Regent International School
Coronavirus in the UAE: Some information on this website is out of date as a result of measures taken in the UAE to deal with the coronavirus crisis. Confirm with official or authoritative sources.
Regent International School in Dubai
|School name||Regent International School|
|Type of institute||private K-12 school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||UK|
|Qualifications or Courses||NC,GCSE,IGCSE,A-levels|
|Head of school||Ms Gaynor Dale (Principal)|
|Executive body or owner||Fortes Education|
|Number of students (approx)||1500|
|Number of staff (approx)||150|
|School area, location map||Emirates Hills, near The Greens - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 24857, Dubai, UAE|
|Website||www.risdubai.com (new window)|
|School fees structure||43,800-95,800 dhs per year (2018-2019)|
|Teacher salary range||12,000-16,000 dhs per month (2013-2014)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Regent International School admissions, reviews, notes
Regent International School reviews - add yours here.
Regent International School Dubai (RIS, RISD), Regent School (RSD) tuition fee structure, information
RIS was previously the Regent Indian School in Dubai (renamed in 2006 or so). RIS is not related to Regent International School in Bangkok, Thailand.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2018-2019d||43,800||43,800||51,100||51,100||51,100||51,100||51,100||51,100||67,700||64,600||64,600||89,400||89,400||95,800||95,800|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014||34,172||34,172||38,867||38,867||38,867||38,867||38,867||38,867||52,852||52,852||52,852||73,150||73,150||78,375||78,375|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2010-2011||33,000||33,000||35,000||35,000||35,000||35,000||35,000||35,000||38,000||41,000||41,000||41,000||41,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2009-2010||30,000||41,000||41,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2008-2009||28,000||41,000|
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2007-2008||22,000||35,000|
- 2013-2014 tuition fee range AED 34,172-78,375. Other charges: admission application fee AED 500 (non-refundable), assessment fee AED 600 (non-refundable), acceptance fee for new students 30% of tuition fee (non-refundable), re-enrolment fee for existing students 10% of tuition fee (non-refundable). Bus transport charges AED 2,100-2,600 per term one way, AED 2,300-3,000 per term return.
- 2011-2012 fees information not supplied.
- 2010-2011 detailed fee information not supplied but might be AED 35,000-70,000. Fees information in italics not confirmed. Admission registration fee AED 500, assessment fee AED 500, advance payment AED 3,500, caution deposit AED 1,500 (refundable) bus transportation fees 1250-2000 dhs per term, uniform 230 dhs for one set (2008-2009 information).
Teaching jobs and careers at Regent International School
- Teachers with UK curriculum experience, recognised teaching qualification, university degree, preferred or required. Most teachers at the school are from the UK and Ireland.
- School housing for staff on overseas contracts located in The Gardens community?
- Current vacancies listed on Fortis Education website (for all Fortis schools, not just RIS). Job applicants must register with Fortis Education and apply online. Start at RIS website >> Careers section.
- 2013-2014 pay scale about AED 12,000-16,000 per month. Updated from 2010-2011 salaries about AED 12,000 per month. Benefits package information not supplied.
- Ms Gaynor Dale (Principal)
- 2013: Ms Janet O'Keeffe (Headteacher).
- 2009: Patrice Radi (Principal). Danny Lyons (principal). S. S. Mankani (Mr Sanjay Mankani) (Managing Director or CEO).
Regent International School calendar term dates 2013-2014
- Term 1 (Autumn Term): start date 02 Sep 2013, new students start 01 Sep 2013. Last day 19 Dec 2013.
- Term 2: 05 Jan 2014 (06 Jan for new students) to 03 Apr 2014.
- Term 3: (Summer Term): 20 Apr 2014 (21 Apr for new students) to 26 Jun 2014.
RIS Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- RIS VLE website and login at vle.risdubai.com.
- RIS parent VLS workshop dates 21 Oct 2013, 25 Nov 2013, both dates timings from 0745-0845 at the school.
02 December 2013 review and update (email supplied)
- Head's name updated to Janet O'Keeffe. Headteacher or Director? Is also Director of Jumeirah International Nursery in Al Safa according to some sources (not confirmed), and was previously head of primary school or EYFS at RIS? Previous school head was Patrice Radi (Principal), date of change unknown.
- Head of EYFS section - Ms Rachel Edwards.
- Head of Primary School - Ms Jenny Keating.
- Head of Secondary or High School - Mr Mark Hughes.
- Qualifications and courses updated to from NC, IGCSE, IB to NC (English National Curriculum), GCSE, IGCSE, A-levels. IB (International Baccalaureate) no longer offered?
- Executive body Fortis Education, part of Fortis Group. Unknown if Mr and Mrs Mankani still have ownership or involvement with the school (original owners).
- RIS Facebook page at facebook.com/RISDubai - looks like an official website by the school.
31 October 2010
- Regent International School Dubai information update received by email from Fortis Education Division, part of Fortis Group or Fortisplus Holdings:
- School renamed as Regent School Dubai according to Fortis. But is still Regent International School according to RIS website.
- Curriculum is British National Curriculum up to Grade 10 and IB from Grade 11 to 13, with international student body.
- Section heads are Mrs Nikke Alley - Head of Secondary School, Ms Gillian Robertson - Head of Primary School, Ms Janet O'Keeffe - Head of Early Years School. Overall Principal/Director name not supplied or found on RIS website. Previously was (or still is?) S. S. Mankani (Mr Sanjay Mankani), also referred to as Managing Partner or Director in 2009 news reports. KHDA inspection report for May 2009 lists Patrice Radi as principal but no name supplied in May 2010 report.
- Ownership changed from Mr and Mrs Mankani to Fortis Education? Unconfirmed.
- Date established was 1993, not 1992. Unconfirmed.
- Email address updated from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org. RIS website also lists email@example.com for student admission and registration enquiries, and careers@risdubai for jobs.
- Teacher salary range from AED 12,000 per month plus benefits (not supplied but presumably accommodation, flights, medical etc).
- Fee structure from AED 35,000-70,000. Not confirmed, detailed structure not supplied or found on RIS website.
14 July 2010 review
- Regent International School fees information updated (estimated figures only).
- Year 11 started from 2009-2010? Years 12 and 13 starting 2011-2012? RIS plans to offer IB Diploma for Years 12 and 13.
25 June 2010 review
- Regent International School principal is Danny Lyons? A Gulf News Xpress report 25 June 2010 about the school not letting children inside during break time unless the outside temperature was over 42° Celcius (about 1 million° Fahrenheit) referred to the principal as Danny Lyons. RIS website doesn't give the head's name.
- The report quoted an email from Mr Lyons saying "Our policy has been discussed at senior level, and remains that students will have outdoor play until temperatures rise above 42 degrees."
- However, to be fair to him, the school might change things. He said to Xpress "We have listened to the valid issues raised and acted. We will discuss our policy on what temperatures pupils should be allowed out after the end of term."
22 August 2009 review
- According to RIS website, Danny Lyons is director of education, primary school headteacher is Patrice Radi.
- Several other sources say Patrice Radi is school principal or headteacher, and S.S. Mankani (Mr Sanjay Mankani?) is director (or CEO, manager, managing partner).
- The RIS owners, the Mankanis, also own Jumeira International Nursery School, and Jumeira International Nursery, both sort of in Jumeirah.
09 March 2009 review
- Email received from Regent International School (apparently - was a gmail address) says tuition fees are 30,000-60,000 and admissions up to Grade 10 but expanding to Grade 13 shortly. International student body with most students from western countries. Teachers mostly from UK, some from Australia, Ireland, and South Africa. Email address updated (previous information was firstname.lastname@example.org).
- According to RIS website, fees for 2009-2010 are AED 30,000-41,000, classes to Grade 10 for September 2009.
- Add registration fee AED 500, assessment fee AED 500, advance AED 3,500, caution deposit AED 1,500 (refundable), transportation fees 1250-2000 dhs per term, uniform 230 dhs for one set. Cost of shoes, underwear, cardigan, PE kit not included in uniform fees.
17 September 2008 review
- RIS admission only to KG-grade 9 so far, grades 10-13 admission date yet to be announced.
- Tuition fees updated (was 22,000-35,000). Add 500 dhs registration fee, 500 dhs admission fee, 3,500 advance fee, 1500-2000 dhs per term for bus transport. Uniforms also need to be purchased. KHDA website says fees go up to AED 50,000 per year for grade 13 students (2007-2008).
14 April 2007 review
- Regent International School (RIS) is sort of a new school, or re-branded Regent Indian School. Same PO Box, different tel numbers.
- 1992 is original opening date of Regent School. Previous location was Al Wasl Road, Jumeirah. RIS moved to new campus near Emaar Business Park in Emirates Hills in April 2006?
- Good comments from parents at old location. No current information. Multinational students and staff with a majority Asian/Indian.
- Regent School website gives email as email@example.com. Same website also at www.regentschooldxb.com.
Last update 08 August 2019
General comments - might not apply to Regent International School
- Many popular schools are full for 2020-2021. New schools in Dubai might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.
- British schools in Dubai
- Best British school in Dubai - add your vote and/or comment to the forum topic.
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2019-2020 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.