[Renamed] Safa British Academy
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Safa British Academy in Dubai
|School name||Safa British Academy|
|Type of institute||private K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK, International|
|Qualifications or Courses|
|Head of school|
|Executive body or owner||Safa Private School, Dubai Properties Group|
|Date founded||September 2014|
|Number of students (approx)|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Al Barsha South 3 - location map|
|Postal address||Dubai, UAE|
|School fees structure|
|Teacher salary range||see general comments|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Safa British Academy admissions, reviews, notes
Start a new topic in the Dubai school reviews forum with comments about this school.
SBA has been renamed as the Safa Community School in Dubai - see that page for updated information, including fee structure.
Do not send emails to addresses @safabritishacademy.com. Domain or website offline, assume email addresses will fail also.
Al Safa Academy Dubai, UAE (ASA, ASAD)
According to information provided by the KHDA in March 2014 about new schools opening in Dubai, there is an Al Safa Academy with an expected opening date of September 2015. However ...
- This seems more likely to be a different name for the Safa British Academy or Safa Community School, with planned opening date of September 2014. Sometimes names get altered from the original name when translated from the Arabic version to English, however there is enough confusion about school names in the UAE that one should never make assumptions about a school name.
- No further information was supplied from the KHDA or Safa Schools Group to confirm the name change, and no information found about an "Al Safa Academy" anywhere in the UAE, either existing or planned. Unless there's a delay to the opening date, and a change of name that only the KHDA knows about, and is keeping to themselves.
- ASA Dubai is unlikely to have anything to do with the Al Safa Academy in Karachi Pakistan, or the one in San Jose California (As-Safa Academy).
Safa British Academy Dubailand (Dubai Land) (SBA, SBAD) tuition fee structure, information
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2014-2015|
|Al Safa School fee reference|
|Annual fees estimate (AED) 2013-2014||22,000||32,000||32,000||32,000||32,000||32,000||32,000||32,000||39,000||46,000|
- 2014-2015 fee structure not provided, fees for Al Safa British School in Al Quoz given for reference. Contact the enrolment center there for registration and admission enquiries.
- School designed by Fielding Nair International educational architects and planners.
- At the center of the campus is the Global Learning Center which incorporates a cafe, library, and performing arts centre. The performing arts center contains a theater or auditorium, dance and drama studios, music practice rooms. The sports facilities include football field, multipurpose sports halls, netball courts, swimming pool, tennis courts.
- Location is in Al Barsha South 3, near the Dubai Miracle Garden and Arabian Ranches interchange.
- Location map, contact details, head's name not supplied.
Safa British Academy jobs and vacancies
- Update: SBA website Recruitment section is looking for a number of Foundation Stage and primary school teachers, also specialist teachers for 2014-2015 academic year. Email CV and application letter to email@example.com. SBA information says "All candidates must have two years prior teaching experience and have attested educational qualifications." British or UK teaching qualification not specifically asked for.
- Salary scale and benefits package information not provided.
- Press release announcing the new school said students would be "taught by British trained teachers", implying that to get a teaching job at the school you need to have a British teaching qualification. Unknown if that means other western English trained teachers will be accepted or not - Australian, NZ, South African teaching qualifications are sometimes accepted as being equivalent to UK teaching certification.
29 August 2013 review
- Al Safa British Academy (or Safa British Private Academy) is a new school being established by Safa Private School and Dubai Properties Group (DPG) in Dubailand.
- Location is near residents of Dubai Motor City, Arabian Ranches, Dubai Sports City, Al Barsha South. Not so close to The Villa Community in Dubailand (schools in Dubai Silicon Oasis are closer). The new Mudon Townhouse community (Mudoon) was also mentioned, and although it's still a bit of a long walk (about 5 km), when SBA opens it will probably be one of the closest schools to Mudoon. School campus plot area given as about 385,000 sq ft (36,000 sq m, or 3.6 hectares).
- Location map based on supplied information and not confirmed. It looks like the site is currently a large car park next to Dubai Miracle Gardens.
- Facilities will include things called (according to the press release) learning studios, outdoor learning decks, Black Box Theater, a Global Learning Center. More normal sounding stuff includes an auditorium with capacity 500 seats, audio-video studios.
- Sports facilities include 50 meter Olympic sized swimming pool (outdoors but covered in the PR picture), a training swimming pool, 2 tennis courts, indoor cricket courts, a FIFA specified astro-turf football pitch.
- Curriculum details not supplied but press release said "... internationally recognized curriculum including the Sixth Form ..." which might mean International Baccalaureate. Sixth Form usually refers to UK A-level classes at secondary school level but A-levels are normally regarded as a British qualification.
- School will operate Foundation to Year 13 levels eventually but will first open for FS1 to Year 4 classes, and Year 7-9 classes in September 2014 (unknown why Years 5-6 excluded). Further grades and class levels to be added in future years, timeline not provided. Some reports said the school would be fully operational by September 2014, but that does not appear to be the case according to information supplied by Safa Private School and DPG.
Last update 16 August 2019
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.