RAK Academy Secondary School in Ras Al Khaimah
||RAK Academy Secondary School
|Type of institute
||private profit-making secondary school
|Curriculum or Student Nationality
||International, UAE, Islamic, UK
|Qualifications or Courses
||IB DP, A-AS Levels, IGCSE
|Head of school
||Katherine Kenning (Head of Secondary)
|Executive body or owner
|Number of students (approx)
|Number of staff (approx)
|School area, location map
||Dafan Al Khor, Khuzam - location map
||PO Box 975, Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
|School fees structure
||31,778-33,852 dhs per year (2013-2014)
|Teacher salary range
||7,200 - 8,900 dhs per month (estimate only)
|Student satisfaction rating
|Parent satisfaction rating
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
RAK Academy Secondary School admissions, reviews, notes
Start a new topic in the Ras Al Khaimah school reviews forum with comments about this school.
RAK Academy IB Secondary School tuition fee structure, general information
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2013-2014
- 2013-2014 full range of fees displayed for comparison although the high school section only operates Years 7-13. See the RAK Academy tuition fees page for additional costs and charges, and fee structure for previous years.
- Email contact also email@example.com (for general RAK Academy enquiries).
- Name changed from Ras Al Khaimah English Speaking School (RAKESS) in 2012. Date established 1994 for British curriculum secondary school, in 2005 the school was authorised to offer IB Diploma programs.
- Location - part of the RAK Academy international school campus in Dafan Al Khor area (also referred to as Khuzam?), shares campus with the RAK Academy IB Primary School (until September 2014 when the primary campus moves to a new building).
10 January 2014 - new Secondary Headteacher vacancy at RAK Academy
- Job vacancy seen advertised for RAK Academy Secondary School head, starting September 2014. Advertisement date 07 Jan 2014 on cois.org (Council of International Schools)?
- Requirements include 5 years as a secondary school head, preferably an international school, 10 years secondary teaching experience, relevant tertiary level degree and qualifications, demonstrated successful leadership experience.
- Pay range and benefits package not supplied, except for mention of normal benefits given under UAE law (gratuity, tax-free salary, etc).
- Send completed application form (available on school website), application letter, CV, to RAK Academy executive principal, Ross Hall, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing date for applications 31 January 2014.
Schools in the same area as RAK Academy Secondary School
||Founded || Tel
|| Level ||Curriculum
|ABA Center for Special Needs
|| || +971-7-2365542
|| ACSN reviews
|Al Manar Private School RAK
|| || +971-7-2364642
|| ||Arabic, UAE
||MOE, girls only
|RAK Academy British Curriculum School
|| 2007 || +971-7-2363995
|| primary ||UK
|RAK Academy PYP School
|| May 2010 || +971-7-2362441
|| primary ||International, UAE
||IB PYP, MOE
|Ras Al Khaimah Academy
|| 1975 || +971-7-2362441
|| K-12 ||International, UAE, UK
||IB, A, AS level, IGCSE, IBPYP, NC
Last update 22 March 2014
General comments - might not apply to RAK Academy Secondary School
- Many popular schools are full for 2017-2018. New schools in Ras Al Khaimah might have places.
- Allow extra for books, extra-curricular activities, uniforms, trips, etc if not included in school fees.