Saturday 07 December 2019 (UAE)
[Renamed] Rajagiri International School
Rajagiri International School in Dubai
|School name||Rajagiri International School|
|Type of institute||private profit-making primary school|
|Curriculum or Student Nationality||Indian|
|Qualifications or Courses||CBSE|
|Head of school||Ms Arundhati Rawat (Headmistress)|
|Executive body or owner||Rajagiri and Sudhir Gopi Holdings|
|Date founded||April 2008|
|Number of students (approx)||500|
|Number of staff (approx)|
|School area, location map||Al Warqa 1, Al Warqaa 1 - location map|
|Postal address||PO Box 62012, Dubai, UAE|
|School fees structure||9,750-14,400 dhs per year (2011-2012)|
|Teacher salary range||2,200 - 3,800 dhs per month (estimate only)|
|Student satisfaction rating|
|Parent satisfaction rating|
|Teacher job satisfaction rating
(by teachers, not about teachers)
|Voting disabled on mobile|
Rajagiri International School admissions, reviews, notes
Rajagiri International School reviews - add yours here.
Rajagiri International School (RIS) fee structure
Rajagiri School was renamed as Primus Private School [when?]. Tel number +971-4-2800691 unchanged. RIS Dubai is not related to the Rajagiri Public School in Doha, Qatar.
|Annual tuition fees (AED) 2011-2012||9,750||9,750||11,500||11,500||12,000||12,000||14,400||14,400|
|Monthly tuition fees (AED) 2011-2012||975||975||1,150||1,150||1,200||1,200||1,440||1,440|
- 2012-2013 fees information not supplied.
- 2011-2012 fees (year of validity not confirmed) - registration fee AED 450, admission fee AED 250, activity fee AED 300-400 (annual), bus transport fee AED 270-500 (monthly) depending on location.
- 2009-2010 fees AED 9,750-12,000.
- Website available at www.risdubai.ae and www.risdubai.org. Not clear which one should be used but www.risdubai.org seems to be more up-to-date.
03 June 2012
- A Gulf News report said that all Sudhir Gopi Holdings organisations in the UAE had closed (and the owner had disappeared). Rajagiri School was not named as one of them, and appears to be still operating (registrations are being accepted for 2012-2013 school year ... for now at least). It might be that RIS was no longer part of the SG Holdings Group, information seems to be unclear about that (which appears to be SOP for RIS anyway).
- Presumably the SG Group plans for phase II of the RIS development are no longer valid, or on hold, or altered, or something.
21 November 2011
- There were newspaper reports of parents concerned about an apparent change in school management and/or ownership, with the possibility that the school might have to vacate the premises.
- Khaleej Times reported on 19 November 2011 that the landlord allegedly ordered the school to vacate in the middle of the academic year without any prior notice, referring to a letter dated 10 November, but also reported that Ahmed Al Jafla, the owner of the school property, said "We have not asked any student or staff to vacate the school and we will never remove any student from the school. We are working in the best interest of the students to protect their rights."
- Gulf News also reported the story on 20 November 2011, adding that the police had been called in when a meeting between the school and the parents "turned chaotic," with the report saying Parents were called in yesterday for an interactive session with the new group, a parent said, adding that police were called after one parent shouted but he was let go later.
- Following this story, Khaleej Times reported on 21 November 2011 that the principal, Fr Varghese Puthusserry, had resigned, saying "In this scenario I have been compelled to resign. My decision is in the best interest of the students and the school's future." And a statement from the KHDA had reassured parents and students, saying "KHDA will closely monitor all the happenings at the school and will not allow any course of action that will compromise the education delivered at the school. Any changes proposed will have to be in line with the current regulations and guidelines."
- RIS was originally established in 2008 as a joint venture between the Rajagiri Province of the Catholic Religious Carmelites of Mary Immaculate Congregation, India as academic managers, and Sudhir Gopi Holdings. The school premises were leased from Ahmad Jaffla / Ahmed Al Jafla.
20 February 2011 review
- Rajagiri School owner is Development Real Estate (DRE) in Dubai, according to the Specialist Group website (the part owner of the DRE company). DRE also own Deans International School (now the German School in Dubai).
- Sudhir Gop Holdings expansion plans for RIS are (or were) extending RIS from KG I to Grade XII with capacity of 2,250 students. Facilities to include 75 classrooms, 3 swimming pools, auditorium, activity rooms, indoor and outdoor sports facilities, computer and science laboratories, library, medical clinic, prayer halls, cafeteria, music room, art room.
10 August 2009 review
- Head's name updated. Previous PO Box 500438 (updated from website information). Rajagiri IS fees information not provided.
- Rajagiri School website at www.risdubai.org has a malware warning when trying to view it in the Google Chrome browser.
- RIS not in KHDA website list of licensed schools in Dubai (probably because list hasn't been updated assuming that RIS does actually have a licence).
02 February 2008 review
- Rajagiri School opening in April 2008 for KG to Grade 3 students. Further grades to be added in future years. Application forms available from school office.
- Principal is Fr. Varghese Puthuserry CMI (CMI is Carmelites of Mary Immaculate). Academic Director is Fr Mathew Vattathara CMI.
Last update 14 November 2019
- Indian schools in Dubai
- Study in Dubai - list of curriculums and qualifications.
- Teaching jobs in Dubai - how to apply, best schools, scams to watch out for.
- Teaching in Dubai - general information about working as a teacher in the UAE.
|Dubai education||Nurseries in Dubai | Schools in Dubai | New schools in Dubai 2018-2019 | Special needs in Dubai | Colleges in Dubai | Universities in Dubai | KHDA | KHDA school inspections ||
|UAE schools||Abu Dhabi schools | Ajman schools | Al Ain schools | Al Gharbia schools | Dubai schools | Fujairah schools | RAK schools | Ruwais schools | Sharjah schools | UAQ schools | UAE schools|
- [Disabled] Submit URL.