New schools in Dubai
List of new schools in Dubai
- To add a school in Dubai to this list, start a new topic in the Dubai schools forum. Or send details to education at dubaifaqs dot com.
- School name does not always indicate curriculum or predominant student nationality e.g. some schools with Arabic names are British or international expat schools.
- This list of new schools in Dubai includes private schools open from 2017 to 2019 and schools planned for Dubai.
New nurseries, kindergartens, preschools, daycare, childcare centers in Dubai
- See the Dubai kindergartens and preschools directory list for more information.
New schools in Dubai opening in 2021
- Royal Grammar School Guildford Dubai branch (RGS), in partnership with Cognita Education Group. UK curriculum.
New schools in Dubai opening in 2020
- Arcadia Academy in JVT. Also "Arcadia High School" (KHDA) or "Arcadia Secondary School". Assumed to be opening in Sep 2020, delayed from Sep 2019.
- Bhavans Pearl Wisdom School Dubai, Indian curriculum, opening April 2020 in Hor Al Anz area. Not in KHDA directory for schools opening in 2020.
- [Check] Foremarke School Dubai secondary expansion of primary school, Sep 2020, starting with Year 8 or 9, eventually expanding to Year 13. Refer 05 March 2018 FSD announcement expansion to Years 7 (2018), 8 (2019), and 9 (2020). Additional building construction in 2018 to prepare for expansion.
- Safa British School Jumeirah campus, new branch or relocating from Meydan Rd Al Quoz? Planned opening Sep 2020 with secondary section, school will be FS1 to Year 13, capacity 1,400 places, senior students offered A-levels and BTEC.
- Vernus International School (not Venus Indian School), Dubai Silicon Oasis (DSO), under construction in 2019. Information from EduHub initially said opening September 2016 but obviously it didn't, no update received since then. Maybe Sep 2020?
- 27 Aug 2019: KHDA statement said 3 new schools would open for 2020-2021 academic year. Names and locations not given.
- 24 Aug 2015: A Colliers International report forecast an additional 51 new schools would be needed in Dubai. Report was released in 2014?
New schools in Dubai opening in 2019
- Al Salam Community School, Al Twar 2. Expansion of or transfer from Al Salam Private School, fee schedule (KHDA):
Year Group FS1 FS2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Annual tuition fees (AED) 2019-2020 22,000 22,000 25,000 25,000 27,000 27,000 29,000 29,000 32,500 32,500 24,000 36,000 36,000 38,000 38,000
- Ambassador International Academy, Al Quoz. Website www.aiadubai.com. Delayed from 2018. Fee schedule (KHDA):
Grade (Class) PreKG KG1 KG2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Annual tuition fees (AED) 2019-2020 45,850 51,850 51,850 59,600 59,600 59,600 59,600 59,600
- The Apple International School branch. New branch fee structure (KHDA):
Year FS1 FS2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Annual tuition fees (AED) 2019-2020 10,394 12,301 13,626 15,310 17,000
- Arcadia Academy, fee schedule (KHDA):
Year FS1 FS2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Annual tuition fees (AED) 2019-2020 75,000 80,000 80,000 85,000 85,000 90,000 90,000
- Australian International School Dubai, branch or second campus of AIS in Sharjah. Opening September 2019.
- The English College (not The New English College?), not a new school but merger in January 2019 of the present English College and the Manor Primary School (which was the English College Primary section closed, renamed, reopened). The math is a bit clumsy but looks something like this: TEC+ECP > TEC + !ECP > TEC+MPS = TEC.
- 27 Aug 2019: KHDA statement said 5 new schools opening in 2019-2020 in Dubai, locations: Al Quoz, Al Qusais, Al Twar 2, Jebel Ali, JVT. School names not given.
New schools in Dubai to be added (Mar 2019 update)
Education providers to be added, section moved to new schools in UAE page.
- [Confusion, maybe was GEMS Sports Academy, which closed in 2017?] GEMS United Academy, open planned Sep 2016, related to Bradenton Prep Academy? BPA renamed as GEMS United School in 2018. See also GEMS Sports Academy DSO 2014.
- 24 March 2019: GEMS United Academy, US curriculum school for Nursery/KG to Grade 12. Not to be confused with the GEMS United Indian School in Abu Dhabi. Open September 2016?
- [Rename as GEMS Wellington Academy DSO?] GEMS Wellington Academy Silicon Oasis. Same as Wellington Academy Dubai. Official name is GWA DSO, WASO, WAD or something else? See also GWA Al Khail.
- Himayah Kindergarten for Education Karama, established June 2000? KHDA 247.
- Himayah School for Education Boys Deira (Abu Hail) (not Diera)
- KHDA 5522: open Sep 2018, location Abu Hail, UAE Ministry of Education (MOE) curriculum, tel +971-4-3482255, fax +971-4-3481144, email email@example.com. Level: grades 1-8. No fees.
- Himayah School for Education Girls Al Karama (Hemayah), school for children of Dubai Police employees, free education.
- KHDA 5523: establishment date 27 Sep 2018, location Karama, UAE MOE curriculum, tel +971-4-3482255, fax +971-4-3481144. Website www.dubaipolice.gov.ae, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Level: grades 1-8. No fees.
- Newlands School Dubai, fee schedule (KHDA):
Year group FS1 FS2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Annual tuition fees (AED) 2017-2018 19,200 19,200 23,400 23,400 23,400 23,400 26,400 26,400 28,800 28,800
- Renaissance School Dubai, fee schedule:
Grade PreKG KG1 KG2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Annual tuition fees (AED) 2018-2020 35,000 35,000 35,000 42,000 42,000 45,000 45,000
- Singapore International School Dubai. Not a real school but advertisements for it or similar sounding names seen. Probably a reference to the Global Indian International School Dubai which is part of the Singapore based GSF group, or possibly Raffles International School or Raffles World Academy in Dubai.
- [Check] The Winchester School Jebel Ali, not a new school, renamed from The Winchester School Dubai (GEMS)?
Updates done > Mar 2019
- ✓ Ajyal British School Dubai, unknown opening date.
- ✓ Al Mawakeb School Al Khawaneej, Sep 2018.
- ✓ Al Salam Community School, Sep or Oct 2019.
- ✓ Ambassador International Academy, Sep 2019.
- ✓ Amled School Dubai, Apr 2015.
- ✓ Amity Indian School Dubai, Apr 2017.
- Bright Riders School Dubai, Apr 2018.
- Brighton College Dubai, Sep 2018.
- ✓ British Columbia Canadian School, Sep 2017. Closed Jul 2018.
- ✓ Canadian World School Dubai: see World Canadian School Dubai.
- ✓ Dubai Heights Academy, Sep 2017.
- ✓ Dunecrest American School, Sep 2018.
- ✓ Dwight School Dubai, Sep 2018.
- Fairgreen International School, Sep 2018.
- ✓ Kent College Dubai, opened 2016, updated.
- ✓ Millfield School Dubai, no date.
- ✓ Newlands School, Sep 2017.
- North London Collegiate School Dubai, Sep 2017
- Rising School Dubai, Sep 2017
- ✓ Riverston School Dubai, Sep 2018.
- ✓ Sherborne School Dubai, not an existing school, no plans that we know of.
- ✓ Smart Vision School, Al Barsha, September 2016.
- ✓ Solomon International School, DPC, unknown opening date (was 2018).
- ✓ The Alpha School, Sep 2017.
- ✓ The Aquila School, Sep 2018.
- ✓ The Arbor School, Sep 2018.
- ✓ Vernus International School, maybe Sep 2020.
- ✓ World Canadian School Dubai, abandoned?
>> Mar 2019
- ✓ Arcadia Academy, maybe Sep 2020, in JVT.
- Clarion School Dubai, Sep 2016.
- ✓ DEWA Academy, Sep 2017 or 2013 or 2014.
- ✓ Dubai American Academy (renamed as GEMS Dubai American Academy).
- ✓ Dubai American Academy Nations (GEMS), see GEMS Dubai American Academy.
- ✓ Dubai International Academy Al Barsha, Sep 2018, in old DAA location.
- ✓ GEMS Al Barsha National School for Boys, Sep 2017.
- ✓ GEMS Al Barsha National School for Girls, Sep 2016.
- ✓ GEMS Dubai American Academy (new name).
- ✓ GEMS Founders School Al Barsha.
- ✓ GEMS Founders School Al Mizhar.
- ✓ GEMS Heritage Indian School Dubai, Apr 2016.
- ✓ GEMS Nations Academy (updated).
- ✓ GEMS School of Digital Futures, Sep 2019 but not open.
- GEMS United School, BPA renamed in Jul 2018.
- ✓ GEMS Vertus School, Sep 2019 but not open.
- ✓ Ignite School Dubai, Sep 2018.
- Lycee Francais Jean Mermoz Dubai, Sep 2017.
- Next Generation School Dubai, Sep 2016.
- ✓ Renaissance School Dubai, fee table above, Sep 2018.
- South View School Dubai, Sep 2018.
End Mar 2019 update list section
- Foremarke Hall School Dubai > Foremarke School Dubai, secondary expansion
New schools in Dubai opening date unknown, under consideration, etc
- Ajyal British or International School Dubai, Al Khawaneej, unknown opening date (was 2018 ... 2019). Bin Omeir Education Foundation (BOEF) operates an Ajyal school in Abu Dhabi. There was an entry in KHDA school directory for Sep 2018 opening but no longer there. No other confirmed information about opening a branch in Dubai.
- Al Furjan Primary School and Al Furjan Secondary School, Arcadia Education schools, no timeline for opening date yet. Not related to The Arbor School, opened in Al Furjan Sep 2018.
- Dubai Sustainable City school - Dec 2013 reports said construction contract would be awarded by Feb 2014. DSC completion planned for sometime in 2015.
- *Ellesmere College Dubai (ECD) - job advertisements in Dec 2013 for a Founding Head seemed to indicate school would open either September 2014 or September 2015. But not in KHDA list of new schools for 2014 or 2015 published March 2014, at least not by name - the list included a new British school in Dubailand which might be a reference to ECD. [Update - might open in Sep 2015 according to developer in Dubai].
- GEMS Cambridge International School Al Quoz - proposed in 2009 or earlier but few details provided. Current status unknown.
- GEMS Cambridge International School Jumeirah Village - proposed in 2009 or earlier but few details provided. Current status unknown.
- *GEMS Modern Academy - not a new school, a new name for the GEMS Modern High School in Dubai, date of change not given. Was in 2013-2014?
- *GEMS Our Own English High School Discovery Gardens - unknown if it is even a proposed or planned school. Was mentioned in a Nov 2012 investment document from GEMS but only the school name and an artist's impression picture supplied. No other information provided.
- GEMS School of Digital Futures, Dubailand, opening Sep 2019 ... but didn't open, status unknown.
- GEMS Vertus School, Al Waha, Dubailand, delayed to Sep 2019 from Sep 2018, not in GEMS directory, renamed as SDF?
- GEMS Winchester School Motor City Dubai - unknown, just a name seen. Possibly a reference to the GEMS Metropole School in Dubai Motorcity (open Sep 2014).
- JSS Academy Jumeirah Village Circle (JVC), near Al Khail Rd, in JVC District 10. Not clear if institute name is JSS Academy or related to it. Nor if it is a tertiary or lower level institute.
- Jumeirah Park school by Taaleem - probably a reference to the British school they are opening in 2015.
- Jumeirah Park nursery by Taaleem - probably a reference to the British pre-school opening in Jumeirah Islands in 2014.
- Jumeirah Triangle Academy (JTA Primary School) - might be reference to Arcadia Primary School or Arcadia Secondary School, or a different school. No information found other than related to the Arcadia schools.
- Meritorious Network Pakistani school Dubai - vague comment, no specific plans provided.
- Millfield School Dubai. Proposed in 2012 with JV agreement signed. Progress update in 2013 but no further news since then (as of Mar 2019).
- Nehru World School - Indian school operator considering expansion into the UAE, but no definite plans (TN report 29 Sep 2015).
- Primus Indian School Dubai - not a new school, is Rajagiri Indian School renamed (renamed when?).
- Solomon School or Academy Dubai, IMPZ, originally planned for 2018, didn't open, or in 2019. Unknown if plans still active.
- Taleem School Dubailand - first announced in 2005 with opening date planned for 2008. In 2010 project abandoned or postponed indefinitely.
- Taleem School Jumeirah Village? Unknown, vague information, might be a reference to the Taleem British Schools in Jumeirah Islands or Jumeirah Park.
- World Canadian School Dubai. Initial information said opening planned for Sep 2018. School building and website both under construction as of Mar 2019. Construction site looks abandoned as of Nov 2019.
New school reports (opening date not given or unclear)
- 02 Nov 2013 (Khaleej Times) - Beaconhouse Education Group plans to open more schools in the UAE. Unclear from report whether in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, or somewhere else. Location and opening dates not provided but maybe in 2014. Danial Kasuri (Daniel?), Executive Director and MENA region Head for Beaconhouse was quoted as saying "We are looking to acquire existing schools with 400 to 500 students and develop the school before creating our own purpose-built school. ... We intend to have a large physical presence in the Middle East and by next year we would have acquired land or an existing school in the UAE. We would start with a British curriculum school before introducing the International Baccalaureate (IB) syllabi."
- 23 Oct 2013 (Gulf News) - Meritorious School Network founder and CEO quoted in report, which said he was considering establishing schools in Dubai and Sharjah, but didn't say when. No other information found or provided.
- 07 Oct 2013 (The National) - report saying the KHDA projected there would be 90,000 places in 60 new or expanding schools in Dubai in the next 5 years (from 2013-2018), with 50,000 places in British curriculum schools by 2020 catered to in 4 to 5 new or expanded schools each year until then. Other developments in the same report mentioned:
- Taaleem - new school opening in Jumeirah Park in 2015, capacity 1,600 students, curriculum and level not specified.
- Taaleem - foundation stage early childhood center or nursery school opening in 2014 in Jumeirah Islands community as a feeder pre-school for a new Dubai British School by Taaleem (opening date not given).
- 22 Oct 2013 (GEMS press release) - GEMS said they would open 10 new schools in the UAE by October 2014 but didn't say where. The Gulf News version said the schools would be in Abu Dhabi, Dubai and RAK but didn't say where that information came from.
New schools in Dubai in 2022
2019, 2020, 2021 see above
New schools in Dubai in 2018
- Al Mawakeb School Al Khawaneej - open Sep 2018, part of Al Mawakeb Schools group, operated by AMSI.
- Ambassador School another campus opening in Al Khail Gate by the end of 2018? No, delayed until Sep 2019.
- Bright Riders Dubai branch, CBSE curriculum, open April 2018 in Dubai Investments Park (DIP).
- Brighton College Dubai, Al Barsha South, September 2018, British curriculum.
- Dubai International Academy Al Barsha, IB curriculum.
- Dunecrest American School, US curriculum with IB for Grades 11-12, open September 2018 in Majan area.
- Dwight School Dubai, IB World School, open September 2018 in Al Barsha South.
- Fairgreen International School, IB school, open September 2018 in Dubailand Sustainable City.
- GEMS Founders School Al Mizhar, September 2018.
- Ignite School, US and UAE MOE curriculum?
- Renaissance School Dubai, open Oct 2018 in Dubai Sports City.
- Riverston School Dubai, British curriculum.
- Southview School (South View School), Sep 2018.
- The Aquila School Dubailand, UK primary school expanding to secondary in later years, open September 2018.
- The Arbor School, British curriculum, Al Furjan area, open September 2018.
- GEMS Heritage Indian School, opened in Apr 2016 in Al Barsha, moved to new campus in Dubailand Apr 2018.
- GEMS United School, is Bradenton Preparatory Academy renamed (Jul 2018), BPA became a GEMS school in 2013.
New school reports
- 2018 Aug 28, Gulf News "At least 20 new schools opening in Dubai, Abu Dhabi", said 13 in Dubai and 7 in Abu Dhabi.
Almost the same list as the KT report a few days earlier.
Abu Dhabi school names not given.
- Additions: Bright Riders (CBSE curriculum), Dubai International Academy Al Barsha (IB), Ignite School (US), Riverston School Dubai (UK).
- Ommissions: Ambassador School, Solomon School and the Sharjah GEMS school.
- 2018 Aug 23, Khaleej Times (reported 11 or 12 or 13 new schools in Dubai, one from Sharjah included in the list): "Dubai to have over dozen new schools this academic year ... About 13 new schools are opening in Dubai this academic year ... The 12 New Schools ...". There were 12 school names given including the one in Sharjah, odd entries included:
- Ambassador School Al Mankhool. An odd inclusion, it opened in Apr 2010, no information given in KT report except for the name. Unless it's a reference to the new Ambassador School branch opening in Al Khail Gate by the end of 2018.
- [Sharjah] GEMS New Our Own Private High School Sharjah
- "Soloman International School" [sic], presumably a typo for Solomon International School.
New schools open in Dubai in 2017
- Amity Indian School Dubai. Open Apr 2017 in Al Gusais School Zone, fee range AED 15,000-26,000.
- [Closed in 2018] British Columbia Canadian School, open Sep 2017 in Dubai Investments Park (DIP).
- CMI Group Indian School Dubai, a second Dubai school planned after opening their first school in April 2015, the Amled School. CMI also plan to open a school in Abu Dhabi and in Sharjah.
- DEWA Academy, UK BTEC for Years 10-12 only (Emiratis and/or DEWA employees only), Al Hudaiba. First opened in 2013?
- Dubai Heights Academy, British curriculum, location Al Barsha South, open September 2017, fees AED 44,200-58,400.
- GEMS Dubai American Academy (Dubai American Academy Nations), not a new school, merger of GEMS Nations Academy (GNA) and Dubai American Academy, sort of a continuation of DAA but moved to the GNA campus location.
- GEMS National School for Boys, Al Barsha South, UK and UAE curriculum for Arab Muslim students, delayed opening from September 2016?
- Global Indian International School (GIIS-Dubai), (re) opened Sep 2017, fees AED 27,000-37,000. See also GIIS Abu Dhabi.
- Lycee Francais Jean Mermoz, in Al Quoz 1, French school, fee range AED 36,000-46,000, delayed from 2016.
- Newlands School Dubai, UK curriculum, in Al Warqa area, open Sep 2017, AED 19,200-26,400 fees.
- North London Collegiate School in Meydan, Dubai branch of UK school but IB not UK curriculum, fees AED 83,000-130,000.
- The Alpha School, Sep 2017, British primary school in Al Qusais area.
- The Rising School, open Sep 2017 in Nad Al Sheba 4, American curriculum, primary school.
10 new schools open in 2017, KHDA press release 20 May 2017. All open September 2017 except Amity School which opened in April 2017.
- Amity Indian School
- British Columbia Canadian School in Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum City. Fee range AED 40,000-60,000.
- DEWA Academy
- Dubai Heights Academy
- Global Indian International School in Al Barsha. See the previous GIIS in Dubai.
- Lycee Francais Jean Mermoz
- Newlands School Dubai.
- North London Collegiate School
- Rising School, Nad Al Sheba, American curriculum, fees AED 38,000-55,000.
- The Alpha School, Al Ghusais, British curriculum, fee range AED 22,280-28,500.
New schools in Dubai opening in 2016
Safa British School is not a new school, is a new name and website for 2016-2017 for Safa Private School on Meydan Road.
List of schools with opening dates confirmed for 2016
- Arcadia Primary School (Arcadia Preparatory School), UK curriculum, JVT area, Sep 2016.
- Clarion School Al Quoz, American curriculum, Sep 2016 for PreKG to Grade 2, Grade 3 will start in Sep 2017.
- GEMS Founders School, UK curriculum, in Al Barsha, FS1 to Year 6, expanding to Year 13 eventually.
- GEMS Heritage Indian School, Indian CBSE curriculum school for Nursery/KG to Grade IX, open April 2016.
- GEMS National School for Girls, Al Barsha South, UK and UAE curriculum for Arab Muslim students.
- GEMS Nations Academy, American curriculum school in Al Barsha, fee range AED 84,000-118,000 for KG to Grade 8.
- [Confusion, maybe was GEMS Sports Academy] GEMS United Academy, opening Sep 2016, in BPA campus or different location? See also GEMS Sports Academy DSO 2014.
- 24 March 2016: GEMS United Academy, location Dubai Sports City, US curriculum similar to Dubai American Academy. Not to be confused with GEMS Nations Academy in Dubai, or GEMS United Indian School in Abu Dhabi. Founding head will be Dan Young, previously head at GEMS World Academy and Dubai American Academy. Opening September 2016 for Grades 6-8, expanding to senior and elementary levels in later years. Capacity 2,000 students.
Other schools planned or under consideration for 2016 but not confirmed, opening date changed, or need update
- GEMS Al Barsha National schools, 2 schools, one for girls (2016) and one for boys (delayed to 2017).
- GEMS New Millennium School Al Khail expansion.
- Lycée Français Jean Mermoz, French school, AL Quoz, opening Sep 2016 ... delayed to Sep 2017.
- Swiss International School Dubai - opening date was in 2016 according to initial information, changed to Sep 2015.
- [Rumour or incorrect information] Wellington College Dubai campus (UK). No public information on WC website wellingtoncollege.org.uk, but does have a presence at the British Boarding Schools Show in Dubai March 2016 for parents interested in boarding their children at WC in the UK. Not related to GEMS Wellington International School, Academy (2 nos), or Primary School in Dubai.
- ✓ Vernus International School, Silicon Oasis (DSO), opening Sep 2016 said owners EduHub. Delayed to 2019...2020.
New school reports
- 15 Mar 2016 (The National): 20 private schools to open in Dubai in 2016-2017 academic year. Currently there are 173 private schools in Dubai, with 11 new schools in 2014 and 2015, and 7 opening in 2016.
- 13 Mar 2016: About 15 to 20 new schools will open in Dubai in 2016 according to comments made by Dr Abdulla Karam, head of the KHDA, at an event releasing the KHDA Education Landscape Report. School names and other details were not given. The Khaleej Times said ... details of the school curriculum and locations will be revealed by June or July this year once school principals are appointed.
- "Anything between 15 and 20 schools could open in Dubai this year." - Khaleej Times
- "We are expecting 15 to 20 schools to open next year. This is the highest number of schools opening in one year that we have ever witnessed." - Gulf News 13 Mar 2016.
- 28 Feb 2016 (GEMS press release): GEMS will open 7 new schools in the UAE for 2016-2017 academic year, six in Dubai and one in Abu Dhabi. Two Indian, three UK, and two US curriculum schools.
One more GEMS Indian curriculum school planned for Sharjah in 2017?
- GEMS Al Barsha National School for Boys, UK, in Dubai.
- GEMS Al Barsha National School for Girls, UK, in Dubai.
- GEMS Founders School, UK, in Dubai.
- GEMS Heritage Indian School in Dubai.
- GEMS Nations Academy in Dubai.
- GEMS United Academy, US, in Dubai.
- GEMS United Indian School in Abu Dhabi.
- 29 Sep 2015 (TN): 21 new schools to open for 2016-2017 academic year according to comments made by the KHDA at the International and Private Schools Education Forum (29 Sep to 01 Oct 2015 in Dubai).
- 23 Aug 2015 (various reports of KHDA statement): 27 new schools opening in Dubai by 2016. Might include schools open in Sep 2015 for the 2015-2016 academic year. Names, locations, etc not given, except for some already opened in 2015.
New schools in Dubai opening in 2015 (for 2015-2016 academic year)
- Al Safa Academy - opening in 2015 in Dubailand area according to the KHDA in March 2014, or reports of KHDA information. But seems more likely to be a reference to the Safa British Academy (Safa Community School) which plans to open in September 2014 (at least, that's what the Safa Schools Group said in March 2014), unless there's a delay and a change of name that hasn't been made public yet. No other information provided or found.
- Ambassador School Dubai - already exists in Al Mankhool area, opened as Global Indian International School in April 2010, name changed to Ambassador Education or School in April 2013. But school brochure has a picture of a new campus and says "Ambassador School, Dubai - Opening April 2015". Unknown if that means existing school is relocating or another AE school is opening in Dubai. No futher information supplied or found.
- Amled Indian School, Indian CBSE curriculum school open Apr 2015 in Al Quoz 4 area.
- *Canadian International School in Dubai (KHDA Mar 2014), K-12 school, fee range AED 37,000-73,000, location not clear - KHDA says no land assigned yet, other reports said it would be in Al Barsha. Unknown if related to the Canadian British Columbia curriculum school in Dubai proposed in 2008 or 2009 - probably not according to Mar 2014 information from the KHDA which says it will have an Alberta curriculum. Not related to the Ontario International School opening in Mirdiff in September 2014.
- *Community West First School, Dubai Investment Park (DIP) (KHDA Mar 2014) - British Curriculum, FS2 to Year 2 only, capacity 750 students, fees AED 42,000-44,000, opening Sep 2015.
- *Dubai British School Jumeirah Park, Taaleem British curriculum school, location Jumeirah Park district, Years 1-13 (not FS1, FS2), might be near the Taaleem Dubai British Foundation School in Jumeirah Islands. Opening date planned for Sep 2015.
- *Dubai School of Excellence, Nad Al Sheba (KHDA Mar 2014) - American curriculum K12 school, fees ranging from 38,000 to 75,000, opening Sep 2015.
- Durham International School Dubai - opening planned for September 2015, initially for KG-Grade 6 or 7, to Grade 12 eventually. Location, fees, not provided. UK curriculum with IGCSE and IB qualifications.
- Hartland International School, in Sobha Hartland project, MBR City, Meydan area, opening Sep 2015, announced Nov 2014. Fee range AED 49,750-65,000, UK and International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum.
- Islamic International School Dubai (IIS) - opening in 2015, being established by Dr Zakir Naik as the first overseas branch of IIS in Mumbai, India.
- Ranches Primary School, UK curriculum, Arabian Ranches 2, open September 2015.
- *Sobha International Academy, location Meydan City (KHDA Mar 2014), K-12 British curriculum school, capacity 2,500 places, fees AED 37,000-74,000. Unknown if any connection to the Kent College announced in Mar 2013 for Meydan City.
- Swiss International Scientific School of Dubai - opening date originally given as Sep 2016, revised to Sep 2015. Name changed from Swiss International School to Swiss International Scientific School in 2014 or 2015.
Other, or need update
- Ellesmere College Dubai branch - of the UK Ellesmere College, in partnership with Goldline Group in Dubai. Goldline said in Jul or Aug 2014 that the school would open in Sep 2015, but not much information provided to support that forecast.
- [Delayed to Sep 2016] GEMS Nations Academy, Sep 2015, Emirates Hills area according to KHDA information March 2014.
- German International School Dubai?
- St Mary’s Catholic High School Dubai, UK.
New school reports
- 29 Sep 2015 (TN): "Only 11 private schools opened for the 2014-2015 academic year and only seven this year, he said", referring to comments made by Dr Abdulla Al Karam, DG of the KHDA. Seems to conflict with reports in Aug 2015 that 11 schools opened for 2015-2016 academic year (or previous report information was incorrect). School names reported as opening for 2015-2016 AY included:
- Amled Indian School Dubai
- Dubai British School Jumeirah Park
- German International School Dubai
- Hartland International School
- Ranches Primary School
- St Mary’s Catholic High School Dubai
- Swiss International Scientific School in Dubai
- Al Barsha - Canadian school (Alberta curriculum), K-12, capacity 2,000 places, opening Sep 2015. Canadian International School of Dubai?
- Dubai Investment Park (DIP) - British UK school, FS to Year 2, capacity 750 places, opening Sep 2015. Is the Community West First School (KHDA name)?
- Dubailand - British school, KG-12, capacity 2,100 places, opening Sep 2015. Reference to Al Safa Academy? But ASA already opening Sep 2014 as the Safa Community School in Al Barsha South 3, Dubailand? Or perhaps a reference to Ellesmere College Dubai?
- Emirates Hills - American school, K-12, capacity 2,600 places, opening Sep 2015. Might be reference to GEMS Nations Academy.
- Meydan City - British school, K-12, capacity 2,500 places, opening Sep 2015. The Sobha International Academy? Or a reference to Kent College Dubai?
- Nad Al Sheba - American school, K-12, capacity unknown (plot of land not yet located), opening Sep 2015. Reference to the Dubai School of Excellence (KHDA name)?
List of new schools in Dubai 2014 (academic year 2014-2015)
- Bilva Indian School, Al Quoz, open March 2014.
- Canadian Ontario International School Dubai (OCIS) - opening Sep 2014 in Mirdif (the old Uptown Primary School location).
- Capital School in Al Qusais, on the site of the School of Research Science which is relocating to a new campus in Al Warqa.
- The Credence High School in Dubai - Indian curriculum school in "Al Khail area" (is actually in Al Quoz 4 community area). Capacity 3,000 students, opening April 2014, project development cost AED 50 million. Indian curriculum - CBSE and XSEED for classes KG to Grade 6, CBSE for Grades 7-12. Officially opened on 25 Mar 2014.
- Dovecote Green Primary School, Dubai Investment Park (DIP), open Sep 2014 for FS1-2 and Year 1, expanding to Years 2-6 in future years.
- Dubai British Foundation (DBF) school - Taaleem school opening Sep 2014 in Jumeirah Islands district, offering British Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum to 3-5 year old children, FS1 and FS2 only. Opposite The Springs or Meadows Town Center (the one with a Spinneys supermarket). Is a branch of the Dubai British School?
- GEMS First Point School (FirstPoint School), open September 2014 in The Villa district in Dubailand, British curriculum.
- GEMS Metropole School, Dubai Motor City, opening September 2014, British curriculum.
- *GEMS Sports Academy, Dubai Silicon Oasis. Head of school or Sports Director is James Tucker. Senior school (Years 10-13 only?) offering IB Diploma curriculum for athlete-students. Established, or start date, September 2014? Part of GEMS Wellington Academy ... initially. Same fee structure as GWA? Or program fees AED 70,000? Website www.gemssportsacademy.com (not www.gemssportsacademy.co - typo in some reports). Year 12 only for 2014-2015, Years 10-11 added in 2015-2016 (and presumably Year 12 from 2014-2015 go to Year 13, and new intake of Year 12 in 2015-2016?).
- Kings School Al Barsha - opening FS1 to Year 9 in Sep 2014 in Al Barsha or Al Barsha South, expanding to Year 13 by 2016. Tuition fees AED 50,200-103,200. Opened 16 Sep 2014 although area still looks like a construction site.
- Kings School Nad Al Sheba - opening FS1 to Year 6 in Sep 2014 (delayed from Sep 2013), expanding to secondary school by 2016.
- British International School of Dubai (Nord Anglia Education School Dubai), opening September 2014 in Al Barsha South.
- Safa Community School (SCS) - was originally to be named the Safa British Academy (SBA), British curriculum school opening Sep 2014 in Al Barsha South, Dubailand, near Miracle Gardens.
Other schools in Dubai in 2014 - renamed, relocated, expansion, something else:
- GEMS Cambridge International School Dubailand - opening in The Villa community Sep 2014, announced in Sep 2012. Assume renamed as GEMS FirstPoint School.
- GEMS The Villa School, in KHDA announcement but assume is reference to the GEMS FirstPoint School in The Villa area.
- GEMS Wellington School The Villa? Not found, probably a reference to the FirstPoint School which had "Meet the Principal" events at GEMS Wellington Academy in Silicon Oasis.
- *Global International Indian School - not in 2014, opened in 2017.
- Little GEMS International Pre-school Al Barsha - EYFS curriculum school or kindergarten nursery for children aged 1-4, opening January 2014 in Al Barsha.
- Safa British Academy, opening September 2014 in Dubailand, Al Barsha South 3 area. Announced 29 Aug 2013. Renamed as Safa Community School.
- School of Research Science - relocating from Al Ghusais to a new campus in Al Warqa, Mirdif for Sep 2014.
- Uptown School in Mirdif - IB school expanding to grades 11-12 for Sep 2014 ... maybe, conflicting information supplied. It opened in Sep 2012 for kindergarten classes, Sep 2013 for primary and middle school up to grade 9.
Reports of new schools in Dubai 2014
- 03 Sep 2014 (EB 24-7): List of new schools opened in Dubai in 2014: Credence High School (Indian), Bilva Indian School (Indian), GEMS FirstPoint The Villa (UK), Kings Nad Al Sheba (UK, IB), Kings Al Barsha (UK, IB), Ontario International Canadian School (Canadian), Nord Anglia International School (UK), GEMS Metropole Dubai Sports City (UK), Safa Community School (UK), Dovecote Green Primary School (UK), Capital School Al Qusais (UK). List did not include the Dubai British Foundation School, they did not say why. Some errors - both Kings' Schools listed as IB schools but they are not, Kings' Nad Al Sheba listed as FS1 to Year 9 but it only goes up to Year 6.
- 18-27 Mar 2014 (various confusing reports about a KHDA announcement, original KHDA report not provided) - the KHDA said 7 or 8 new schools (different figures reported) would open in Dubai for the 2014-2015 academic year (and another 6 for 2015-2016). There would be 5 British curriculum schools (with a total of 13,000 available places), one Canadian, and one or two Indian schools. School levels will be KG to Grade 12 for six of them, and KG to Grade 6 for the other two (but possibly expanding to Grade 12 in future years). Some new schools omitted from the list - the Taaleem school, and one of the 3 British schools in Al Barsha South (Kings, Safa, or Nord Anglia), unknown why they were omitted. Location information supplied (with school name if provided or what we can figure out):
- Al Barsha - British school, capacity 2,000 students (also reported as 1,700). Nord Anglia International School.
- Al Barsha - British school, capacity 2,100 students (also reported as 1,700). Either Kings Al Barsha School or Safa Community School (in Al Barsha 3, sort of in Dubailand), probably both. The KHDA or some reports of KHDA information said it was "Kings Nad Al Barsha School", and said the Safa Community School (SCS) wasn't opening until Sep 2015 (with name as Al Safa Academy according to the KHDA). SCS themselves say they are going to open in Sep 2014, so does the Kings School.
- Al Ghusais (Al Qusais) - Indian school, capacity 3,000 students. Is the Bilva Indian School, opened Mar 2014.
- Al Quoz 4 - Indian school, capacity 3,000 students. Probably the Credence Indian High School (a K-12 school, not a secondary school), opened primary school only in Mar 2014.
- Dubailand (Dubai Land) - British school, capacity 4,300 students. Probably the GEMS FirstPoint School (called GEMS The Villa by the KHDA).
- Nad Al Sheba (Nad Al Shiba, Nadd Al Sheba) - British school, capacity 1,700 students. Is the Kings School Nad Al Sheba branch (they are also opening a campus in Al Barsha).
- Mirdiff (Mirdif) - Canadian school, capacity 900 students. Is the Ontario International School in Dubai.
- Motorcity (Motor City) - British school, capacity 4,100 students. Is the GEMS Metropole School (called GEMS Motor City by the KHDA).
- 24 Sep 2013 (press conference, Khaleej Times, Gulf News) - The Credence High School - an Indian CBSE curriculum school opening in April 2014 announced at a press conference. School developers plan to open more schools in the UAE including Abu Dhabi and Sharjah as next possible locations.
- 23 Sep 2012 - GEMS Cambridge School announced for The Villa area, Dubailand, British curriculum, opening Sep 2014.
New schools in Dubai 2013 (for 2013-2014 school year)
- *AFLEC Lycee Francais International school - opening in September 2013. Renamed as International Concept for Education (see entry below)?
- Delhi Private School Academy (DPS Academy, Delhi Public School Academy) - open April 2013? Previously reported as the Union Indian International School (UIIS)?
- Foremarke School Dubai - open September 2013, UK curriculum primary school (FS1 to Year 6), located in Dubiotech development, Al Barsha South, part of Evolvence Capital group of schools.
- GEMS International School Al Khail - open September 2013. IB curriculum school for classes KG to Grade 5.
- GEMS New Millennium School Al Khail Road - open April 2013. CBSE Indian curriculum for KG to Grade 6 initially. A "Day-Boarding" school, according to their website, the Millennium schools are "the only CBSE Day-Boarding schools in the UAE". The Millennium School in Al Ghusais (Al Qusais) (which opened in September 2000) says on their website that they are "the only CBSE Day Boarding school in the UAE."
- GEMS Wellington Academy Al Khail, UK curriculum to IGCSE, from FS1 to Year 12. Sister school to Wellington Academy DSO.
- International Concept for Education (ICE at Meydan or ICE at Dubai) - opening September 2013 for students pre-KG to Grade 2 initially. A bilingual English-French or tri-lingual Arabic-English-French international school offering the International Baccalaureate (IB) and/or a French Ministry of Education curriculum. Location in Meydan City, Nad Al Sheba (Nadd Al Shiba) area. Telephone +971-4-3708668, website www.icedubai.org (not www.icedubai.com). Previously was called Lycee Francais Internationale Meydan or similar, an AFLEC school?
- Kings School Nad Al Sheba (or Kings College Nad Al Sheba) - opening Sep 2013? Delayed until Sep 2014.
- Sabari Indian School (SIS) - opening date April 2013? Near Century Mall in Al Wuheida, CBSE-i (ICBSE) Indian curriculum, opening KG to Grade 5 initially.
- Springdale Indian School Dubai (Springdales School) - opening April 2013. Located off Al Khail Road in Al Quoz 4, CBSE Indian curriculum for KG to Grade 5 initially.
- The Oasis School (previously called The Universal Academy of Education or Excellence) - opening date September 2013 (although was already operating as TUAE from 2012 in a different location, and as BILD Dubai before that).
- Uptown School in Mirdif - International Baccalaureate (IB) school opened in Sep 2012 for pre-KG, KG1, KG2. Opening primary and middle school Sep 2013, senior secondary school Sep 2014.
- Victory Heights School in Dubai - primary school, UK curriculum, in Dubai Sports City.
Other new schools in Dubai not opening after all, renamed, or something else in 2013:
- Bradenton Preparatory Academy Dubai Sports City - not a new school, but taken over by GEMS Education in 2013, American curriculum, classes pre-KG to Grade 12.
- GD Goenka School Dubai - new Indian CBSE curriculum school open September 2013, but is in Sharjah, not Dubai.
- Global International Indian School - not in 2013 after all, delayed until 2014 ... 2017.
- The Universal Academy of Excellence - opened in 2012 (was BILD Dubai under new ownership), relocated for September 2013, renamed to The Oasis School in September 2013.
- Union International Indian School (UIIS) in Dubai Academic City, Indian curriculum, KG to Grade 5 initially, capacity 2,000 students, run by the DPS Society, opening April 2013. Renamed as the Delhi Private or Public Academy School or DPS Academy by the time it opened.
Reports of new schools in Dubai
- 04 Sep 2013 (Gulf News) - 9 new schools including 4 Indian curriculum which opened in April 2013, and 5 other curriculum schools opening in September 2013:
- Delhi Private School Academy, GEMS New Millennium School, Sabari Indian School, Springdales Indian School.
- Foremarke School, GEMS Wellington Academy (Al Khail), International Concept for Education, Oasis School, Victory Heights Primary School.
- 03 Sep 2013 (Khaleej Times) - 9 new schools will open in Dubai for the 2013-2014 academic year consisting of 4 Indian curriculum schools already open, and another 5 schools opening in September 2013. The 9 schools will have total capacity of about 20,000 student places or seats, bringing total private school capacity in Dubai from 225,000 in 2012-2013 to 245,000 students in 159 schools for 2013-2014. School names not mentioned in report.
- 06 Mar 2013 (Emirates 24-7) - 11 new schools will open in Dubai in the 2013-2014 academic year according to the KHDA consisting of 4 Indian curriculum schools and 7 IB or British curriculum schools. Total student capacity of the new schools is 28,730 places. New schools mentioned in the report include (the 4 Indian curriculum schools):
- GEMS New Millennium School Al Khail, fees reported as AED 20,000-27,000 for KG to Grade 6, discounted to AED 16,000-21,600 in the first year of operations.
- Sabari Indian School (SIS), fees are AED 11,630-13,430 for KG to Grade 5. Apparently the campus will be enormous, the report said "Spread over 10,000 acres of land," which is the size of a small European city or Manhattan New York ... we guess it was an error.
- Springdales Indian School (SIS), fees given as AED 17,000-23,000 for KG to Grade 5.
- Union International Indian School (UIIS), fees given as AED21,000-30,000 for KG to Grade 5. Update: school appears to have been renamed as the Delhi Public School Academy or similar.
- to 11. not named, just that they would be UK or IB curriculum schools.
- 11 Feb 2013 (Emirates 24-7) - Sabari Indian School in Dubai (SIS) announced. Opening April 2013 for students from KG to Grade 5 initially, expansion to higher grades planned, will follow the Indian CBSE-I curriculum. Fees about AED 1,000 per month (AED 11,870 per annum) for KG to Grade 4 students, AED 13,430 per year for Grade 5 students. Operated by the Sabari Group of India, Sabari Group Chairman is K.R.V. Ramani. School location in Al Wuheida area of Dubai, capacity 800 students. Careers section on school website lists positions vacant.
- 04 Feb 2013 (Emirates 24-7) - The New Millennium School by GEMS on Al Khail Road reported or announced, and Indian CBSE curriculum school. Branches already in Dubai and Sharjah. Opening date April 2013. Registrations open for students from KG1 to Grade 8, school will expand to higher grades in later years. Day-boarding option available for students from Grade 3 and higher. Annual tuition fees AED 20,000 for KG1, up to AED 29,000 for Grade 12.
- 04 Feb 2013 (Emirates 24-7) - Springdales Indian School Dubai, opening April 2013 to students in KG to Grade 5 classes initially, offering Indian CBSE curriculum. Annual tuition fee structure AED 17,000 for KG up to AED 30,000 for Grades 11 and 12. Was previously reported?
- 04 Feb 2013 (Emirates 24-7) - The Indian Academy, opened already in April 2012 for classes from KG to Grade V, expanding in future years to higher levels (one per year). Offering Indian ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) curriculum. Fees are AED 10,000 for KG1 to AED 14,000 for Grade 5 (annual fees).
- 15 Jan 2013 (Emirates 24-7) - Sprindales Indian School Dubai, opening April 2013, admissions and registrations already open (can register online?). Springdales Schools have several branches established in India. Will follow Indian CBSE curriculum, students from kindergarten to Grade 5 admitted initially with plans to offer higher grades, an unnamed school executive reportedly said "It's only until grade 5 but we hope to open the new wing (for grade 6 to grade 12) next year." Annual fees AED 17,000 for kindergarten, to AED 30,000 for grades 11 and 12.
New schools in Dubai in 2012 (academic year 2012-2013)
- Ambassador Kindergarten School - Indian curriculum kindergarten open April 2012 (sort of - was previously part of the Global Indian International School). Located in Al Mankhool.
- new Uptown School Mirdif - international curriculum (IB) school open initially for KG classes in Sep 2012, primary school starts Sep 2013, junior high school classes Sep 2013, senior levels Sep 2014.
- The Indian Academy - Indian curriculum school offering ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education), open April 2012 with classes KG to Grade V initially, planned expansion by one level each year.
Reports of new schools in Dubai 2012-2013
- 13 Aug 2012 (The National) - 4 new schools open, and one school expanded for the 2012-2013 academic year with total capacity of 5,500 students according to KHDA information but school names and curriculum details not supplied. Schools mentioned in the article are:
- Al Ghusais unnamed secondary school, capacity 200 high school students. Opening date not given but might be September 2012. Curriculum information not provided.
- Green Community unnamed school, capacity 2,000 students from KG to Grade 12 level, opening September 2013. Curriculum information not provided.
- Jumeirah unnamed school, capacity increase of 500 students. Reportedly British curriculum.
- Ambassador Kindergarten - began operating in April 2012. An Indian curriculum school.
- The Indian Academy - began operating in April 2012. An Indian curriculum school.
New schools in Dubai 2011
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan School Dubai - new Indian school announced in Aug 2010 with Apr 2011 opening date ... delayed ... opening Apr 2020, see Bhavans Pearl Wisdom School Dubai.
New schools in Dubai 2010 (academic year 2010-2011)
- Global International Indian School opened Apr 2010. Became Ambassador School in 2012. New GIIS school opened in 2017.
New schools reported but not open or something else
- Al Manarah International School - senior or high school level boarding school which planned to open September 2010 but unknown what happened. Not open, no further information supplied or found. Website not available (or spam).
New schools in Dubai 2009
New schools in Dubai 2008
- Uptown High School (UHS) - open September 2008 in Muhaisnah 4 (and closed June 2011).
New schools in Dubai 2007
New schools in Dubai 2006
New schools in Dubai 2005 (academic year 2005-2006)
- Uptown Primary School (UPS) - open September 2005 behind Uptown Mirdif, name changed between Uptown School and Uptown Primary School irregularly, campus closed at Uptown Mirdif location and school relocated to new Uptown School complex in Mirdiff September 2013.
Send updates, corrections, details of new schools, closed or relocated schools, etc to education at dubaifaqs dot com.
Last update Friday 22-Nov-2019
- Study in Dubai - curriculum guide and how to become a bratter expat brat.
- Teaching in Dubai - general Dubai teaching information.
- Special Needs Dubai - special needs institutes in Dubai
- New schools in Dubai - opening during the current academic year, forum topic, add any not in this list.
- New nurseries kindergartens in Dubai - opening during the current academic year, forum topic, add any not in this list.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2018-2019 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.