Saad Bin Obaidah School in Abu Dhabi
||Saad Bin Obaidah School
|Type of institute
||government K-12 school
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
||Arabic, UAE, Islamic
|Qualifications or Courses
||MOE, Boys, Cycle 1, G1-G5
|Head of school
||Huda Nasser Al Tamimi (Principal)
|Executive body or owner
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|School area, location map
||Baniyas East, Mussafah
||Abu Dhabi, UAE
|School fees structure
|Teacher salary range
||see general comments
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
Saad Bin Obaidah School admissions, reviews, notes
Start a new topic in the Abu Dhabi school reviews forum with comments about this school.
Saad Bin Obaidah School (Obaida School) (SBOS) general information
Listed in 2014 ADEC directory as Saad Bin Obada School. Also referred to as Saad Ibnu Obadah Primary School.
Old SBOS building in Baniyas City used for new Universal Future Education Academy (UFE Academy) school from Aug 2010, which was then renamed as Middle East Private School (MEPS). SBOS moved to new building, it was not renamed, as stated in a number of reports and sources.
- No fees, SBOS is a government public MOE curriculum school.
- [When?] Contact details updated to tel +971-2-5832563 (025832563), fax unchanged (+971-2-5825090).
- Other names: Sa'ad, Sa'd Ibn Ubadah School, Saud Bin Obada School (ADCCI), Saad Bin Ebada (unknown).
- Location Baniyas East (Bani Yas East), Baniyas City.
- New location: off Street 26, in Sector East 11 [check], Baniyas East. Next to Al Mutanabi Boys Public School and Atfal Al Emarat Kindergarten (co-ed public KG).
- Old location: between Street 28 and Street 30, between Sector East 3 and East 4 [check], Baniyas East (ADEC directory location). Campus now used by MEPS.
25 April 2012
- ADEC 2012 directory still lists SBOS (as Saad Bin Obadah School) as open, but no longer as part of the PPP program.
- ADEC directory 2010 lists Saad Ebnu Obadah Primary School (ADEC 2011 Saad Bin Obadah School), a boys school from grades 1 to 5 with 39 teachers and 599 pupils. In the Abu Dhabi PPP Schools program? With contact details tel 025822542, fax 025825090.
- No entry found with the school name Al Sharq Al Awsat School (reported as the new name for SBOS in Sep 2010), however the MEPS is listed in the ADEC directory.
13 September 2010
- A GN report said the new name for SBOS is Al Sharq Al Awsat School (ASAAS) "... which was previously named Sa'ad Bin Obaidah School", and school principal is Amna Al Shamsi. Al Asharq Al Awsat means "The Middle East" in English so new name probably refers to the Middle East Private School (MEPS) - the UFE Academy was renamed as MEPS according to other reports.
- It's not entirely accurate to say SBOS was renamed. SBOS moved to a new building, and a new school, MEPS, opened in the old SBOS building.
13 August 2010 - UFE Academy
- Saad Bin Obaidah School renamed as the UFE Private Academy or School, a UAE Ministry of Education curriculum private school, according to a Khaleej Times (KT) report 12 August 2010.
- Student capacity not confirmed. Gulf News report 12 August 2010 said Another campus will be located in Baniyas, the Saad Bin Obaidah School, and will provide an Arabic-language education, and absorb 1,089 students. It is meant to house students previously studying at Azhar Palestine School, Al Shahaba Private School and KG, Al Mashreq Private School, and the Cultural Private School. Not clear if capacity figure the same for campus after it reopens as the UFE School (or a different name) - ADEC information (2010) says SBOS has 599 students.
16 May 2010 review
- The Saad Bin Obaidah School in Muroor is an old Abu Dhabi government school no longer used, which ADEC is planning to reopen for September 2010 as a new school for students looking for a place as a result of villa schools closing in Abu Dhabi in 2010. School capacity is up to 1500 students.
- Might also be referred to as Sa'ad Bin Obaida School, Saaed Ibn Obaidah Private School, Saeed Bin Obaidah Pvt Sch, Saad Bin Obaid School, Obaida, Obada, Obadah School, or similar.
- Location is Baniyas City, out past Mussafah and MNZ City from downtown Abu Dhabi. However it is not in Al Gharbiya, or a different emirate or country as implied by a Gulf News report 20 Apr 2010 which said "One of the vacant schools provided by the ADEC to accommodate 1,500 pupils is hundreds of kilometres away in Bani Yas city", referring to distance from Abu Dhabi city to SBOS.
Schools in the same area as Saad Bin Obaidah School
||Founded || Tel
|| Level ||Curriculum
|Abu Dhabi Indian School Al Wathba
|| September 2014 || +971-2-5831991
|| ADISAW reviews
|Abu Mousa Al Ashaari Private School
|| 1985 || +971-2-5832419
|| primary ||Arabic, UAE
||MOE, co-ed, KG1-G5
|Al Muzdalifa School
|| || +971-2-5838023
|| primary ||UAE
||MOE, girls G1-G5
|Al Wathba Private School
|| || +971-2-5833438
|| primary ||Arabic, UAE
||MOE, co-ed, KG-G6
|| AWPS reviews
|Baraem Al Ain Private School Baniyas
|| 1985 || +971-2-5831818
|| K-12 ||Arabic, UAE
|Emirates Private School Baniyas
|| 1988 || +971-2-5832888
|| K-10 ||Arabic
|| EPSB reviews
|The Philippine School Abu Dhabi
|| September 2014 || +971-2-5831044
|| K-10 ||Philippines
|| TPSAD reviews
Last update 06 January 2015
General comments - might not apply to Saad Bin Obaidah School
- Many popular schools are full for 2018-2019. New schools in Abu Dhabi might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.