School of Research Science
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
School of Research Science in Dubai
|School name||School of Research Science|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Arabic, Islamic, UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||A, AS-level, IGCSE, GCSE|
|Head of school||Nan Billingham (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||Ms Najla Al Shamsi|
|Number of students (approx)||1,600|
|Number of staff (approx)||140|
|School area, location map||Al Warqa 4 - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 57442, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||www.srsdubai.ae (new window)|
|School fees structure||34,400-73,800 dhs per year (2018-2019)|
|Teacher salary range||7,700 - 19,400 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
School of Research Science admissions, reviews, notes
School of Research Science reviews - add yours here.
The School of Research Science Dubai (SRS, SRSD) fee schedule and general information
Not to be confused with the International School of Creative Science in Sharjah (unrelated to SRS Dubai).
SRS is not a school of scientific research or any similar specialist university or college level school. It is a K-12 British curriculum Islamic school for Emirati and expat Arab students. Founder's message says "As an Arabic/Islamic school, it is implicit that our curriculum is concerned with preserving the heritage of our culture, its language, its literature, history and especially its Islamic tradition."
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2018-2019d||34,400||36,600||37,900||37,900||42,300||42,300||42,300||46,600||51,000||55,600||55,600||55,600||59,000||64,800||73,800|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015||27,588||29,280||30,347||30,347||33,792||33,792||33,792||37,306||40,817||44,491||44,491||44,491||47,150||51,790|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014c||22,900||24,400||25,289||25,289||28,160||28,160||28,160||31,088||34,014||37,076||37,076||37,076||39,292||43,158|
- 2014-2015 fee range AED 27,588-51,790. Registration and admission fees not provided. Book charges AED 1,200-2,300.
- 2013-2014 fee schedule not confirmed.
- 2009-2010 admission, registration, tuition fees information not supplied.
- 2008-2009 fee range is AED 19,600-36,800 according to SRS information but no record found for SRS in KHDA list of fee increase requests from schools.
- 2007-2008 fee range AED 17,000-32,000.
- Location (new, from Sep 2014) is corner of Nouakchott St and Tripoli St, Al Warqa 4 (Al Warqaa, Al Warqa'a). Behind Mushrif Park in Mirdif (Mirdiff).
- Location (old, until Jun 2014) is Baghdad St, Al Ghusais School Zone, Al Ghusais 1 (Al Qusais), opposite HCT Dubai Women's College.
- Location map shows markers for old location (A) and new location (B). See also SRS Al Warqa location map.
School of Research Science teaching jobs and careers
- For employment opportunities, see the SRS website for updated list of positions available (Home > Visit Us > Vacancies). Positions also advertised in the TES.
- Interviews are held in January-February in London, UK for the academic year starting in September, but some positions might still be vacant after that. Send CV and application letter to email@example.com.
- 2010 Sep: Ms Nan Billingham (Principal), previously a consultant for Cambridge Education in the UK.
- 2006-2010: Ms Jennifer Rickard, moved to Ruskin Education in Abu Dhabi as a consultant.
- 2006: Ms Angela Hartill, Mr Micheal Henry.
12 June 2014
- SRS has two postal addresses according to SRS information: PO Box 27463 Dubai, and PO Box 57442 Dubai, UAE. Only PO Box 27463 is valid according to the UAE Yellow Pages.
- Email addresses (updated or additional) are firstname.lastname@example.org for SRS primary section, and email@example.com for SRS secondary section.
- SRS is relocating to new campus in Al Warqa for start of 2014-2015 academic year. New buildings capacity up to 2,000 students? Old school campus in Al Qusais is opening in September 2014 as a new school - the Capital British School in Dubai, but at present has the old SRS telephone number.
- Contact details updated. New tel number is +971-4-6011011 (old one +971-4-2988772). Fax number unchanged: +971-4-2988773.
28 October 2013
- School head's name updated.
14 April 2009 review
- Head of Primary School changed to Mr Stephen Morgan.
03 September 2008 review
- Fees updated from SRS website. Presumed to be current - KHDA has no record of request for fees increase for 08-09. Previous fee schedule was AED 17,000-32,000.
- Head of Primary School is Mr Colin Dyson.
- Head of Secondary School is Mr David Walsh.
18 October 2006 review (updated supplied by SRS)
- School Principal now Mrs Jennifer Rickard. SRS now at one site - purpose built campus completed late 2005. Correct web address is www.srsdubai.ae.
- Male and female teachers not only talk to each other but teach, train and present workshops together (previous information about segregation incorrect or out of date).
14 September 2006 review
- School also referred to as "The School of Research Science" or "The Secondary School of Research Science". PO Box 57442 (previously PO Box 27463). Tel +971-4-2988772 and fax +971-4-2988773 listed on website (previous information was tel +971-4-2988776 - is now Primary School telephone number - and fax +971-4-2988772).
- Listed on MoE (Ministry of Education) website as "Science Research (Branch)" and "Science Research Private School".
08 August 2006 review
- School is split in two sites - primary and secondary. Tel +971-4-2988772, fax +971-4-2988773 and email firstname.lastname@example.org for the primary section.
- Caters more for Emirati and other Arab students than western students.
- Western teachers may find the restrictions unsettling (apparently male and female teachers should not talk to each other, etc).
- Teacher salaries were quite good when it first opened but an unexpected pay cut disillusioned many teachers.
- Previous heads Ms Angela Hartill and Mr Micheal Henry.
- Domain name www.srsdubai.com is now a web design company
Last update 28 July 2019
General comments - might not apply to School of Research Science
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.