Monday 16 December 2019 (UAE)
Repton School Dubai
Repton School Dubai
|School name||Repton School Dubai|
|Type of institute||private profit-making K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||IB, IGCSE|
|Head of school||Mr David Cook (Headmaster)|
|Executive body or owner||Evolvence Capital, Dubai Schools|
|Date founded||September 2007|
|Number of students (approx)||1700|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Nad Al Sheba 3, Nadd Al Sheba - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 299331, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||www.reptondubai.org (new window)|
|School fees structure||60,100-120,100 dhs per year (2018-2019)|
|Teacher salary range||13,500 - 23,000 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Repton School Dubai admissions, reviews, notes
Repton School Dubai reviews - add yours here.
Repton School Dubai (RSD) school tuition fees and information
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2018-2019d||60,100||60,100||62,900||62,900||68,600||70,700||76,300||76,300||91,900||95,400||98,900||106,000||113,100||120,100||120,100|
|Annual fees (AED) 2012-2013||46,325||46,325||48,505||48,505||52,865||54,500||58,860||58,860||70,850||73,575||76,300||81,750||87,200||92,650||92,650|
|Annual fees (AED) 2010-2012||42,500||42,500||44,500||44,500||48,500||50,000||54,000||54,000||65,000||67,500||70,000||75,000||80,000||85,000||85,000|
|Annual fees (AED) 2009-2010||42,500||42,500||44,500||44,500||48,500||50,000||54,000||54,000||65,000||67,500||70,000||75,000||80,000||85,000|
|Annual fees (AED) 2008-2009||42,500||42,500||44,500||44,500||48,500||50,000||54,000||54,000||65,000||67,500||70,000||75,000||80,000|
|Annual fees (AED) 2007-2008||42,500||42,500||44,500||44,500||48,500||50,000||54,000||54,000|
- 2018-2019 tuition fees reduced by 10% or more?
- 2012-2013 fee range AED 46,325-92,650. Additional costs: registration fee AED 500 plus initial payment of AED 10,000 (as first payment of total fees), assessment fee AED 1,000 (non-refundable). Annual boarding fees additional AED 60,000; weekly boarding fees additional AED 55,000. Deposit AED 50,000 for boarding students.
- 2011-2012 tuition fees no change from 2010-2011. Additional Food Fees (annual) of AED 4,375 for Nursery and Reception, and AED 6,125 Year 1-12. Registration Fee AED 500 (non-refundable), Assessment Fee AED 1000. Annual fees for full boarding an additional AED 60,000, for weekly boarding an additional AED 55,000. Fees to be paid by 3x post dated cheques on entry - dated for the start of each term (confirm exact dates with Repton Dubai).
- Full and weekly boarding available for Year 6 to Year 13 students (boys only for 2009).
- 2017: Mr. David Cook (Headmaster). A different David Cook.
- 2010-2017: Mr Jonathan Hughes-D'Aeth (Headmaster).
- 2007-2010 Mr David Cook (Founding Headmaster).
23 September 2012
- A new Repton School in Abu Dhabi is planned with an expected opening date of September 2013. Also for September 2013, a new Foremark Hall primary school in Dubai.
12 September 2010
- New Headmaster at Repton Dubai is Jonathan Hughes-D'Aeth (previously headmaster of Milton Abbey School in Dorset, UK). Previous head at Repton Dubai was David Cook.
07 June 2010
- Headmaster of Repton School Dubai is leaving? A report in The National newspaper about schools in the UAE and China refers to David Cook, saying "One of the next to open will be Wellington College, which launches in Tianjin, a city near Beijing, next year. Mr Cook has been appointed the founding headmaster."
11 May 2010
- Students at Repton School Dubai were the first students to go on a school trip to the The World Dubai (11 May 2010 press release). They visited the island of Germany and looked at sand since nothing had been built yet.
29 August 2009
- Repton Dubai fees updated, to include Year 12 fees, now AED 42,500 for nursery and kindergarten up to AED 85,000 for Year 12. Presumably fees will be up to AED 90,000 for Year 13 (2008-2009 fees range was AED 42,500-80,000).
- Repton Dubai Nursery for children from age 3 years.
- Head of Senior School is Mr Robin Silk, Head of Junior School is Mr Mark Atkins, Head of Boarding is Nigel Kew.
- Additional contact details firstname.lastname@example.org (tel +971-4-4269318), email@example.com (+971-4-4269315), firstname.lastname@example.org, +971-4-4269319.
- No information found about A-levels being offered at Repton Dubai, presumably no longer under consideration.
- IB World School status awarded 01 April 2009?
- Facilities include 25 meter swimming pool, 700 seat auditorium and theatre, large library, tennis courts, cricket and rugby field.
21 March 2009 review
- Girls boarding to be launched in September 2010 after completion of new building. Original facilities were deemed by the KHDA to be too close to the boys boarding.
- Currently, Repton Dubai has 23 male boarding students.
- Repton Dubai not found in KHDA list of licensed schools in Dubai but presumably Repton is licensed (maybe under a different name?).
- Campus area 50 acres.
31 January 2009 review
- Contact details updated (landline now available), additional PO Box 300331 Dubai listed on Repton Dubai website. No fax number found.
14 September 2008 review
- Boarding facilities open for 11-16 year old boys for September 2008.
- Boarding facilities for girls, and for boys aged 16-18, will open in September 2009
- Boarding fees for 2008-2009 are AED 60,000 for full boarding, or AED 55,000 for weekly boarding (amounts per year, additional to tuition fees)
- Repton School Dubai (RS, RSD) contact details updated. Previous tel number +971-4-3446646 no longer valid (but still in UAE Yellow Pages). Unknown if fax number +971-4-3446304 still valid. PO Box 31309 no longer valid?
- Other contact numbers (from RS website) +971-50-7080998, +971-50-2742659, +971-50-2740629 (admissions), +971-50-7080997 (senior school and boarding), +971-50-2742658 (junior school). All contact numbers are mobile phones. No landline telephone or fax number found on website.
- Other email contacts email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Not clear from website if A-level offered.
01 March 2007 review
- Repton Dubai will open a junior school or primary section with 300-400 students in September 2007 and a senior school or secondary section in September 2008. Partnered with Repton School in Derbyshire, UK - a well known British Public School established in 1557.
- Roald Dahl is one of the more famous Old Reptonians and wrote a book about his old school days called "Boy". He also wrote "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". Jeremy Clarkson is a more recent Old Reptonian, so is the British Ambassador in Dubai (as of February 2007 at least). There is an Old Reptonian Society in Dubai.
- The Dubai branch or campus of Repton School in the UK intends to provide a more pleasant experience than that which Mr Dahl endured. It will also be the first international co-ed boarding school in Dubai - handy if you want your brats and bratesses out of your villa in Jumeirah but want to save money on airfares. Dormitories will be segregated, and won't open till September 2008.
- Current contact information is for Ms Terry Chayeb, at ECAP Education FZ-LLC. Two more contact numbers are +971-50-4596312 and +971-50-4596599 for admissions information.
- Repton School will be under the management of Dubai Schools, an initiative of The Dubai Education Council - see www.dec.gov.ae for more information. Head can also be contacted at email@example.com.
- Staff-student ratio expected to be about 1:10.
- No Latin in curriculum but extra-curricular Latin expected to be available. Information from radio interview with Head Master in February 2007.
- Fees information KG-Year 6 for school year 2007-2008 and could be fully inclusive except for boarding fees (unknown how much as of June 2007). Looks like one of the most expensive KG classes in Dubai.
- For teaching jobs, minimum requirement will probably be a British or UK PGCE qualification (not the same as ones done by distance learning in Dubai) and teaching experience in an English curriculum school.
Last update 03 August 2019
General comments - might not apply to Repton School Dubai
- Many popular schools are full for 2019-2020. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2018-2019 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.