as the Delhi Public School Academy or similar.
- to 11. not named, just that they would be UK or IB curriculum schools.
- 11 Feb 2013 (Emirates 24-7) - Sabari Indian School in Dubai (SIS) announced. Opening April 2013 for students from KG to Grade 5 initially, expansion to higher grades planned, will follow the Indian CBSE-I curriculum. Fees about AED 1,000 per month (AED 11,870 per annum) for KG to Grade 4 students, AED 13,430 per year for Grade 5 students. Operated by the Sabari Group of India, Sabari Group Chairman is K.R.V. Ramani. School location in Al Wuheida area of Dubai, capacity 800 students. Careers section on school website lists positions vacant.
- 04 Feb 2013 (Emirates 24-7) - The New Millennium School by GEMS on Al Khail Road reported or announced, and Indian CBSE curriculum school. Branches already in Dubai and Sharjah. Opening date April 2013. Registrations open for students from KG1 to Grade 8, school will expand to higher grades in later years. Day-boarding option available for students from Grade 3 and higher. Annual tuition fees AED 20,000 for KG1, up to AED 29,000 for Grade 12.
- 04 Feb 2013 (Emirates 24-7) - Springdales Indian School Dubai, opening April 2013 to students in KG to Grade 5 classes initially, offering Indian CBSE curriculum. Annual tuition fee structure AED 17,000 for KG up to AED 30,000 for Grades 11 and 12. Was previously reported?
- 04 Feb 2013 (Emirates 24-7) - The Indian Academy, opened already in April 2012 for classes from KG to Grade V, expanding in future years to higher levels (one per year). Offering Indian ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) curriculum. Fees are AED 10,000 for KG1 to AED 14,000 for Grade 5 (annual fees).
- 15 Jan 2013 (Emirates 24-7) - Sprindales Indian School Dubai, opening April 2013, admissions and registrations already open (can register online?). Springdales Schools have several branches established in India. Will follow Indian CBSE curriculum, students from kindergarten to Grade 5 admitted initially with plans to offer higher grades, an unnamed school executive reportedly said "It's only until grade 5 but we hope to open the new wing (for grade 6 to grade 12) next year." Annual fees AED 17,000 for kindergarten, to AED 30,000 for grades 11 and 12.
New schools in Dubai in 2012 (academic year 2012-2013)
- Ambassador Kindergarten School - Indian curriculum kindergarten open April 2012 (sort of - was previously part of the Global Indian International School). Located in Al Mankhool.
- new Uptown School Mirdif - international curriculum (IB) school open initially for KG classes in Sep 2012, primary school starts Sep 2013, junior high school classes Sep 2013, senior levels Sep 2014.
- The Indian Academy - Indian curriculum school offering ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education), open April 2012 with classes KG to Grade V initially, planned expansion by one level each year.
Reports of new schools in Dubai 2012-2013
- 13 Aug 2012 (The National) - 4 new schools open, and one school expanded for the 2012-2013 academic year with total capacity of 5,500 students according to KHDA information but school names and curriculum details not supplied. Schools mentioned in the article are:
- Al Ghusais unnamed secondary school, capacity 200 high school students. Opening date not given but might be September 2012. Curriculum information not provided.
- Green Community unnamed school, capacity 2,000 students from KG to Grade 12 level, opening September 2013. Curriculum information not provided.
- Jumeirah unnamed school, capacity increase of 500 students. Reportedly British curriculum.
- Ambassador Kindergarten - began operating in April 2012. An Indian curriculum school.
- The Indian Academy - began operating in April 2012. An Indian curriculum school.
New schools in Dubai 2011
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan School Dubai - new Indian school announced in Aug 2010 as opening in April 2011 ... but it didn't, and no further information since then about any Bhavans school in Dubai (as of Dec 2014).
New schools in Dubai 2010 (academic year 2010-2011)
- *Global International Indian School - opened in April 2010. Update: sort of closed in March 2013, see note under opening date unknown heading.
New schools reported but not open or something else
- Al Manarah International School - senior or high school level boarding school which planned to open September 2010 but unknown what happened. Not open, no further information supplied or found. Website not available (or spam).
New schools in Dubai 2009
New schools in Dubai 2008
- Uptown High School (UHS) - open September 2008 in Muhaisnah 4 (and closed June 2011).
New schools in Dubai 2007
New schools in Dubai 2006
New schools in Dubai 2005 (academic year 2005-2006)
- Uptown Primary School (UPS) - open September 2005 behind Uptown Mirdif, name changed between Uptown School and Uptown Primary School irregularly, campus closed at Uptown Mirdif location and school relocated to new Uptown School complex in Mirdiff September 2013.
Send updates, corrections, details of new schools, closed or relocated schools, etc to education at dubaifaqs dot com.
Last update Sunday 17-Mar-2019
- Study in Dubai - curriculum guide and how to become a bratter expat brat.
- Teaching in Dubai - general Dubai teaching information.
- Special Needs Dubai - special needs institutes in Dubai
- New schools in Dubai - opening during the current academic year, forum topic, add any not in this list.
- New nurseries kindergartens in Dubai - opening during the current academic year, forum topic, add any not in this list.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2018-2019 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.