Al Gharbia school finder
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
List of private and international schools in Al Gharbia
|School name||Curriculum||Qualifications||School fees||Reviews|
|Al Amal Special Needs Center||Support Services
|Al Hamdaniya School Gharbia||Indian
|Al Jamaiyah School Madinat Zayed||Arabic
|Al Marfa International Private School||Indian, UAE
|Asian International School Madinat Zayed||Indian
|Bright Riders School Madinat Zayed||Indian
|CBSE, MOE||3,500-4,200||BRSMZ reviews|
|Gayathi Indian School||Indian
|Glenelg School Madinat Zayed||UAE, US
|Manar Al Ilm Private School||Arabic, UAE, UK
|MOE, NC, co-ed, KG-G9||3,500-22,500|
|New Indian School Madinat Zayed||Indian
- To add a school in Al Gharbia to this list, start a new topic in the Al Gharbia schools forum. Or send details to education at dubaifaqs dot com.
- This list includes schools located in the Western Region or Al Gharbia municipality area of Abu Dhabi, excluding the town of Ruwais. See separate list of schools in Ruwais.
- School name does not always indicate curriculum or predominant student nationality e.g. some "International" schools have mostly students of one nationality and/or a national curriculum.
- School finder and directory list includes Al Gharbia schools, colleges and schools which offer American, British, English, Indian, Pakistan, Philippines expatriate curriculums, and private Arab and Muslim schools with instruction in English. The Abu Dhabi Education Council (ADEC) is the government ministry or organisation dealing with schools and education in the emirate of Abu Dhabi which includes the municipality region of Al Gharbia (Al Gharbea, Al Gharbeya, Al Gharbiah, Al Gharbiya, Al Gharbiyah, Western Region).
Al Gharbiya Western region areas, towns, cities, districts
- Bayah Al Silah (ADEC 2011-2012)
- Bida Al Mutawa (ADEC 2011-2012) (Bida Al Muttawa)?
- Dalma Island
- Gayathi (Ghayathi)
- Madinat Zayed
- Mirfa (Al Mirfa, Al Marfa)?
- Ruwais (Al Ruwais, Rowais) - not included on this page, see separate listing for schools in Ruwais.
- Sila (Al Silaa, Al Sila'a)
Private schools in Western Region 2013-2014 (ref: ADEC directory)
- Al Marfaa International School (also ADEC 2011-2012)
- Ambitions Private [School] (Al Tumooh) (also ADEC 2011-2012)
- Asian International Private (Rowais) (also ADEC 2011-2012)
- Asian International [School] (Zayed City) (also ADEC 2011-2012)
- Bright Riders School- Branch - renamed or reopened, previously International Community Kindergarten-LLC in ADEC 2011-2012 directory. Same PO Box and contact numbers but with different school ID reference.
- Choueifat International Private (Rowais) (also ADEC 2011-2012)
- Emirates Scientific School
- Glenelg School (Gayathi)
- Glenelg [School] (Madinat Zayed) (also ADEC 2011-2012)
- Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi (Al Ruwais) (also ADEC 2011-2012)
- Manar Al Ilm [School] (also ADEC 2011-2012)
- Western Private Model School (also ADEC 2011-2012)
New schools in Al Gharbia, Western Region
- Bright Riders School - Madinat Zayed branch - new ownership or management of ICK rather than a new school.
- *Emirates Scientific School? Check - in 2013-2014 ADEC directory but not 2011-2012.
- Glenelg School of Abu Dhabi - Ghayathi branch, Madinat Zayed branch, Ruwais branch.
Schools not in directory (to be updated)
- Al Marfaa School (Al Marfa'a School, Al Marfa School) - public school.
- Al Siddique School (Al Seddique School) - public school for boys.
- Ambitions Private School School (Al Tumooh), Madinat Zayed (ADEC 2013-14).
- Emirates Education Academy (ADEC, unknown, tel 028870887) > Emirates Scientific School, Madinat Zayed (ADEC 2013-14, tel 028870887).
- Glenelg School, tel +971-2-8845555 (ADEC, unknown), tel number updated to +971-2-4964500?
- International Community KG, Madinat Zayed - renamed as Bright Riders School Al Gharbia Branch or similar (ADEC 2013-14).
WRDC 2007-2008 directory schools
Bid' Al Motawa'a?
- Borahma School - boys? Bid' Al Motaw'a?
- Shagarat Al Dor School - girls? Bid' Al Motawa'a?
- Al Frazdaq School, boys, secondary
- Al Dyar School (Al Diar School?), boys, primary
- Delma School, girls, primary
- Omayma Bnt (Bint?) Abdelmoteleb School, girls, secondary
- Rowdat Al Masha'l, co-ed, KG
- Al Abbas Bn (Bin?) Abdalmoteleb School, boys, KG or primary?
- Al Nahrwan School, girls, primary
- Al Rihab School, girls, KG or primary?
- Al Ruwais School, boys, primary
- Omrah Bnt (Bint?) Abdelrahman (Abdulrahman) School, girls, secondary
- Rowdat Al Genan, co-ed, KG
- Al Moghira Bn [Bin] Sh'ba School, boys, secondary, Sila
- Al Serag School, boys, primary, Sila
- Al Sila School, girls, primary, Sila
- Hafsa Bent [Bint] Sireen School, boys, secondary, Sila
- Rowdat Al Areej, co-ed, KG, Sila
School name confusion in Al Gharbia
- Al Gharbia and the Western Region both refer to the same area, not different areas.
- Madinat Zayed is a town (or city) in the Al Gharbia region (is the capital of Al Gharbia - check?). It is was also the name of a community district in downtown Abu Dhabi city (renamed as Al Danah or Al Dana in Feb 2014). Don't get the two locations confused - they are about 2-3 hours drive apart, and quite different places to live. MZ Al Gharbia is a small rural town which is quite isolated, MZ Abu Dhabi city is the central area of a cosmopolitan metropolis.
Schools closed in Al Gharbia, Western Region
Jun 2008 - Al Jamiyah Private School in Madinat Zayed, and 3 other Arabic private schools in Mirfa, Ruwais, and Sila, closed by the MOE or ADEC for being unlicensed (TN report 25 Aug 2008, other school names not provided).
- Al Jamiah Private School, Madinat Zayed - closed Jun 2008.
- Gayathi Indian School - or was never an existing school but a reference to Asian International Private School in Ruwais.
Number of schools in Al Gharbia
- 2013-2014: Total of 43 schools - 31 public and 12 private schools (ref: ADEC directory, checked 15 Jul 2014).
- 2011-2012 (ADEC directory, approx date): total 41 schools - 31 public and 10 private schools.
- 2010-2011 (ADEC directory, approx date): total 51 schools - 43 public and 8 private schools.
- Undated (possibly 2007-2008): Total of 53 schools - 45 public and 8 private schools (ref: Western Region Development Council, WRDC, undated).
Last update Wednesday 16-Jul-2014
- Study in Al Gharbia - curriculum guide and how to become a bratter expat brat.
- Teaching in Al Gharbia - general Al Gharbia teaching information.
- Special Needs UAE - special needs institutes in UAE
- Abu Dhabi - about the emirate and city of Abu Dhabi.
- Al Ain - about the city in Abu Dhabi emirate.
- Ruwais - about the township in Al Gharbia region.
|Al Gharbia education||Nurseries in Al Gharbia | Schools in Al Gharbia | New schools in Al Gharbia 2019-2020 | Special needs in Al Gharbia | Colleges in Al Gharbia | Universities in Al Gharbia|
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.